ADVERTISEMENT

Race Thompson as a Senior.

Will be All Big Ten. He looks like that guy that you find at places like Minnesota, Iowa, Ohio State, Purdue. That Senior that is just a load in the paint. That’s Race.

The guy I keep thinking of is Roger Powell. The year the Illini went 37-2, it was understandable that Dee Brown, Deron Williams, and Luther Head got the most attention.

But every time I watched that team play — and they were fantastic — I always came away thinking that Powell was one of the most critical keys to their success. He didn’t put up the kind of offensive stats those other guys did, but he did so many things to make the team better. He was tough as nails, didn’t make a lot of mistakes, and affected most possessions on both sides of the floor.

Got a little bit of Morgan in him. Hopefully he can develop close to that level of game, but love his heart.

He actually makes me wonder if Juwan Morgan and Zach McRoberts had a love child....it would be Race.

He's not as athletic as Morgan but he's much more athletic and physical than Zach.

He's not as good of an offensive player as Morgan but he's got some Morgan old man game.

He's not as disruptive as Zach but he's pretty damn disruptive.

He doesn't hustle as much as Zach but, he's hustles, fights and can take a punch.

Again McRoberts < Race < Morgan.

He actually makes me wonder if Juwan Morgan and Zach McRoberts had a love child....it would be Race.

He's not as athletic as Morgan but he's much more athletic and physical than Zach.

He's not as good of an offensive player as Morgan but he's got some Morgan old man game.

He's not as disruptive as Zach but he's pretty damn disruptive.

He doesn't hustle as much as Zach but, he's hustles, fights and can take a punch.

Again McRoberts < Race < Morgan.

I think he might be your love child:)

Will be All Big Ten. He looks like that guy that you find at places like Minnesota, Iowa, Ohio State, Purdue. That Senior that is just a load in the paint. That’s Race.
Come again? Race Thompson? I wouldn’t be surprised if he transfers to a smaller program where he can play more.

Come again? Race Thompson? I wouldn’t be surprised if he transfers to a smaller program where he can play more.
Haven’t you learned by now not to make predictions?

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

That's because you understand basketball at a 3rd grade level, son.
You're a basketball moron, you should post less.
Nice job doubling down on your moronic post from Monday...

Davis had one good career game and Thompson is horrendous. Absolutely awful. Brunk is by far the best of those 3 although none are good options.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I’m feeling a lot better about our current team and the next few years.

And Race is a big reason why.

The guy I keep thinking of is Roger Powell. The year the Illini went 37-2, it was understandable that Dee Brown, Deron Williams, and Luther Head got the most attention.

But every time I watched that team play — and they were fantastic — I always came away thinking that Powell was one of the most critical keys to their success. He didn’t put up the kind of offensive stats those other guys did, but he did so many things to make the team better. He was tough as nails, didn’t make a lot of mistakes, and affected most possessions on both sides of the floor.
With a little more O development, reminds me of Daryl Thomas

Do you know how basic statistics work? If he didn’t play in a game, that’s not included in minutes PER GAME there genius.
I didn’t know that missed games were not included in that stat. Regardless, his injury likely gave Archie caution to work him in slowly. He has had several injuries since joining the team.

The buffoon here is the one ignoring that in 3 of the last 4 Games Race has averaged 20+ minutes, 9 pts. and six boards. And played outstanding defense. Dolt.
I came here to say the same. His minutes the last 4 games: 24, 11, 25, 21 which averages to 20 mpg.

IU's record for those 4 games is 3-1. The lone loss is the game at Michigan in which Thompson played only 11 minutes.

I would also point out that he would have played more minutes if his conditioning was better. That can probably be contributed, at least partially, to the injury earlier in the season. When he's in the game he gives it his all.

He's taken his play to another level during the season. His improvement is reflected in his recent mpg. He is also helping the team as they, as a whole, look better when he's in the game. Also, in those 4 games he's averaging 6.75 ppg and 4.75 rpg, both of which are improvements over his season totals and also hurt by his performance against UM (0 points, 1 rebound). So he hasn't completely turned the corner by finding consistency, but his recent play is much improved.

I think at this time projecting him as All Big Ten is hyperbolic but feepaw is taking his rebuttal goes to the other extreme, as usual.

I came here to say the same. His minutes the last 4 games: 24, 11, 25, 21 which averages to 20 mpg.

IU's record for those 4 games is 3-1. The lone loss is the game at Michigan in which Thompson played only 11 minutes.

I would also point out that he would have played more minutes if his conditioning was better. That can probably be contributed, at least partially, to the injury earlier in the season. When he's in the game he gives it his all.

He's taken his play to another level during the season. His improvement is reflected in his recent mpg. He is also helping the team as they, as a whole, look better when he's in the game. Also, in those 4 games he's averaging 6.75 ppg and 4.75 rpg, both of which are improvements over his season totals and also hurt by his performance against UM (0 points, 1 rebound). So he hasn't completely turned the corner by finding consistency, but his recent play is much improved.

I think at this time projecting him as All Big Ten is hyperbolic but feepaw is taking his rebuttal goes to the other extreme, as usual.
He is also becoming a lock down defender. Him and Justin have really been playing great D.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT