Western Kentucky
Western Michigan
Notre Dame
Wabash
ISU
Southern Illinois
Northern Iowa
Purdue

Keep it mostly in state. Maybe throw in Cincinnati or Illinois or Northwestern occasionally.

My other idea is to have 3 divisions for the Big Ten with UCLA and USC on board but have 4 spots for the Big Ten championship. 3 spots go to first 2 divisions, but the winner of the 3rd division gets the 4th spot:

Div.A
OSU
Penn State
USC
Michigan St.
Nebraska

Div.B
Michigan
Wisconsin
UCLA
Iowa
Purdue

Div.C
Indiana
Rutgers
Maryland
Illinois
Northwestern
Minnesota

Conference-USA-Logo-2001.png

That’s the real fit.

University of Indianapolis
Butler
Evansville
Ball State
Western Kentucky
Western Michigan
Notre Dame
Wabash
ISU
Southern Illinois
Northern Iowa
Purdue

Keep it mostly in state. Maybe throw in Cincinnati or Illinois or Northwestern occasionally.
Big Ten has never been and I doubt will ever be a conference with teams who are not football members. Reason is simple, football pays the bills and represents far more than 50% of all athletic department revenues. You drop out in football and kiss the big buck goodbye. You think you are going to be able to field a team that plays teams from Division II and Division III and also plays Notre Dame and Purdue? Never happen. you better do so,e research and you will see membership in the Big Ten has great financial benefits, but also imposes expensive requirements.

My other idea is to have 3 divisions for the Big Ten with UCLA and USC on board but have 4 spots for the Big Ten championship. 3 spots go to first 2 divisions, but the winner of the 3rd division gets the 4th spot:

Div.A
OSU
Penn State
USC
Michigan St.
Nebraska

Div.B
Michigan
Wisconsin
UCLA
Iowa
Purdue

Div.C
Indiana
Rutgers
Maryland
Illinois
Northwestern
Minnesota
I recommend giving all members of Div 3 a participation trophy

Big Ten has never been and I doubt will ever be a conference with teams who are not football members. Reason is simple, football pays the bills and represents far more than 50% of all athletic department revenues. You drop out in football and kiss the big buck goodbye. You think you are going to be able to field a team that plays teams from Division II and Division III and also plays Notre Dame and Purdue? Never happen. you better do so,e research and you will see membership in the Big Ten has great financial benefits, but also imposes expensive requirements.
You need to invest in a sarcasm detector.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT