ADVERTISEMENT

Ranked 4th in Lindy's Preseason

I absolutely think there's a chance we're in the Top 100 in adjusted defense this coming season. It's not outlandish to think we will be. I get he likes to say things, but it doesn't discredit what I've heard, either. We've got options this year, more so than last year. So yes, I do think he's wrong assuming my statement is wrong and we WON'T go with 2 guards, two wings and Bryant down low.

always a chance. throw out his first two years at IU and we've averaged a 75 rank under coach. 75. let that sink in.

always a chance. throw out his first two years at IU and we've averaged a 75 rank under coach. 75. let that sink in.
Do you have a point here? I think it's very clear Crean is a much better offensive coach than he is defensive. Do you want a cookie for pointing that out?

Do you have a point here? I think it's very clear Crean is a much better offensive coach than he is defensive. Do you want a cookie for pointing that out?

was replying to you.

"I absolutely think there's a chance we're in the Top 100 in adjusted defense this coming season."

you aren't very good at this. lol

was replying to you.

"I absolutely think there's a chance we're in the Top 100 in adjusted defense this coming season."

you aren't very good at this. lol
Lol, no I got it. I just know that there wasn't much of a point with your comment. So Crean's average excluding the first two years is 75th? Awesome. Thanks for pointing that out. Again, do you want a cookie? Maybe a pat on the back?

Defensively last year was an outlier, even for Crean. Perea, Holt and Hartman weren't what we need (or any B10 team needs) in the paint. If it's that hard for you to see that, well, then maybe you should either give up watching basketball or watch more so hopefully you can get a better understanding. Just because Perea was ranked 50th coming out of high school, doesn't mean he's automatically going to turn into some stud. Not to mention all of the games he missed clearly set him back. Either way,

You actually proved that you don't know too much about the team with this post. Thanks for that. Now I don't have to reply to you anymore.

I guess we will see.

My bet is you see yogi, jbj, rj, troy, and bryant for the vast majority of game time.

Why i

ICGAFF. When you can retain a handle for any reasonable length of time on this forum, let us all know. As usual, you expose yourself with your douchebag ways. It's tiring. Really. I'm actually surprised that someone with a life as miserable as yours must be, hasn't swallowed a bullet yet. We, along with anyone who knows you in real life, will have to continue to dream of that day.
You're way out of line . . . I'll let someone else deal with you.

Lol, no I got it. I just know that there wasn't much of a point with your comment. So Crean's average excluding the first two years is 75th? Awesome. Thanks for pointing that out. Again, do you want a cookie? Maybe a pat on the back?

Defensively last year was an outlier, even for Crean. Perea, Holt and Hartman weren't what we need (or any B10 team needs) in the paint. If it's that hard for you to see that, well, then maybe you should either give up watching basketball or watch more so hopefully you can get a better understanding. Just because Perea was ranked 50th coming out of high school, doesn't mean he's automatically going to turn into some stud. Not to mention all of the games he missed clearly set him back. Either way,

oh god. it was the recruiting gurus fault on hanner. did crean watch him? try to coach him? i think he did. didn't work.

outlier?...sure...sub 200 is exceptionally baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. but 75 is simply god awful. makes him one of the worst defensive coach in all the power leagues.

i don't hate crean but i'm pretty objective about his shortcomings. it seems like when he fails, which is pretty often considering salary, budget, program expectations, some apologist is there to rationalize it.
  • 4 classes just haven't panned out; rankings suck; bad luck happens
  • kids get homesick
  • kids like to party
  • kids have to want to play D
  • kids have to want to feed the post
unfortunately scoreboard don't care about all that. lol

Why? How many times has Tom Crean finished higher than 5th in the B10? Let me help you.... once.

Lets take 2011-2012 as an example.

Zeller, Watford, Oladipo. Hulls, Sheehey, Abell, Elston... to go along with seniors VJ3, Matt Roth, and Pritchard.

That team...finished 5th. Now, why is this years team so much more talented than that team?
You're missing the point. The continual lowered expectations are the point. So let's RAISE expectations. Otherwise it's the continual acceptance of mediocrity because "hey, we thought they'd finish in 5th but they ended up in 4th, so they did better". Is there really any reason this team should finish outside the Top 3 and make it to the Elite 8, MINIMUM based upon the talent, other than the fact that their coach is at best mediocre? That's the point.

Way out of line? i want nothing but sunshine and happiness for you but you're more than a little challenged when it comes to self fulfillment. I'm merely expressing surprise (much like you in your original flaming post) that that hasn't happened yet. I added that I'm sure that others dream with me of that day when your restless and angry soul can be set free. You're just looking at it wrong.
You want to be a dirtbag and start stuff and then get your panties in a wad about it. Sack up.
Did you fall on your head again, Dug? It's probably your best excuse at this point.

Your best excuse is that you're a coward who hides behind your ever changing handles and dishes out snark but can't take it when there's push back. Sack up, sad sack, Nancyboy.
You get dumber and dumber with every post, and that's saying something. No wonder people on this board push you around so much. Now, head on back to the kiddie table. You don't belong here with the grown ups.

Sure they do, Nancy. Such as????? Nah, forget it. I'll just ignore you like everyone else on here and those that know you in the real world.
Get a helmet, Dug. It might help, though it won't prevent you from being pushed around by the OTFers that you so desperately try to run with. Please go back there. This is a hoops board. You have no purpose here.

Yeah......right. Nearly everybody has a backcourt. Keep drinking the kool aid, ufo.
I'm sure that "4th" means 4th in the Big Ten and that's probably too high.
Why don't you you just stay on the football board and discuss the football team that will probably finish 12th or 13th in the conference. You seem to make fun of the basketball team for finishing 5th but you still back the football team that has not won the conference in my 45 years on this earth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT