ADVERTISEMENT

Reality Tuesday

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
The Cignetti Plan worked. So far.

Cig brought in a core team and an intact staff. He recruited experience and proven production that had been demonstrated against comparable talent in their leagues. Didn’t shoot for unhappy, non-playing 4-star and 5-star “generational talents” in the minds of their hometowners who chose to ride the Headline Waves to the bench at a “name” school.

This “execution over mind games” built his team quickly into one that could beat a CUSA team solidly, then stomp a defenseless 1AA team.

In our first test against what should have been a team with “better talent,” we still avoided the “mind games” and stomped the heck out of Mind Central in MindGameWood. We were prepared. They were not. Still.

We executed at an incredibly high level and whipped a mediocre, poorly-prepared team in our league opener.

Now we face jet lag and a short week in soft beds for a noon kickoff on a hot day against an AAC team that has not yet played to an AAC standard. They lost to a weakened JMU team, then played pretty well against a rebuilding UNC. We won’t fool them - only UCLA took that bait. I think they have less talent than UCLA.

TCB Saturday. Get to 4-0. Don’t listen to The Rat Poison Sales Team.

Beat Charlotte. Build a small statement-making fan-friendly game-changing dome for the New Pro College Football Era. Oops.

Anybody that watched the first game saw a different IU. I have no idea how many games we will win this year, but this is what a well coached team looks like, and seeing the difference a smart/mature QB can make. That is a pretty dangerous combo.

E.g. UCLA loaded the box with everybody, and we "simply" threw it over them. I looked at my wife, and said "for the last 15 years we would have tried to run thru them". AND THEY MADE IT LOOK EASY.

The schedule, coaching, QB all are lining up for what could be a fun season. I am going to just enjoy how it unfolds. They better pay CCC after this season, he is legit.

Anybody that watched the first game saw a different IU. I have no idea how many games we will win this year, but this is what a well coached team looks like, and seeing the difference a smart/mature QB can make. That is a pretty dangerous combo.

E.g. UCLA loaded the box with everybody, and we "simply" threw it over them. I looked at my wife, and said "for the last 15 years we would have tried to run thru them". AND THEY MADE IT LOOK EASY.

The schedule, coaching, QB all are lining up for what could be a fun season. I am going to just enjoy how it unfolds. They better pay CCC after this season, he is legit.
Excellent. (PS. I dare say DeBoer would have thrown over them too).

Last edited:
The Cignetti Plan worked. So far.

Cig brought in a core team and an intact staff. He recruited experience and proven production that had been demonstrated against comparable talent in their leagues. Didn’t shoot for unhappy, non-playing 4-star and 5-star “generational talents” in the minds of their hometowners who chose to ride the Headline Waves to the bench at a “name” school.

This “execution over mind games” built his team quickly into one that could beat a CUSA team solidly, then stomp a defenseless 1AA team.

In our first test against what should have been a team with “better talent,” we still avoided the “mind games” and stomped the heck out of Mind Central in MindGameWood. We were prepared. They were not. Still.

We executed at an incredibly high level and whipped a mediocre, poorly-prepared team in our league opener.

Now we face jet lag and a short week in soft beds for a noon kickoff on a hot day against an AAC team that has not yet played to an AAC standard. They lost to a weakened JMU team, then played pretty well against a rebuilding UNC. We won’t fool them - only UCLA took that bait. I think they have less talent than UCLA.

TCB Saturday. Get to 4-0. Don’t listen to The Rat Poison Sales Team.

Beat Charlotte. Build a small statement-making fan-friendly game-changing dome for the New Pro College Football Era. Oops.
Cogent perspectives are most appreciated. Baby, you ain’t won anything yet (sing to “you ain’t seen nothing yet).

And yes, it’s even more interesting that JMU seems to be fine without the 13 starters that followed their pied piper here. This last year of COVD+ was most timely, as many would be out of eligibility without it.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT