ADVERTISEMENT

Rest in Peace Coach Knight . . .

greatest team sport coach ever

he left and forced people to take sides v IU, the mark of a very unstable, insecure man.

again: tim and karen were pawning T Tech crap on S Meridian during our 2002 F4 run, and our bumpkins were buying it up.

it was never about Indiana. it was about Bob Knight's Indiana. Great coach. Horribly flawed person. And a total bully.

Stop worshiping flawed boorish men, American men. Makes you less of a man. Stand up for the Neil Reeds, not pile on.

he left and forced people to take sides v IU, the mark of a very unstable, insecure man.

again: tim and karen were pawning T Tech crap on S Meridian during our 2002 F4 run, and our bumpkins were buying it up.

it was never about Indiana. it was about Bob Knight's Indiana. Great coach. Horribly flawed person. And a total bully.

Stop worshiping flawed boorish men, American men. Makes you less of a man. Stand up for the Neil Reeds, not pile on.
It was "never about Indiana" for a relatively small number of what I have always called "Knight-o-philes"...non-grad fans that were fans of Knight but not really IU. I never knew they existed until after graduation when I began woring in the braoder marketplace.

The vast majority of them disappeared by the time he left TT.

It's pretty much consensus he was a great coach and a flawed person. It's obviously extremely common for humans to be flawed or complicated. There is nothing wrong with remembering the good side of RMK -- he was a great coach and positive influence for a lot of players. Every mention of him doesn't need to include a run-down of all of his faults and mistakes, everyone knows them.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU

Man 2016 really hurt your feelings. Way to piss on a thread.

Beating UNLV was the best of many great wins. I thought we nor anyone else could beat them in the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT