ADVERTISEMENT

Right Now, Based On Potential Matchups In The IHSAA State Tournament, This Might Be The Toughest Path To A State Championship Game A Team Could Have

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
That would be if you are in the Class 2A Taylor Sectional. Assuming all the higher rated teams win and advance, to make it to the 2A State Championship Game, you would have to beat 5 of the top 15 teams (potentially 4 of the top 10) in that Class to get there. You might get lucky and draw a first round bye in the Sectional (since there's 7 teams in it). If not, you'd probably have to face either Madison-Grant, #19 in the state in Team Scoring Average, or Eastern (Greentown), who is currently 9-4. Then you'd get to play #11 Tipton and #6 Taylor (in whatever order) in the Semi-Final and Championship Games. Did I mention that the top teams in that Sectional (Taylor, Tipton, Madison-Grant, and Eastern) are currently a combined 41-11 overall and 19-1 vs 2A teams? Then, in the morning game of the Regional round the next weekend, you'd be facing #4 Wapahani, the #22 team in the state in Defensive Average. If you beat them, you'd be facing either #2 Fort Wayne Blackhawk (#18 in the state in Team Scoring Average) or #14 Carroll (Flora) in the Regional Championship game. And your reward for making it to the Semi State Championship Game is you'd have to face #5 Gary 21st Century, the #7 team in the state in Team Scoring Average.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radio Zero
That would be if you are in the Class 2A Taylor Sectional. Assuming all the higher rated teams win and advance, to make it to the 2A State Championship Game, you would have to beat 5 of the top 15 teams (potentially 4 of the top 10) in that Class to get there. You might get lucky and draw a first round bye in the Sectional (since there's 7 teams in it). If not, you'd probably have to face either Madison-Grant, #19 in the state in Team Scoring Average, or Eastern (Greentown), who is currently 9-4. Then you'd get to play #11 Tipton and #6 Taylor (in whatever order) in the Semi-Final and Championship Games. Did I mention that the top teams in that Sectional (Taylor, Tipton, Madison-Grant, and Eastern) are currently a combined 41-11 overall and 19-1 vs 2A teams? Then, in the morning game of the Regional round the next weekend, you'd be facing #4 Wapahani, the #22 team in the state in Defensive Average. If you beat them, you'd be facing either #2 Fort Wayne Blackhawk (#18 in the state in Team Scoring Average) or #14 Carroll (Flora) in the Regional Championship game. And your reward for making it to the Semi State Championship Game is you'd have to face #5 Gary 21st Century, the #7 team in the state in Team Scoring Average.
Need to watch out for my Chargers of North Montgomery. They are an offensive juggernaut putting up about 34 points per game.

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
Need to watch out for my Chargers of North Montgomery. They are an offensive juggernaut putting up about 34 points per game.
But, have they ever only scored 6 points in a half and gone scoreless in a quarter (and still ended up winning the game)? My old high school pulled that off earlier this year, lol

Last edited:
Blackhawk Linton..
Best in 2/ A..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT