ADVERTISEMENT

Retro Uniforms To Be Worn Against Cincinnati

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana

Should look good... Actually, I Know they'll look good having seen them in the past...

I'm pretty much up for anything that doesn't resemble the camo pajamas or the candy striped clown suits foisted upon us in past years...

This set actually looks like a Football Uniform...

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
Sort of a curious aside on this. in 1995, they wore throwback uniforms to honor the 1945 championship team. They weren't replicas, but sort of a combination of aspects of some old uniform Styles. I believe they put all the game worn uniforms up for sale and had about 200 more available for sale to the general public. I bought one at the Concession stand at the stadium and it still hangs in my closet. If I remember correctly the price for the Jersey was $ 75 to $80.

Sort of a curious aside on this. in 1995, they wore throwback uniforms to honor the 1945 championship team. They weren't replicas, but sort of a combination of aspects of some old uniform Styles. I believe they put all the game worn uniforms up for sale and had about 200 more available for sale to the general public. I bought one at the Concession stand at the stadium and it still hangs in my closet. If I remember correctly the price for the Jersey was $ 75 to $80.
First game I ever took my now 30 year old son. Scalped tickets outside the stadium. Had my son on my shoulder and walked up to white haired couple, well dressed holding up a couple tickets. Told them I was an alum and just wanted to take my son to his first game. He sold me two on the 50 yard line about 15 rows up for $20 total. I've always appreciated their courtesy!

Was at that ‘95 game vs the Illini, celebrating the ‘45 team. Nice day…except the outcome of the game.

Should look good... Actually, I Know they'll look good having seen them in the past...

I'm pretty much up for anything that doesn't resemble the camo pajamas or candy striped clown suits foisted upon us in past years...

This set actually looks like a Football Uniform...

I like 'em but the helmet shouldn't have any stripes, just the block "I." That said, I really like the helmet on a stand-alone basis.

The jerseys could be a tad darker.

And, we could really use a result against an Ohio team that would mirror IU's 41-7 crushing of OSU.

Reactions: 76-1
the block I has not been kind to us when worn in recent years - let’s hope that changes Saturday

Be thankful no one has proposed Sam Wyche throwback uniforms. . .
Hey, it would be fitting since he had a connection to both places. Not UC, but being the head coach of the Bengals

Last edited:
Just make sure everything is spelled correctly.
I’m not on the Twitter, but if no one has started an “Indinia Hoosiers” parody account yet, the world is missing opportunities for some good fun.

Ah, Sam Wyche, the one year coaching wonder whose greatest legacy here was the one year logo design. I wish I still had my red ball cap to sell on EBay.
Was it true that Sam was told he'd be offered the Bengals job the following year and he just took the IU job to get his family closer to Cincinnatti? I remember hearing that Knight was pissed at that whole situation.

Was it true that Sam was told he'd be offered the Bengals job the following year and he just took the IU job to get his family closer to Cincinnatti? I remember hearing that Knight was pissed at that whole situation.
Never heard the family proximity story but it’s hard to imagine he wouldn’t have been aware of the coaching heirarchy possibilities.

I’m not on the Twitter, but if no one has started an “Indinia Hoosiers” parody account yet, the world is missing opportunities for some good fun.
I am not either, but it HAS to be out there by now.

Why move twice?

Heard that, too. I also remember Wyche, when he took the IU job, said he needed to be a head coach somewhere before he got to the NFL.

Scumbag.

I have found two such Twitter accounts after doing a search. One has 4 followers the other none. I don’t post their handles here because I’m not overly enthused about it.
Parody accounts can be awesome whether on message boards or twatter but it takes a good writer sans bitterness and that is rare.

Reactions: 3rdindianacav
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT