ADVERTISEMENT

Red Out Tomorrow

TDr12

Recruit
Apr 16, 2011
Apologies if this has already been posted, and I missed it! I saw it on Twitter this week, and I thought it was worth sharing here too. Most of us already wear red to these games, but it would be awesome if almost the entire stadium were a sea of red.

Didn't we do a 'white out' back in 2020 when Penn State was in and was the team wearing white? I vaguely remember some 'color out' when it was the other team's color.

Anyway, hope it looks great. Go Hoosiers!
2020…..the fans came dressed as empty bleachers. That was the COVID year.

On another note, this is a learning experience for the fanbase as well. Most have never been around a program or stadium where you do coordinated stuff with the fans. Other schools with longer success have these routines down pat.

I’ve seen countless fans at Memorial Stafium in attire ranging from the Colts to Pacers gear, etc. They are trying to educate the fanbase. It’s a learning curve for many.

Did a Black Out game last year for the Friday night. I would say not even 1/3rd of the people at the game had on black and then we had to go to 2 OT's to beat Akron. I think the Red Out makes a lot more sense since most people already are going to probably own a Red IU item.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT