ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Epps charged

DANC

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Really? After over 2 1/2 years, NOW he's charged? With a misdemeanor, when people who weren't even there are being locked up for years?

This is like Hunter being charged and then claiming there is no 2-tier system of justice in the US. Now the DoJ can say "See, we charged Ray Epps. Go home - nothing to see here".

This DoJ is a total clown show.

Really? After over 2 1/2 years, NOW he's charged? With a misdemeanor, when people who weren't even there are being locked up for years?

This is like Hunter being charged and then claiming there is no 2-tier system of justice in the US. Now the DoJ can say "See, we charged Ray Epps. Go home - nothing to see here".

Who’s Ray Epps and what did he do?

DWS

If you think he’s with the FBI, you shouldn’t vote.
I don't think he is FBI, I don't know if he is/was an informant.

It isn't like the FBI doesn't use informants to try and create extremists they can prosecute. They had a pretty high profile example of that blow up in their faces in Michigan (again) just last week. So it isn't like a guy like Epps couldn't have been an asset.

I don't think he is FBI, I don't know if he is/was an informant.

It isn't like the FBI doesn't use informants to try and create extremists they can prosecute. They had a pretty high profile example of that blow up in their faces in Michigan (again) just last week. So it isn't like a guy like Epps couldn't have been an asset.
Epps was a Trumpster. Other Trumpsters ruined his life with a ridiculous conspiracy theory. It’s pretty simple and straightforward.

Epps was a Trumpster. Other Trumpsters ruined his life with a ridiculous conspiracy theory. It’s pretty simple and straightforward.
If Epps was just a Trumpster out there doing Trumpster things, wouldn't he be the reason his life ended up like it did?

I am not making a call on Epps one way or the other at the moment. The article I posted has a paragraph discussing Epps that isn't favorable to the "Epps is a fed" argument. They take your position. That being said, there are numerous cases listed in that article where the "conspiracy" about the FBI around certain defendants ended up being quite a bit closer to the truth than what the FBI was selling. And it took years before that truth came out. So I hedge my bets on Epps.

That being said, if Epps is just a looney Trumpster, nobody forced him to tell people to go to Congress. Nobody told him to be up front when the first line of defense was breached after he had been making his statements the night before and the day of. Individual responsibility right? Screw Ray Epps. Either way he was one of the most vociferous people (caught on video) calling for exactly what happened that day. That dude ruined his own life.

• Angry
Reactions: DANC
I don’t know what he is but this pathetic woman and a friend received quick and different justice than Epps did.

So I hope these people also get 14 days each.

If Epps was just a Trumpster out there doing Trumpster things, wouldn't he be the reason his life ended up like it did?

I am not making a call on Epps one way or the other at the moment. The article I posted has a paragraph discussing Epps that isn't favorable to the "Epps is a fed" argument. They take your position. That being said, there are numerous cases listed in that article where the "conspiracy" about the FBI around certain defendants ended up being quite a bit closer to the truth than what the FBI was selling. And it took years before that truth came out. So I hedge my bets on Epps.

That being said, if Epps is just a looney Trumpster, nobody forced him to tell people to go to Congress. Nobody told him to be up front when the first line of defense was breached after he had been making his statements the night before and the day off. Individual responsibility right? Screw Ray Epps. Either way he was one of the most vociferous people (caught on video) calling for exactly what happened that day. That dude ruined his own life.
They don’t charge informants. He is/was a Trumpster and I don’t have much sympathy for them in general. However, his fellow Trumpsters turned on him based on nothing. That’s not right, but there’s a lot not right with Trumpsters.

That being said, if Epps is just a looney Trumpster, nobody forced him to tell people to go to Congress. Nobody told him to be up front when the first line of defense was breached after he had been making his statements the night before and the day of. Individual responsibility right? Screw Ray Epps. Either way he was one of the most vociferous people (caught on video) calling for exactly what happened that day. That dude ruined his own life.
Exactly. I don't give a shit whether Epps is an FBI informant/inciter or not. But he was actively encouraging people to "go INTO the Capitol" and was at the riot.

Others are doing very hard time, at least, for doing less - walking around inside the Capitol or milling around.

A clear double standard, and anyone can see it plainly. I don't get the defense of Epps from the libs on here. Wouldn't they want him locked up, like they do all the others? Wasn't he threatening 'democracy' as much as anyone else who was convicted?

Exactly. I don't give a shit whether Epps is an FBI informant/inciter or not. But he was actively encouraging people to "go INTO the Capitol" and was at the riot.

Others are doing very hard time, at least, for doing less - walking around inside the Capitol or milling around.

A clear double standard, and anyone can see it plainly. I don't get the defense of Epps from the libs on here. Wouldn't they want him locked up, like they do all the others? Wasn't he threatening 'democracy' as much as anyone else who was convicted?
Exxxxxactly!

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU

Two hopeless poor women from Green County Indiana had the hell scared out them and spent time in prison. Epps has walked. It makes no sense.

They don’t charge informants. He is/was a Trumpster and I don’t have much sympathy for them in general. However, his fellow Trumpsters turned on him based on nothing. That’s not right, but there’s a lot not right with Trumpsters.
They do charge informants. Sammy The Bull Gravano was an informant and he was charged. He just got other issues reduced to cooperate. That doesn't mean Epps was an informant but it doesn't mean he wasn't either.

I am not a Trumpster. The FBI has some issues. FBI members have said they have issues (like flying a 15 year old out to Las Vegas to inform on drug dealers...in the article I posted). The problem is you can't really take them at their word anymore because they lie. So Epps may totally not be an informant but I am not just taking that at face value because the FBI said so. The FBI is more than happy to lie their ass off to protect the FBI, which is the most important thing to them.

So I say, sure, I can see how this is a mistake but I will wait the 5 or so years you need to wait for ALL the truth to come out about particular events because inevitably there is going to be stuff that doesn't paint the FBI in a favorable light that will come out about Jan. 6th. That may or may not involve Epps, who knows.

They do charge informants. Sammy The Bull Gravano was an informant and he was charged. He just got other issues reduced to cooperate. That doesn't mean Epps was an informant but it doesn't mean he wasn't either.

I am not a Trumpster. The FBI has some issues. FBI members have said they have issues (like flying a 15 year old out to Las Vegas to inform on drug dealers...in the article I posted). The problem is you can't really take them at their word anymore because they lie. So Epps may totally not be an informant but I am not just taking that at face value because the FBI said so. The FBI is more than happy to lie their ass off to protect the FBI, which is the most important thing to them.

So I say, sure, I can see how this is a mistake but I will wait the 5 or so years you need to wait for ALL the truth to come out about particular events because inevitably there is going to be stuff that doesn't paint the FBI in a favorable light that will come out about Jan. 6th. That may or may not involve Epps, who knows.
i have a buddy from high school who was running drugs with sammy the bull's kid. but guess what. he didn't rat nobody. they got busted and he took all the rap. he didn't want beef with that family. ended up in the fed pen in calif. he could punch like a donkey could kick. ended up befriending cholos and did just fine. installs kitchens here now. but when he goes to vegas he still gets the royal treatment. spend time with all that. that's the real deal

• Wow

No one is defending Epps. They are just making fun of conspiracy theorists.

Where are liberals defending Epps? Saying he is not an FBI informant and that the conspiracy is ridiculous is not the same as defending. It's just stating facts.

There's not much Garland actually knows what's going on in his DoJ, if you listened to his hearing today.

It's all Weiss' responsibility and Garland has no responsibility or knowledge of anything.

When asked why he appointed Weiss as Special Counsel for Hunter after he'd already let the time lapse on 2 years of Hunter's tax cheating, he said he did so for 'continuity'. Now that's the funniest damn thing I've ever heard - continuity to not charge Hunter for anything that could being in his dad into it?

Impeach that SOB yesterday - he's crooked as hell.

Where are liberals defending Epps? Saying he is not an FBI informant and that the conspiracy is ridiculous is not the same as defending. It's just stating facts.
Claiming he's not an FBI informant when you don't know that is defending him.

Where are you calling for his imprisonment?

He wasn’t an informant. He was arrested and flipped to turn state’s evidence. Probably had a lot to do with several murders he allegedly committed. Plus Gotti pissed him off when he heard recordings of Gotti disparaging him. At least if the documentary is correct.

the difference is between "what you say" and "what you do".

how is it you couldn't figure that out???

Tell that to the leader of the Oath Keepers who was convicted and got 18 years, even though he wasn't at the Capitol.

How about you figure out you're a nutter.

the difference is between "what you say" and "what you do".

how is it you couldn't figure that out???

the Oath Keepers' leader did a lot more than just say things.

again, how is it you couldn't figure that out on your own.

piss poor job of picking your battles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT