ADVERTISEMENT

QB - season ending injuries ??

jacksback

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
Here is a question for one of you stat junkies out there. What are the chances that you lose your starting QB or even your backup to a season ending injury?

This has happened to us every year for what....the past 4 or 5 seasons??

2022 Tuttle was backup but he was very close to being our starter
2021 Tuttle lost for the season
2020 Penix
2019 Penix
2018 Penix

I am going strictly by my oftentimes bad memory on this so please correct my info if necessary.

Although I wouldn't blame Penix' injuries on our line - I don't think any of them had anything to do with that - I'd say odds go up when you don't protect your QB.

Penix had his left shoulder separated last season vs. Penn State. Did he ever play again for IU? If not, that's another season-ending injury.

Although I wouldn't blame Penix' injuries on our line - I don't think any of them had anything to do with that - I'd say odds go up when you don't protect your QB.
All I can think of when I look at this thread is the scene in Little Giants where the kid asks why they have their names on their uniforms - and the other kid says so they can identify their bodies in the morgue. It's probably good that Fred Glass reversed his position on the issue. We might have multiple quarterbacks who have to be identified tomorrow night.

Here is a question for one of you stat junkies out there. What are the chances that you lose your starting QB or even your backup to a season ending injury?

This has happened to us every year for what....the past 4 or 5 seasons??

2022 Tuttle was backup but he was very close to being our starter
2021 Tuttle lost for the season
2020 Penix
2019 Penix
2018 Penix

I am going strictly by my oftentimes bad memory on this so please correct my info if necessary.
If you only consider one guy per year the starter, then it was Penix in 19, 20, and 21 and that's it.

Ramsey was the starter in 18 if I remember correctly. Penix did suffer a season ender that year too, but he wasn't really the starter. He was getting a couple series per game.

Baz is the starter this year. He started the first game and the most games.

Reactions: TMFT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT