ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Boycott

Cortez88

All-Big Ten
Jan 7, 2017
Fans should stay home Saturday. It's a peaceful way of telling the powers that be that we the fans are done. It's unfortunate that this also affects the players; however, the fans did not stick IU with Crean for 9 seasons. Make the administration own this. If Crean comes back, they can know exactly what next season would look like.

Fans should stay home Saturday. It's a peaceful way of telling the powers that be that we the fans are done. It's unfortunate that this also affects the players; however, the fans did not stick IU with Crean for 9 seasons. Make the administration own this. If Crean comes back, they can know exactly what next season would look like.

Plenty of folks will "boycott" with better things to do...

Really Glass should announce that Crean is not coming back so people can cheer him one last time Saturday night. That would be the right thing to do.

Really Glass should announce that Crean is not coming back so people can cheer him one last time Saturday night. That would be the right thing to do.

I agree. If that were to happen, fans should attend the game.

Unless Hartman decides to go through senior day then there is no seniors to honor so there is no real reason to go.

How about supporting Colin Hartman's senior night

Reactions: hoosierfan35
Fire him but make him keep doing the job you say he shouldn't have? That makes no sense. And, yes, I realize NC State is doing that with Mark Gottfried, which is probably why no one wants to work for Debbie Yow.

If / when Crean is fired, then he should be done coaching immediately.

Hartman is going through. They have a huge sign out front that says Thank you Colin Hartman!!

Another kid leaving (or being asked to leave) eligibility on the table at IU? a fitting end to a really, really bizarre crean-ball era.

the highs of 3 seasons were good (not great). the lows were plenty and mind-numbing. weirdness abounded throughout. lol

Fans will stay home without encouragement. I gave away tickets for the last 2 home games and would do the same if I had tickets for Saturday. As I have mentioned before, the reaction of the fans that do show up will be as telling as the empty seats. A quiet crowd that lets out a collective sigh or moan at every turnover sends a genuine message that should speak very loudly. I don't like booing but those audible spontaneous sounds from individuals are fine.

I agree, the right thing to do would be to announce that he's stepping aside and people go for Hartman's senior day if they want and cheer Crean if they want to show goodwill. Seats will be empty Saturday, organized boycott or not.

I cannot boycott IU's basketball games. Unless something like phonegate breaks open again, God forbid.

I support these young men and their team. I actually cheer for them, too. I would like Tom Crean to perform miracles that obviously are not in him.

I cringe when we turn over the ball or don't block out or shoot early when there are no rebounders underneath or just stand around on offense or miss assignments on defense...well you get it. Too bad that our coach doesn't know how to make the team(s) effective.

I cannot hope that IU loses so that, somehow, Glass then would feel more compelled to negotiate Crean out.

But I will say that I understand those that do boycott. I have mixed feelings about it but if that is your decision then just do it.

I also have no problem that when Crean comes out and makes a really bad decision that I put a bag on my head and express displeasure.

I have no doubt that IU can and will come back some day. It will take the right coach. He isn't at IU right now.

Would of liked it to be an earlier game instead of an 8 pm tip.

I will be at the final game and not just because it is awesome to be in Btown.

I will be at the game supporting these great kids. I will be there supporting Colin Hartman a great kid whose career was sadly limited due to injury.

I will be there for the best fans in college basketball in the best area. I will be there enjoying the music Srs as they play for one of the countries great pep bands.

I will be there for Martha the mop lady, the six of seven time National Cheerleading champs and for one last "Under 8".

I will never boo an IU coach regardless of what I think.

Then I will hit Nicks for the final Strom of the season.

I will be at the final game and not just because it is awesome to be in Btown.

I will be at the game supporting these great kids. I will be there supporting Colin Hartman a great kid whose career was sadly limited due to injury.

I will be there for the best fans in college basketball in the best area. I will be there enjoying the music Srs as they play for one of the countries great pep bands.

I will be there for Martha the mop lady, the six of seven time National Cheerleading champs and for one last "Under 8".

I will never boo an IU coach regardless of what I think.

Then I will hit Nicks for the final Strom of the season.

And this is how we end up with Tom Crean for 9 (10???) years. Go have your strom, watch a video of the 1987 UNLV game, and send Collin a thank you card for his efforts (but don't ask him why he's graduate transferring to another school).

And this is how we end up with Tom Crean for 9 (10???) years. Go have your strom, watch a video of the 1987 UNLV game, and send Collin a thank you card for his efforts (but don't ask him why he's graduate transferring to another school).
Colin is not transferring anywhere but he has a job lined up after he graduates.

All these turds on here saying to boycott dont have season tickets anyway.
Going to IU games is one of my outlets I spend my entertainment money on. Its fun to go. Regardless of the coach/results, there are always plays or players that i enjoy being there to see.

Some people gamble, some people have golf memberships, some people buy season tickets, etc.

So stay home if you want - you didnt have a ticket to the game anyway!

I get where the fans are. Most fans regardless of the school want more. Add to your history and almost impossible expectations and that job is extremely tough.
Crean has had a very tough season being ranked preseason as high as #3.
Hartman's injury was a bigger blow than most thought it would be.
Add OG, and that is still a great deal for any coach to overcome.
Yes, they've underachieved. No idea what lies ahead.
Not sure any coach will fulfill the promise you're hoping for.
The last 3 hires have fallen significantly short of expected results.
Don't know if a new coach can deliver.
IU is no longer on the same level as Ky, Louisville, Duke, UNC, and a few others.
It will be interesting to see what happens.
Dakich talks like crean should stay.
What if....IU won the BTT? Do the fans do an about face?
No, I don't think it will happen but....

Reactions: Satimon
Going to IU games is one of my outlets I spend my entertainment money on. Its fun to go. Regardless of the coach/results, there are always plays or players that i enjoy being there to see.

Some people gamble, some people have golf memberships, some people buy season tickets, etc.

That's fine. It's a free country. Please note I'm not advocating to terminate your season tickets. Keep them in case IU has a team worth watching. Just skip Saturday.

Acting as if this is status quo will result in status quo. If you don't want a change, by all means, go to the game.

I get where the fans are. Most fans regardless of the school want more. Add to your history and almost impossible expectations and that job is extremely tough.
IU is no longer on the same level as Ky, Louisville, Duke, UNC, and a few others.
Louisville, Duke and Kentucky are all a wrong hire away from not being Louisville, Duke and Kentucky.

We know you want IU to keep Crean forever, we get it. It's not happening though. He is gone.

Black and gold colored glasses. I am guessing you prefer having a Tom Crean coaching IU rather than a Bob Knight. Can't wait to hear the collective groan from WL when a Stevens, Donovan, Marshall, etc. is hired.

And that's why you are a moron.

I'd like to see as many of these kids come back as possible. How does a boycott help in that scenario. Certainly the braintrust can see the state of the program.

Reactions: Satimon and cryano
I'd like to see as many of these kids come back as possible. How does a boycott help in that scenario. Certainly the braintrust can see the state of the program.
We want Crean gone and most feel thats the only way to do it. The players are just in a bad situation and I believe that most will be gone with or without Crean.

I will always support the IU team and all of the players. I want IU to win every game. I will watch the game Saturday and hope IU turns their season around at the end.

Reactions: Satimon and cryano
the braintrust not only sees the state of the program....they built it.

Black and gold colored glasses. I am guessing you prefer having a Tom Crean coaching IU rather than a Bob Knight. Can't wait to hear the collective groan from WL when a Stevens, Donovan, Marshall, etc. is hired.
Since Knight I see, Davis, Sampson, and Crean. What makes you think the next hire will be a home run?
While I've never considered Crean a good coach (I stopped knocking him after 2 collapses in the Big dance by Purdue, no room to talk), I do think he's had it tough this year because of injuries. Everyone says they weren't playing well before OG got hurt. It's a lot easier to right the ship with OG than without him.

Again we see the SOS with Crean. IU jumps out to a 17 to 4 lead and as usual in come the subs and there goes momentum and morale.. He has done this for 8 years and it's well past time he goes.....I have watched and cheered on the Hoosiers since the 1950's (Im 76) but have lose all intrest in IU basketball....Also, notice the expression on these guy's faces as the head for the bench after 3-4-5 minutes on the floor.

Which would complete incompetence. They should know exactly what they will do and when it will happen. If they are still debating bringing Crean back the fans will leave.
Thats not what I think at all. It is not incompetence to think and do other than what you think the AD should do. It's just another opinion...one that matters.

Say, for instance, that AD Glass does believe that Crean has outlived his purpose here at IU. That's one part of the equation. He then, under this scenario, is prepared to negotiate Crean out. But there is a second part of the equation. That is the replacement coach.

Feelers may be going out through intermediaries, sure. But knowing that he will can Crean may well depend on where AD Glass wants this to go.

So that is different than what you posited. Doesn't seem incompetent to me. Seems good management practice.

I don't know about fans leaving, either. Some may. Some may not. Amazing that other people think differently, eh?

Thats not what I think at all. It is not incompetence to think and do other than what you think the AD should do. It's just another opinion...one that matters.

Say, for instance, that AD Glass does believe that Crean has outlived his purpose here at IU. That's one part of the equation. He then, under this scenario, is prepared to negotiate Crean out. But there is a second part of the equation. That is the replacement coach.

Feelers may be going out through intermediaries, sure. But knowing that he will can Crean may well depend on where AD Glass wants this to go.

So that is different than what you posited. Doesn't seem incompetent to me. Seems good management practice.

I don't know about fans leaving, either. Some may. Some may not. Amazing that other people think differently, eh?

That fact that 9 years of evidence isn't enough to persuade folks that Crean needs to be fired is amazing to me. It really is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT