ADVERTISEMENT

Pujols

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
As a Cubs fan, I just can't gather up any hate for Albert Pujols. Just seems like a great guy who can be an inspiration for so many young people. I wish he was a Cub.

As a Cubs fan, I just can't gather up any hate for Albert Pujols. Just seems like a great guy who can be an inspiration for so many young people. I wish he was a Cub.

He's one of the greatest ever. No doubt about it.

After seeing he hit 700, I got looking up baseball stats last night. Baseball trivia for you.
Without looking it up. What Cubs baseball player has the highest career batting average of all time? Assume at least 5,000 mlb career plate appearances and he didn’t play most of his career with the Cubs.

Last edited:
After seeing he hit 700, I got looking up baseball stats last night. Baseball trivia for you.
Without looking it up. What Cubs baseball player has the highest career batting average of all time? Assume at least 5,000 career plate appearances and he didn’t play most of his career with the Cubs.
Lou Brock

It’s to bad he wasted ten years with the black hole that is the Angels. One postseason appearance, zero wins.

He was my all time favorite player before he left.

It’s to bad he wasted ten years with the black hole that is the Angels. One postseason appearance, zero wins.

The guy you really have to feel for, if anyone can feel bad for someone making a gazillion dollars, is Mike Trout. It would be great if he could get with a good organization like the Braves (don’t tell Sope I ever said this) while his skills are still at their high levels.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978

Goat is a cubs fan. No wonder he’s such a miserable prick.

I’ve been a lifelong Cardinals fan. Bob Gibson is my all time favorite with Ozzie Smith and Albert close behind.

Albert has been a great mentor to the young Cardinal players all year.

September 3rd my GF and I went to the Cubs/Cardinals game. The first inning Albert crushed one. It just cleared the left field fence but the Cubs left fielder leaped and brought iback to rob Albert.

Reactions: bub-rub

I never understood him leaving. He was loved and treated great in St Louis. If you compared the additional state income tax and cost of living in California the offers were very close. By most accounts players love playing for St Louis

The money the Cardinals offered Albert might have set the Organization back years. They might not have the load of young talent they have now had they spent the money on Albert.

It has all worked out for the best.

Without looking it up. What Cubs baseball player has the highest career batting average of all time? Assume at least 5,000 mlb career plate appearances and he didn’t play most of his career with the Cubs.
Riggs Stephenson or Cap Anson?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT