ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING: De'Ron Davis Cuts to 3

I still have 4 years of eligibility and am above average at horse. I fit the purdue mold.

Eh, Curtis Jones & Bruce Brown is a wash anyway.
confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jones to IU, Xavier Simpson to Iowa State, flatlanders strike out and sign a 2 star in state PG.

Ha ha hilarious and so true. Painter would literally throw the keys at a stud freshman PG next year and still can't land one. Love Jones' game. A year or two of maturing, some extra muscle and he is going to be a stud. Hope we land him.

Ha ha hilarious and so true. Painter would literally throw the keys at a stud freshman PG next year and still can't land one. Love Jones' game. A year or two of maturing, some extra muscle and he is going to be a stud. Hope we land him.

Let's hope we can bring Curtis in. Would be a good start to the 2016 class.

Jones and Brown would be an awesome 1-2 punch from the guard spot. Both can handle the point some and can shoot (not too dissimilar from RJ and JBjr)

Jones and Brown would be an awesome 1-2 punch from the guard spot. Both can handle the point some and can shoot (not too dissimilar from RJ and JBjr)

I think we have a legit shot at Brown. You get the feel that we're top 2 along with UMass. When you're in the top 2 and you get them on campus, you always have a good shot.

CTC's track record with SG's may be the deciding factor.

We will be in a dog fight to get Davis or Brown. We are not leading for either guy.....Davis may be off the board before he even schedule a visit to IU

Reactions: #Bentley
I think we have a legit shot at Brown. You get the feel that we're top 2 along with UMass. When you're in the top 2 and you get them on campus, you always have a good shot.

CTC's track record with SG's may be the deciding factor.

CTC will probably push the Oladipo angle.

Last edited:
Tony Carr just chose Penn St., he was once a IU recruiting target. Also said that Carr and Lamar Stevens another IU recruiting target has talked about going tot he same school.

Tony Carr just chose Penn St., he was once a IU recruiting target. Also said that Carr and Lamar Stevens another IU recruiting target has talked about going tot he same school.

I fully root on other Big Ten teams especially on the East Coast getting good recruiting classes. It was a great close by the staff and hope they have some results to sell next season. Right now they are only selling the dream.

I fully root on other Big Ten teams especially on the East Coast getting good recruiting classes. It was a great close by the staff and hope they have some results to sell next season. Right now they are only selling the dream.
Penn St needs to pull more than one good player every couple of years because they seem like the always have that one very good player but never have seem to have a good core of players.

Penn St needs to pull more than one good player every couple of years because they seem like the always have that one very good player but never have seem to have a good core of players.

PSU's last two classes (2015, 2016) have been really tough by their standards. They're bringing in a lot of tough players with defined strengths from proven HS basketball conferences. Could definitely see them making the NCAA tournament in a couple of years.

PSU's last two classes (2015, 2016) have been really tough by their standards. They're bringing in a lot of tough players with defined strengths from proven HS basketball conferences. Could definitely see them making the NCAA tournament in a couple of years.

Penn State's 2017-18 NCAA Tournament team:

G - Carr (Soph.)/Washington (Sr)
G- Garner (Sr)/Reaves (Jr)/Davis (Sr)
G - Samuel (Sr)/Banks (Sr)/Bostick (Soph)
F - Zemgulis (Jr)/Hampton(Soph)
C - Watkins (Jr)/Moore (Sr)

That's a pretty solid rotation.

I'll just say this. When you try to make a name for yourself betting against Cal in recruiting you're taking a big risk.
I saw Alkins seems like a UK kind of player as well as Maker because to me both seem more consumed with getting to the NBA than what college they play for.

I saw Alkins seems like a UK kind of player as well as Maker because to me both seem more consumed with getting to the NBA than what college they play for.

Yep. Winners. Kentucky is Hollywood. Dunks. Threes. Up and down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT