ADVERTISEMENT

Republican news conference

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
Did anyone see that? They impeached Clinton for a blow job, and then we had all these congresspeople fellating Trump right there on camera. WTF?

Reactions: meridian
Did anyone see that? They impeached Clinton for a blow job, and then we had all these congresspeople fellating Trump right there on camera. WTF?
Refused to watch. I heard Pence prayed for him and Trump's media remarks. Heard what Orrin Hatch said. These people treat him like a child that needs a medal for coming in last place. He's a pathetic toddler.

Reactions: MaxCoke
Refused to watch. I heard Pence prayed for him and Trump's media remarks. Heard what Orrin Hatch said. These people treat him like a child that needs a medal for coming in last place. He's a pathetic toddler.

Short version:

I am surprised he could speak this clearly considering he had Trump's little appendix in his mouth.

Reactions: Rusty G
I used to have some respect for Hatch. No more.

lol.

Sorry your taxes went down! That is assuming you paid any in the first place.

Why do some on here assume that just because we might have our taxes decreased, that the bill is something we should support?

This bill accelerates the movement of wealth from the bottom to the top. Period. As such, it’s a bad thing, even if my taxes will go down a fair amount (I’ve been in a bracket that gets more of a break under this plan).

Again, it’s about “we”. Not “me”. For all the talk about the Dems always trying to pull off wealth distribution downward (largely via a progressive tax scheme), they didn’t waste an opportunity to redistribute it upward. Hypocrites.

This law is trickle down on steroids. Which is proven to not work. Plus, it will actually encourage American business to take even more money out of the country, and won’t lead to much if any increases in jobs OR wages/salary. It was rushed through because the republicans had to answer to their donor class. And, as a result, it’s got a lot of holes in it that would’ve been cleaned up if it went through the normal legislative process.

The right also complained about the ACA being rushed. That took almost a full year, and had many hearings and attempts to work with the pubs. At least in the beginning, until the pubs flatly refuses to work with the Dems. By comparison, this one was done in less than a month, without any procedural safeguards via the legislative process. And, the Dems weren’t even invited to be a part of any of it.

Legislative ping pong isn’t great for our country. And this is the worst example yet.

And, getting back to the intent of this thread, the pubs have absolutely sold their soul to jam through everything they can prior to the midterms in 2018. Because they know they’re going to get hammered. I’m embarrassed for some of them- we all know Pence is phony as hell and member of the cabinet values staying in their position over doing right for the country. But folks like Hatch that are bending down to kiss the ring are ruining their legacy.

Years from now, the pubs aren’t going to be treated kindly by the history books. Kissing this madman/dumb@ss’s @ss to get your legislation through is ridiculously transparent. And dangerous. They’ve completely adopted him. And they’ll pay a steep price for that in 2018. Wouldn’t it be nuts if the Dems control the house and the senate by the time Mueller’s investigation wraps up?

Even if serious wrongdoing is shown, I don’t see this batch of pubs in office having the cojones to do the right thing. It’s gonna take the Dems to do the right thing. Which, IF they take over the house and the senate AND the report shows impeachable offenses (both probable), we will see. It’s sad that partisan politics has put us in this position.

Last edited:
Why do some on here assume that just because we might have our taxes decreased, that the bill is something we should support?

This bill accelerates the movement of wealth from the bottom to the top. Period. As such, it’s a bad thing, even if my taxes will go down a fair amount (I’ve been in a bracket that gets more of a break under this plan).

Again, it’s about “we”. Not “me”. For all the talk about the Dems always trying to pull off wealth distribution downward (largely via a progressive tax scheme), they didn’t waste an opportunity to redistribute it upward. Hypocrites.

This law is trickle down on steroids. Which is proven to not work. Plus, it will actually encourage American business to take even more money out of the country, and won’t lead to much if any increases in jobs OR wages/salary. It was rushed through because the republicans had to answer to their donor class. And, as a result, it’s got a lot of holes in it that would’ve been cleaned up if it went through the normal legislative process.

The right also complained about the ACA being rushed. That took almost a full year, and had many hearings and attempts to work with the pubs. At least in the beginning, until the pubs flatly refuses to work with the Dems. By comparison, this one was done in less than a month, without any procedural safeguards via the legislative process. And, the Dems weren’t even invited to be a part of any of it.

Legislative ping pong isn’t great for our country. And this is the worst example yet.

And, getting back to the intent of this thread, the pubs have absolutely sold their soul to jam through everything they can prior to the midterms in 2018. Because they know they’re going to get hammered. I’m embarrassed for some of them- we all know Pence is phony as hell and member of the cabinet values staying in their position over doing right for the country. But folks like Hatch that are bending down to kiss the ring are ruining their legacy.

Years from now, the pubs aren’t going to be treated kindly by the history books. Kissing this madman/dumb@ss’s @ss to get your legislation through is ridiculously transparent. And dangerous. They’ve completely adopted him. And they’ll pay a steep price for that in 2018. Wouldn’t it be nuts if the Dems control the house and the senate by the time Mueller’s investigation wraps up?

Even if serious wrongdoing is shown, I don’t see this batch of pubs in office having the cojones to do the right thing. It’s gonna take the Dems to do the right thing. Which, IF they take over the house and the senate AND the report shows impeachable offenses (both probable), we will see. It’s sad that partisan politics has put us in this position.
You don’t own your own business do you?

Interesting rant.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/this-is-just-the-start-of-companies-increasing-spending.html

Thoughts?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/black-unemployment-rate-hits-16-12-year-low-162635060.html

This is not all Trump, but the trend is improving. Thoughts?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/21/us-final-reading-on-q3-2017-gdp.html

Already good numbers mixes with that corporate tax cut...how do you think that works out looking forward?

I do not necessarily think the tax bill was completely good but the way the Democrats have been acting, this should have been Armageddon. At the same time that Chuck Schumer was blasting companies like AT&T for hoarding money and saying this bill only helps that continue, you had AT&T and others announcing things that are very good for their workers. Guess we will see how things work out.

Interesting rant.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/this-is-just-the-start-of-companies-increasing-spending.html

Thoughts?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/black-unemployment-rate-hits-16-12-year-low-162635060.html

Already good numbers mixes with that corporate tax cut...how do you think that works out looking forward?

I do not necessarily think the tax bill was completely good but the way the Democrats have been acting, this should have been Armageddon. At the same time that Chuck Schumer was blasting companies like AT&T for hoarding money and saying this bill only helps that continue, you had AT&T and others announcing things that are very good for their workers. Guess we will see how things work out.

The workers will need that money to pay for health insurance premium increases. This is nothing but a PR move. It’s a drop in the bucket compared to what these guys are getting ready to make with tax cuts and net neutrality being killed.

Interesting rant.

Thoughts?

Jamie Dimon posted something that showed that companies will likely move even more money offshore, under the new structure. So, I don’t buy that it’s as well written as it could’ve been.

And, props to AT&T for doing what they did. Brilliant PR move to spend some of the excess cash that’s been sitting around on their workers. However, we already know that most companies will not allow the extra cash to trickle down to their employees in the form of wages. That’s never been the case, and if it were, why haven’t they paid their employees more now with all the extra cash sitting around? Even during the event with Gary Cohn present, most CEO’s indicated that they would not spend the extra cash on their workers. The extra money would instead go to stock but backs, dividends and equipment. The majority of Americans do not own stock, so this is a clear attempt to redistribute wealth to the top.

And, more jobs may be created- but they aren’t the type of jobs that can sustain a person or a family. But that’s a whole different discussion.

Also, this eliminates the ACA mandate, which estimates say will result in 13 million people losing health insurance. And, premiums will be 10% higher because of this, which affects all of us. I don’t see how that’s a good thing for american people.

The stock market is up, but it’s based on expectations. It’s not based on reality, and is due for a correction soon. Housing prices will likely fall quite a bit in the big blue states, which isn’t good for the economy. This is based on the SALT exemptions being capped.

That’s my .02. Maybe corporate tax rates should be been cut some, but the way this was done won’t lead to the touted results. History shows us this.

And, one sided legislation is never stable. That’s the other beef I have with how this was done. It was rushed, and didn’t end up nearly as good as it could’ve been.

I just don't understand this line of thinking. Does the bill benefit the wealthy more than the poor?

Of course it does, they're the ones paying the taxes thus the breaks will benefit them more (provided they don't live in California or New York).

If you complain about income inequality even though your standard of living is going up, it still doesn't make you moral, it makes you jealous.

This is a good god damn bill, and part of the reason that it's a good god damn bill is that it sets the table for the spending cuts that are going to have to take place in 2018.

Jamie Dimon posted something that showed that companies will likely move even more money offshore, under the new structure. So, I don’t buy that it’s as well written as it could’ve been.

And, props to AT&T for doing what they did. Brilliant PR move to spend some of the excess cash that’s been sitting around on their workers. However, we already know that most companies will not allow the extra cash to trickle down to their employees in the form of wages. That’s never been the case, and if it were, why haven’t they paid their employees more now with all the extra cash sitting around? Even during the event with Gary Cohn present, most CEO’s indicated that they would not spend the extra cash on their workers. The extra money would instead go to stock but backs, dividends and equipment. The majority of Americans do not own stock, so this is a clear attempt to redistribute wealth to the top.

And, more jobs may be created- but they aren’t the type of jobs that can sustain a person or a family. But that’s a whole different discussion.

Also, this eliminates the ACA mandate, which estimates say will result in 13 million people losing health insurance. And, premiums will be 10% higher because of this, which affects all of us. I don’t see how that’s a good thing for american people.

The stock market is up, but it’s based on expectations. It’s not based on reality, and is due for a correction soon. Housing prices will likely fall quite a bit in the big blue states, which isn’t good for the economy. This is based on the SALT exemptions being capped.

That’s my .02. Maybe corporate tax rates should be been cut some, but the way this was done won’t lead to the touted results. History shows us this.

And, one sided legislation is never stable. That’s the other beef I have with how this was done. It was rushed, and didn’t end up nearly as good as it could’ve been.
Geez, I listened to part of Rush today and he said the tax bill's passage shows that Trump is draining the swamp in Washington that no one else has ever been able to do before. I then turned to listen to who ever was subbing on the the Dana show and he said England was really being difficult and is now moving against American interests.

Conservative talk radio, like Fox has become nothing but propaganda and ass kissing for Donald Trump. Old line conservatives like William Buckley, Malcolm Forbes and Barry Goldwater must be spinning in their graves.

Huh? That doesn't seem right.

IIRC the point of that post was the balance of power in terms of corporate HQs and domiciled entities.

It has to do with corporate growth, and more specifically, M&A activities. If the U.S. allows for repatriation of this cash and hypothetically easier and cheaper repatriation in the future, it allows U.S.-based companies to be more acquisitive of foreign assets vs. the other way around (net buyers).

How much that actually matters is for someone smarter to determine.

I heard a panel discussing this today. Just caught the end of it, but saying there is. Ore incentive to move companies and workers overseas. And the AT and T move likely partly to get in good with the administration as they are looking for an ok on their merger .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT