sdhoosier

All-Big Ten
Dec 21, 2001
So Calif
Vegas thinks they have a shot:

Undefeated Purdue making noise in title futures
By ANDREW CALEY

Dec 14, 2015
Kentucky, Kansas and Duke are still the favorites to capture this season's national college hoops title, according to the Westgate LV Superbook, but this early in the season, there are plenty of teams in the mix.
North Carolina's odds dropped slightly from last week going from 8-1 to 10-1, joining current No. 1 ranked Michigan State.

Purdue is the latest team to join the contender's party, now at 12-1 to go along with Virginia, Maryland and Villanova.

Check out the complete list of odds below:

KENTUCKY 8-1
KANSAS 8-1
DUKE 8-1
NORTH CAROLINA 10-1
MICHIGAN ST 10-1
VIRGINIA 12-1
MARYLAND 12-1
VILLANOVA 12-1
PURDUE 12-1
OKLAHOMA 25-1
LOUISVILLE 25-1
ARIZONA 30-1
IOWA ST 30-1
GONZAGA 30-1
MIAMI FL 30-1
XAVIER 40-1
WICHITA ST 40-1
INDIANA 50-1

Reactions: mk_peters
I just can't see that happening. I haven't really watched them play this season, but c'mon, it's Purdue. They're often a decent Big Ten team but in tournament play they're just one bad matchup from going home.

Now in the past the notion of a Purdue title would make me a little sick, but I just wonder if Purdue winning a banner (while we finish 4th and bow out in the second round) would be just the thing to bring enough fan rage that Glass and Co would be forced to act.

But probably not.

By ANDREW CALEY

Dec 14, 2015
Kentucky, Kansas and Duke are still the favorites to capture this season's national college hoops title, according to the Westgate LV Superbook, but this early in the season, there are plenty of teams in the mix.
North Carolina's odds dropped slightly from last week going from 8-1 to 10-1, joining current No. 1 ranked Michigan State.

Purdue is the latest team to join the contender's party, now at 12-1 to go along with Virginia, Maryland and Villanova.

KENTUCKY 8-1
KANSAS 8-1
DUKE 8-1
NORTH CAROLINA 10-1
MICHIGAN ST 10-1
VIRGINIA 12-1
MARYLAND 12-1
VILLANOVA 12-1
PURDUE 12-1
OKLAHOMA 25-1
LOUISVILLE 25-1
ARIZONA 30-1
IOWA ST 30-1
GONZAGA 30-1
MIAMI FL 30-1
XAVIER 40-1
WICHITA ST 40-1
INDIANA 50-1

Indiana at 50:1. LOLOLOLOLOL!

By ANDREW CALEY

Dec 14, 2015

KENTUCKY 8-1
KANSAS 8-1
DUKE 8-1
NORTH CAROLINA 10-1
MICHIGAN ST 10-1
VIRGINIA 12-1
MARYLAND 12-1
VILLANOVA 12-1
PURDUE 12-1
OKLAHOMA 25-1
LOUISVILLE 25-1
ARIZONA 30-1
IOWA ST 30-1
GONZAGA 30-1
MIAMI FL 30-1
XAVIER 40-1
WICHITA ST 40-1
INDIANA 50-1

The 4 teams I've seen that I think can win it all:

Sparty
Kansas
UNC
Purdue

T

By ANDREW CALEY

Dec 14, 2015

KENTUCKY 8-1
KANSAS 8-1
DUKE 8-1
NORTH CAROLINA 10-1
MICHIGAN ST 10-1
VIRGINIA 12-1
MARYLAND 12-1
VILLANOVA 12-1
PURDUE 12-1
OKLAHOMA 25-1
LOUISVILLE 25-1
ARIZONA 30-1
IOWA ST 30-1
GONZAGA 30-1
MIAMI FL 30-1
XAVIER 40-1
WICHITA ST 40-1
INDIANA 50-1

They're Purdue. I'm convinced the'd screw it up and couldn't win the NCAA title game if the other team forfeited. The funny thing is, most of their fans feel that way too.

T

They're Purdue. I'm convinced the'd screw it up and couldn't win the NCAA title game if the other team forfeited. The funny thing is, most of their fans feel that way too.

I've watched Purdue a handful of times. I believe they have as good a shot as anyone right now.

Fkin Purdue.

GDI.

As much as I hate it, Purdue is very good this year. With that said, they won't win it all or make the final four because they have a culture of not doing so. Sweet 16 or Elite 8, yes...but final four, no

The 4 teams I've seen that I think can win it all:

Sparty
Kansas
UNC
Purdue

1. too dependant on one player.
2. need shooters.
3. same as above
4. though a really good overall passing team, still needs a PG.

5. you forgot Virginia.

Sweet, nobody can win.

You're the best.
There's no dominant teams this year, I seriously doubt more than one team out of those four will even be in the Final
Four. Not because there's better teams, but because the teams we're talking about in a general sense just aren't that good. It's not a year like last where you had five teams that obviously were better than others and had very few weaknesses. Every team this year has a major weakness

It's a weaker field than 13 or 14. There's 20 teams with legit chances. not because teams 5 through 20 are that good, but because no one in the top 20 is dominant. Picking this years finish and final four will be much like picking the Big order of finish, (past Wisconsin) last year. Wade through the vast mediocrity ...

Ha it's obvious that basketball is way down, Purdue is a legit top ten team. do you really think Purdue raised themselves to that standard or that the field dropped to Purdue's level of mediocrity?

There's no dominant teams this year, I seriously doubt more than one team out of those four will even be in the Final
Four. Not because there's better teams, but because the teams we're talking about in a general sense just aren't that good. It's not a year like last where you had five teams that obviously were better than others and had very few weaknesses. Every team this year has a major weakness

It's a weaker field than 13 or 14. There's 20 teams with legit chances. not because teams 5 through 20 are that good, but because no one in the top 20 is dominant. Picking this years finish and final four will be much like picking the Big order of finish, (past Wisconsin) last year. Wade through the vast mediocrity ...

Ha it's obvious that basketball is way down, Purdue is a legit top ten team. do you really think Purdue raised themselves to that standard or that the field dropped to Purdue's level of mediocrity?

I'm not saying it's not a down year......

Those are the four teams that are the most "complete", or are so comparatively strong in certain areas, based on what I've seen.

I can't believe the pUKe love...

I'm not saying it's not a down year......

Those are the four teams that are the most "complete", or are so comparatively strong in certain areas, based on what I've seen.

I can't believe the pUKe love...

But they have glaring holes in their game or roster that will be exposed by teams than can expose them. That's what I'm saying.

Purdue will get exposed for lack of guard play. Man they really pass the ball well though, not even sure they need one, and (Edit:) Thompson has actually given them good minutes. Their biggest statistical weakness, odd as it is, is Swanigan shooting too much. He actually costs them a couple points per game with his shooting. Haas is having monster year as far as efficiency, they need to get him more minutes and shots..

Last edited:

By ANDREW CALEY

Dec 14, 2015

KENTUCKY 8-1
KANSAS 8-1
DUKE 8-1
NORTH CAROLINA 10-1
MICHIGAN ST 10-1
VIRGINIA 12-1
MARYLAND 12-1
VILLANOVA 12-1
PURDUE 12-1
OKLAHOMA 25-1
LOUISVILLE 25-1
ARIZONA 30-1
IOWA ST 30-1
GONZAGA 30-1
MIAMI FL 30-1
XAVIER 40-1
WICHITA ST 40-1
INDIANA 50-1

Call me in Feb roo airy.
It's still football season

Reactions: crossfire74
But they have glaring holes in their game or roster that will be exposed by teams than can expose them. That's what I'm saying.

Purdue will get exposed for lack of guard play. Man they really pass the ball well though, not even sure they need one, and Jackson has actually given them good minutes. Their biggest statistical weakness, odd as it is, is Swanigan shooting too much. He actually costs them a couple points per game with his shooting. Haas is having monster year as far as efficiency, they need to get him more minutes and shots..

Jackson?

You mean Hill?

Reactions: mike41703
Okay
Kansas, UNC both suck dog balls imo. Can lose to anyone.

Okay rebooting. Ahhhhh .....

They can also beat anyone on a given night because there are no dominant or great teams this year. Hence why this year will be impossible to predict. Especially in mid Dec. Last year you could easily say something like Duke, UK, Wisc, Arizona... blah blah blah .. because those were "really good" teams and it was obvious. Just as obvious that there are no "really good" teams this year.

Man, I've had a total of 5 hours of sleep the last two nights and that was after hitting it hard this weekend. Just to function through the day I loaded up on caffeine. Still more functional than a race car driver but not much. Too wound up to crash, too tired to function. I'm gonna smoke myself into a fking stupor.

It's ok...

I was mentally retarded from Fri around 6 pm through Sun morning when I woke up.

Anyone in chat tonight? I haven't been on one since the infamous CTC to Alabama one last spring. Wondering what was said that has a couple premie members excited.

Anyone in chat tonight? I haven't been on one since the infamous CTC to Alabama one last spring. Wondering what was said that has a couple premie members excited.

I was in there for a half hour or so. It was the usual stuff. If there was anything to get excited about, I must have missed it.

It's Purdue, so no.

Porky is better then TTT, but he's still nothing special.

IU has watched bad coaching for so long that now Porkchop looks great.

I see Purdue losing in the 2nd round.

Reactions: OldChargey
T

huh...so what you're saying is that being a Purdue fan is similar to being a Cubs fan or a Bengals fan...

By ANDREW CALEY

Dec 14, 2015

KENTUCKY 8-1
KANSAS 8-1
DUKE 8-1
NORTH CAROLINA 10-1
MICHIGAN ST 10-1
VIRGINIA 12-1
MARYLAND 12-1
VILLANOVA 12-1
PURDUE 12-1
OKLAHOMA 25-1
LOUISVILLE 25-1
ARIZONA 30-1
IOWA ST 30-1
GONZAGA 30-1
MIAMI FL 30-1
XAVIER 40-1
WICHITA ST 40-1
INDIANA 50-1
TD;DR

Reactions: T.M.P.
They (PU) simply do not get enough deflections.
Neither do they play frantically enough.
-CTC

I just can't see that happening. I haven't really watched them play this season, but c'mon, it's Purdue. They're often a decent Big Ten team but in tournament play they're just one bad matchup from going home.

Now in the past the notion of a Purdue title would make me a little sick, but I just wonder if Purdue winning a banner (while we finish 4th and bow out in the second round) would be just the thing to bring enough fan rage that Glass and Co would be forced to act.

But probably not.
And they still have Painter.

But probably not.
I've seen a few PU games. They have a chance to be real good. Will they? I don't know. PU is like a high school team in a small town. They aren't good year in and year out,but every once in a while the stars align and they get a good mix of players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT