ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings

63 overall, 13th in Big Ten (doesn't include new teams)

62 overall, 16th in Big Ten

It would have been underwhelming except two things - one, first year scramble with little time just trying to salvage a class, any class; and two, clearly targeted needs and got some good ones in that very short time, including guys they already coached.

If we're 16th and 62nd very often we'll be in trouble. But that ain't gonna happen.

Feels like a decent or at least moderate win.

On 24/7, in the B1G, we are 16th in recruits, 8th in xfers, 13th overall (which I think means recruits and xfers).

Maybe I am reading that wrong not sure.

If that is right, that’s not bad. Good xfer class and not much can be expected on recruits with LEO falling off and CCC having limited time.

It would have been underwhelming except two things - one, first year scramble with little time just trying to salvage a class, any class; and two, clearly targeted needs and got some good ones in that very short time, including guys they already coached.

If we're 16th and 62nd very often we'll be in trouble. But that ain't gonna happen.

Feels like a decent or at least moderate win.

Also added a lot in transfer portal which doesn't show up in these rankings.

One of CKWs worst classes, if you look at on field production in hindsight, was his only “top 40” class.
I think that was the class where Wilson landed a bunch of 4* kids from Indy. Darius Latham and Antonio Allen were productive for a year or two but the others flopped. Allen was eventually jailed and Latham played NFL ball for a few years.

I think that was the class where Wilson landed a bunch of 4* kids from Indy. Darius Latham and Antonio Allen were productive for a year or two but the others flopped. Allen was eventually jailed and Latham played NFL ball for a few years.
One WR never made it to campus. Kenney didn’t play and transferred. The rumor about DL was that his leaving early for the NFL was not his choice. Rough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT