ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue

Good definition of Purdue in the NCAA's. This is how their "big years" always end up. I normally just pencil them out in brackets: it is a good rule of thumb. However, I gave them a shot last year and had them winning a couple of games: never again.

I kind of agree with that but let me say this. Hasn't your own fan base done the same the last few years. And both fan bases have called for their coaches head. It's just Iu fans more this season because of the struggles of a depleted team.
Mooooooooooooooooooooo!

Mooooooooooooooooooooo!

57550482.jpg

Reactions: tjreese
May be giving too much credit, but I took the "Schwanigan" to be a play on words from Biggie's "ice cream " reference in all his national interviews...
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
fonziejumpsshark3sl.gif

Come on TMP your better this.This is the type of comments that show the immaturity on this board.

Very true, negro. These guys with their clownish mooning is very disconcerting, embarrassing, and interrupts the flow of good basketball talk.

I'm going Purdue 84- 78. IU falls down fast, hits a flurry of second half threes to make it respectful, but I see Purdue winning this one. Better team.

Playing IU is a bigger deal than playing the defending national champs at home? Lol good one courtsense.
I'm a Purdue fan and the IU game is definitely more important. IU and Purdue fans live by each other, work at the same place, and the schools recruit the same kids (mostly)...

Chanting "IU Sucks" and determining whether IU is the biggest game on the schedule are two different things.

No, no its not..If IU is the first thing on your mind..No matter who you play. In your minds. We are always the biggest game.

A lot of what you say here is correct ACCEPT... IU hasn't had that kind of winning ways for 30+ years. So I'd have to say that IU could be at the level of those schools again, but it's going to take some work. Obviously much more easily done than at a Purdue or other schools of similar level, but it's not like IU is going to get a coach and magically compete with all of those schools immediately. Maybe it's possible, but I think it's easier said than done.
a commitment to the expectations = making the homerun hire at IU. If that happens, IU returns to its "rightful" place.

30+ years? I think your math is waaaaay off. Also the word you are looking for is "except".

I know being a Purdue fan you'll never understand, or ACCEPT(proper use here) how good of a job Indiana is. And with the right hire, i.e. Stevens, Miller or a Donovan, Indiana would become a monster. And yes, it would be immediate. Especially if one of the three above were named HC.
LOL sorry for the typo. Yes 30+ years since a banner be flying. Where am I wrong?

Actually it is not 30+ years since we won in 1987 which is 30 years form this March.
I wasn't trying to be snarky in my original post. But some people want to get technical on some minor details. Remove the +... there you go, now it's accurate. Sheesh.

I wasn't trying to be snarky in my original post. But some people want to get technical on some minor details. Remove the +... there you go, not it's accurate. Sheesh.
understood....if the conversation gets snarky...then we naturally move into the Natty comparison conversation.....so probably best not to get snarky....don't you agree?

understood....if the conversation gets snarky...then we naturally move into the Natty comparison conversation.....so probably best not to get snarky....don't you agree?
Look, I have no delusions of what my team is. Will Purdue ever catch IU in titles? Most likely not in my lifetime, probably not even in my kids (they're 4 and 2), if ever. Things can change, but it's a HUGE hill to climb. With that said, yes, IU will always be one of the biggest games on the schedule, but it's not what Courtsensetwo always makes it out to be. His depiction is accurate for the students and perhaps the team (although definitely not to the degree he loves to make it). The typical fan would love to beat IU every single time, but in years like this one, I'd take us beating Villanova and losing at IU in a heartbeat.

Here's my take on the game. I think it's going to be uncomfortably close. IU is always pumped when Purdue comes into town. No matter how bad IU is that year (not saying IU is bad this year, I was just referencing the years when Purdue had the baby boilers and IU was pretty depleted of talent) and how good PU is, IU pretty much always plays very well. Blackmon is coming back which should give an emotional bump as well. One issue IU has had are turnovers, however Purdue has not been a team that creates many turnovers, and have been turning the ball over a lot themselves. That favors IU. To me, this is the toughest game remaining on Purdue's regular season schedule. IF they can pull of the win, then I think winning out is very possible. I just have a feeling that this one will come down to the wire and could go either way. Purdue has been shooting the ball so well all season, they are due for a poor shooting night as well...

Any uninvested analyst would agree with what you as saying. We aren't talking about analysts we are talking about players fans and coaches who are highly invested personally and or professionally.
Beating IU and winning a "Purdue National Championship" is the biggest and baddest of all deals among the seed corn set. Stop pretending otherwise, I have been to that game in Mackey way too many times to try to fool me. Next.

So the IU fan who has been to so many games in Mackey is speaking of Purdue fans obsessed with IU......funny, LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT