ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Bob Jenkins, 73

It's been a rough year around here (Indy). Slick Leonard, Bobby Unser, Bob Jenkins. Robin Miller isn't doing well. Sucks.

I know a lot of IU fans don't care for Miller, and that's fine, but as a motorsports writer he's been one of the best for a long, long time.

It's been a rough year around here (Indy). Slick Leonard, Bobby Unser, Bob Jenkins. Robin Miller isn't doing well. Sucks.

I know a lot of IU fans don't care for Miller, and that's fine, but as a motorsports writer he's been one of the best for a long, long time.
Miller's great on JMV. He's been around forever, knows everybody and just about everything about Indy. Would love to have a beer or 10 and just listen to him hold court.

It is often said that if you are lucky enough to do for a living what you love then you never work a day in your life. Bob was a lucky man. RIP!

Reactions: 1987Grad
I believe Miller moved to Arizona to pass peacefully. His last article with racer stated as such.

I believe Miller moved to Arizona to pass peacefully. His last article with racer stated as such.
If anyone has not read this...do so. I insist.

I hated Miller for the first decade I was aware of him. The next decade I mellowed and was ambivolent. After I had a few beers with him at the old Speedway Motel...I loved him.

If anyone has not read this...do so. I insist.

I hated Miller for the first decade I was aware of him. The next decade I mellowed and was ambivolent. After I had a few beers with him at the old Speedway Motel...I loved him.

I thought Miller didn't drink?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT