ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking Tom Allen's Assistants

jlasson

Freshman
Jun 24, 2021
Self Explanatory, who does CTA need to give a raise and who does he need to get rid of.

I'll go first. These are just my opinion, if you disagree that's fine, but I'd like to here other people's thoughts.

N/A. Walt Bell

1. DMC
2. Brandon Shelby
3. Kevin Wright
4. Jason Jones
5. Kasey Teegardin
6. Grant Heard
7. Charlton Warren
8. Kevin Peoples
MASSIVE GAP
9. Darren Hiller

I'd move Heard down to 8. Last year we had Whop and managed to get more than our share of the 50/50 balls. This year no Whop, no-one can get separation and we didn't get our share of the jump balls. I'd rather have fast than tall.

Well, fast AND tall would be nice. :)

I agree with your top 4, but let's be honest, if DMac hadn't come from KC and wasn't bringing in two sons who are high recruits, people would rightfully be freaking out about how bad the running game was and how many running backs transferred out. He's gotten a free pass, and I'm not sure he deserves it.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and td75
I agree with your top 4, but let's be honest, if DMac hadn't come from KC and wasn't bringing in two sons who are high recruits, people would rightfully be freaking out about how bad the running game was and how many running backs transferred out. He's gotten a free pass, and I'm not sure he deserves it.
Agreed. He hasn't really shown much, but he's #1? No way.

Until Coach MAC had a full year to get his own recruits in how could we judge him for last year. By the way HE did bring in Carr too. He has now delivered Shivers and the OH TB coming in, and maybe kid front Louisiana?

And then yes, also helping land all 3 sons is real value too. Especially since he son Dasan is trying to help recruit others too. I don’t get the criticism of him at all.

Self Explanatory, who does CTA need to give a raise and who does he need to get rid of.

I'll go first. These are just my opinion, if you disagree that's fine, but I'd like to here other people's thoughts.

N/A. Walt Bell

1. DMC
2. Brandon Shelby
3. Kevin Wright
4. Jason Jones
5. Kasey Teegardin
6. Grant Heard
7. Charlton Warren
8. Kevin Peoples
MASSIVE GAP
9. Darren Hiller
First, I’d put Coach T from 5 to 8. Out special teams were dogmeat this season and cost us a few games (Cinci for sure). We don’t return kicks or punts. I’d rather have a legit, STC only in that role.

And I think Warren needs another year before he is judged properly as well.
No arguments on Hiller.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
DMC is my number 1 because his running backs were working in front of a dysfunctional O-line this season, and he's been phenomenal everywhere he's been, including his stint at IU that saw three running backs make NFL rosters, and two who are still the NFL. I'm also giving him a pass on the transfers because none of them were his guys and he is the type of coach who really needs to be able to recruit his players for them to buy in to his style when it comes to PT, at least that's my guess as to why Sampson left. I don't blame DMC at all for Tim leaving, he deserved to get benched after fumbling at costly moments in back to back games. Tim just wasn't talented enough for me to care about him leaving, if he were a 4 or 5 star, I would've been a little more annoyed with DMC but it's not like he let Alvin Kamara walk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT