ADVERTISEMENT

Rourke Out

daddyhoosier

Junior
Aug 31, 2019
iufb.net
Not great news but Nebraska was not likely to overcome a 21-point deficit so I'm holding out hope that this is somewhat precautionary. We will see how the offense looks with TJ at the helm. This gets him some experience in case he has to take over for a week or two. Hopefully it's just a contusion that will get better in a few days but you could tell it was really hurting him by the way he was holding his hand coming off the field.

Not great news but Nebraska was not likely to overcome a 21-point deficit so I'm holding out hope that this is somewhat precautionary. We will see how the offense looks with TJ at the helm. This gets him some experience in case he has to take over for a week or two. Hopefully it's just a contusion that will get better in a few days but you could tell it was really hurting him by the way he was holding his hand coming off the field.
I think it’s not serious but yes it’s concerning. I think the knee was also bothering him.

Me too. Saw blood and thought that was case. Not sure you take a guy out of pads for a ripped thumbnail. Timeline makes him game time decision for Ohio State assuming normal recovery time. Tayven played well, believe he can lead team to wins the next 3 weeks. Bye week before OSU is HUGE.

You'd better be right. That's some bullshit to spread based on conjecture.
I’m going off a text I received from somebody who I consider reliable. Hope like hell it’s a ripped thumbnail and he’s back next week. I’ve never seen a player come out late from half time with his pads off for a ripped thumbnail.

Reactions: Brockway
You could tell Nebraska was broken at halftime. It’s good to get TJ some reps. It just didn’t seem that serious. You see guys break fingers off helmets a lot and there’s a great deal of pain.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Com*on. If it was broken he could not have finished our the half.
All indications are he had the nail ripped off.

That's not really true. A broken thumb/finger is something that doesn't really feel that bad in the present when adrenaline is rushing. Was not a good sign with him not even dressed in the 2nd half

Reactions: jet812 and Brockway
I’m not saying that it’s not possible but watching him after it happened he seemed to throw alright which would be hard to do with a broken thumb. Also Cig seemed to think it wasn’t that serious.
His ball wasn’t near as crisp after the injury. At least two under throws. Part of my thinks the attempted Hail Mary at the end half played a part. Again, simply sharing information I received from somebody who I consider reliable. One of the few times I would be glad to be wrong.

Reactions: Brockway
I’m going off a text I received from somebody who I consider reliable. Hope like hell it’s a ripped thumbnail and he’s back next week. I’ve never seen a player come out late from half time with his pads off for a ripped thumbnail.
How ‘bout some insight into why you consider him reliable?

I don’t think we lose a ton with Tayven. He adds a real run element off the reads. He’s shown he has touch. Still hope for the best.

Reactions: muubell
That's not really true. A broken thumb/finger is something that doesn't really feel that bad in the present when adrenaline is rushing. Was not a good sign with him not even dressed in the 2nd half
I’m not a doctor but I played one on tv and I dont think you could throw the ball 50 yards with a thumb that was truly broken.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Insight? He wouldn’t text “broken thumb, out 4-5 weeks. Possible surgery” as an April Fool’s joke in October. I have zero reason not to believe what he said no matter how wrong I hope he is. Don’t need to divulge any more than that.
What is his proximity to the program? Don’t be coy like an asshole…

1. Posters on the other site are claiming the same thing (source players' families)
2. Most bad news on these message boards is broken via posts like IndyResident16's (i.e. somebody passing on info that they have heard)

Fair enough. Sorry for the insulting you. I felt it was innocuous to share something that I believe to be reliable.

Fair. If it was me I would have posted it with a bunch of caveats. You posted it as damn near confirmed fact. You (your source) may end up being right, but we see way too much bullshit posted as fact based on nothing but speculation and conjecture.

Here is what Coach Cignetti said in presser:
“Cignetti began his postgame press conference by addressing Rourke's injury which forced him to miss the entire second half against Nebraska. Cignetti said the injury did not appear to be muscle or bone related, but it was an issue with Rourke's thumb on his throwing hand.”

Reactions: muubell and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT