ADVERTISEMENT

Russia-Ukraine war has begun

To add on - this might have a silver lining by getting the Russians out from behind their mind fields and dug in defenses. When Urkraine gets sufficient weapons and munitions they might be able to do a rapid counter offensive destroying Russian forces in depth. Maybe involving a flanking attack.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Yes, people die in wars. This war was started by Russia. You want all the dead people to be Ukrainians?
How bout no dead people and no war?

I realize we have people in Washington and people like yourself getting their rocks off to this whole thing, but it seems you never question the ridiculousness of Ukranians and Russian conscripts that don't want to be there, dying over who controls the Donbas. Let them have the Donbas, Crimea. Pledge that Ukraine will never join NATO and this conflict can be ended the way it should have been prevented.

Russia had no interest in invading Ukraine until the idea of NATO membership picked up steam. That is a FACT.

NATO started this war by deliberately crossing a Russian red line. And unlike Obama, Putin stays true to his.

How bout no dead people and no war?

I realize we have people in Washington and people like yourself getting their rocks off to this whole thing, but it seems you never question the ridiculousness of Ukranians and Russian conscripts that don't want to be there, dying over who controls the Donbas. Let them have the Donbas, Crimea. Pledge that Ukraine will never join NATO and this conflict can be ended the way it should have been prevented.

Russia had no interest in invading Ukraine until the idea of NATO membership picked up steam. That is a FACT.

NATO started this war by deliberately crossing a Russian red line. And unlike Obama, Putin stays true to his.
Nonsense. Russia started the war. Putin has expressed desire to bring former Soviet states back into the fold. He started with Ukraine territory in Crimea. This is all fact.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
link? I know there's a neocon boogeyman that says Putin has designs on reconstituting the Soviet Union, but I don't believe he's ever said as much.
Neocon? I have no idea what neocon would have to do with it. I’m watching the Reds and the NFL draft. You can do a little research on your own.

To add on - this might have a silver lining by getting the Russians out from behind their mind fields and dug in defenses. When Urkraine gets sufficient weapons and munitions they might be able to do a rapid counter offensive destroying Russian forces in depth. Maybe involving a flanking attack.
That was where my mind was going. Pull back, let them extend past their supply lines and fortification, then pinch them off . Could be a huge body count. They are already looking at 500,000 in the next 35-40 days just under normal operations.

Reactions: DANC
link? I know there's a neocon boogeyman that says Putin has designs on reconstituting the Soviet Union, but I don't believe he's ever said as much.
He took Crimea long before any NATO discussion and started the uprising. He took parts of Georgia long before that. The Russians were involved in Transnistria in 1990, and are still working to destabilize Moldova.

Reactions: DANC
That was where my mind was going. Pull back, let them extend past their supply lines and fortification, then pinch them off . Could be a huge body count. They are already looking at 500,000 in the next 35-40 days just under normal operations.
I think the change of the head of command of the Ukrainian military coincided with Ukraine pulling back. Could be the pullback is by design, for this reason, knowing the Russkies lose a lot more men and material when they're on the offense.

If you have Netflix, you should watch the Turning Point series on the Cold War. It does a pretty good study on Putin and his motivations and mindset. Pretty good insight and there's no doubt he sees the downfall of the Soviet Union as a humiliation and he wants to put the old band back together.

If you have Netflix, you should watch the Turning Point series on the Cold War. It does a pretty good study on Putin and his motivations and mindset. Pretty good insight and there's no doubt he sees the downfall of the Soviet Union as a humiliation and he wants to put the old band back together.
Malarkey. Give me the cliff notes and spare me the 9 part documentary.

He does lament the fall of the Soviet Union. That’s a major fall in status for Russia. Understandable. That’s a different thing entirely from having plans to reconstitute it.

NATO policy since the fall of the Soviet Union has been an abject failure. Clearly.

Malarkey. Give me the cliff notes and spare me the 9 part documentary.

He does lament the fall of the Soviet Union. That’s a major fall in status for Russia. Understandable. That’s a different thing entirely from having plans to reconstitute it.

NATO policy since the fall of the Soviet Union has been an abject failure. Clearly.
2 minutes into the first episode. Zelensky interview.

Why are you coming on this board recommending NATO, NeoCon propaganda?

He took Crimea long before any NATO discussion and started the uprising. He took parts of Georgia long before that. The Russians were involved in Transnistria in 1990, and are still working to destabilize Moldova.
That is just so wrong. The Bucharest summit prompted the invasion of Georgia.

I thought you were the boards military historian or something?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT