ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Loses Exhibition

YOTHN

All-American
Jun 20, 2014
Purdue lost at Creighton. Creighton is expected to be a top 25 team but a loss is a loss.

Reactions: 76-1
Purdue lost at Creighton. Creighton is expected to be a top 25 team but a loss is a loss.
Purdue lost last year to Arkansas on the road in an exhibition, and they did not even make the tournament. Creighton is good, have a lot of shooters, and AA big man. Purdue is super young, and to go on the road and compete is a positive. Purdue has some talent, Painter will get them there. Jackobson, Cox, Burgess and Harris are going to be very good! Purdue has the best guards in the conference.

Last edited:
Purdue lost last year to Arkansas on the road in an exhibition, and they did not even make the tournament. Creighton is good, have a lot of shooters, and AA big man. Purdue is super young, and to go on the road and compete is a positive. Purdue has some talent, Painter will get them there. Jackobson, Cox, Burgess and Harris are going to be very! Purdue has the best guards in the conference.
Or maybe it’s as simple as Creighton had the audacity to actually guard Smith, and Loyer and TKR?

Or maybe it’s as simple as Creighton had the audacity to actually guard Smith, and Loyer and TKR?
If they did, they didn’t do a good job as the three combined for over 70 points.

Also, painter did zero game planning for Creighton. Watched zero tape. Also ran out a lot of different lineups. He didn't cater to Creighton at all. He tinkered.

There was a lot to like. The center position was not one of them… (TKR was the 4) good news is they won’t see to many bigs as good as Kalkbrenner

I know this will fall on deaf ears but as written above, there was no attempt to gameplan... very obvious if one knows anything about basketball. Purdue played 11 guys in the first 8 minutes. There was no rotation to speak of the entire game. Creighton (like Arkansas last year) treated this as a game. Look... Purdue has a hole at the five. They have a ton of talent at the position but all need to find a role and get better.

Reactions: BoilerN
Purdue lost last year to Arkansas on the road in an exhibition, and they did not even make the tournament. Creighton is good, have a lot of shooters, and AA big man. Purdue is super young, and to go on the road and compete is a positive. Purdue has some talent, Painter will get them there. Jackobson, Cox, Burgess and Harris are going to be very! Purdue has the best guards in the conference.
You slobbering over Purdue is sickening.

Next time you should probably look at the box score! Smith and Loyer went 7 for 14 from three. Maybe you were thinking of IU guards. If IU guards get anywhere close (versus Tennessee) to what Loyer and Smith did on the road versus Creighton , IU might be able to compete.

I think whomever started this thread is the one obsessed - fair game to comment on a Purdue thread on this site I would argue - blame the poster
It was directed at one poster who is always over here trying to get IU fan approval.

Also, other teams are going to get discussed on an IUBB board.

It doesn't sound good if Porkchop played 11 players in 8 minutes and 3 players scored 70 points. Seems like in an exhibition you should have balanced scoring. Sounds like teams only need to stop one of those 3 to beat PU. That has been why I think they are not going to be really good.

Why do losers come here unless you are worried about what we will say about the Toiletmakers? IU may lose at Tennessee today or not. Either way, I won't run over to see what you idiots think.

I

It doesn't sound good if Porkchop played 11 players in 8 minutes and 3 players scored 70 points. Seems like in an exhibition you should have balanced scoring. Sounds like teams only need to stop one of those 3 to beat PU. That has been why I think they are not going to be really good.

Why do losers come here unless you are worried about what we will say about the Toiletmakers? IU may lose at Tennessee today or not. Either way, I won't run over to see what you idiots think.

I
It doesn’t sound bad. It sounds like Painter used the exhibition exactly what it should be used for. Experimentation and trying things you might not try in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT