ADVERTISEMENT

Punter Commit.

What's up with the recruits from the south pacific? How do you recruit those kids? Just off of video and stats?

The school he is coming out of specializes in punters for US colleges. Same place our current Punter Whitehead (only 1 year left) came from. MN just signed one from same school too. Love the investment of a great punter for five more years.

They get tape, talk all over phone & zoom and this school is the Harvard of punting for HS kids who all grew up playing Aussie rules FB which has a lot of kicking anyway.

Really good use of a scholarship. When was the last time any of us worried about the long snap/kicking/punting phase of the game? In other words, how surprised were all of us when Logan missed those kicks in the Bucket game & Gator Bowl?

We seem to have proven kickers do that in every big moment.

Reactions: vesuvius13
We seem to have proven kickers do that in every big moment.

I disagree. Justus only got the yips near the end of the season, he was money the first 9 or so games. I think our kicker next 3 yrs Campbell is going to be lights out, and our LS Wracher is one of best in country. Add the new Aussie kick school punter and Coach Allen has totally put his money where his mouth is in terms of special teams specialits/excellence.

I disagree. Justus only got the yips near the end of the season, he was money the first 9 or so games. I think our kicker next 3 yrs Campbell is going to be lights out, and our LS Wracher is one of best in country. Add the new Aussie kick school punter and Coach Allen has totally put his money where his mouth is in terms of special teams specialits/excellence.

As far as kickers go, I think IU has really put together a good track record since I can remember. The first IU kicker I remember is Andy Payne. Since then we've had Austin Starr, Mitch Ewald, Griffin Oakes, and Logan Justus. Pretty darn good run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT