ADVERTISEMENT

PU overrated at #17 in AP Top 25

Putdue has been playing well of late. Until IU plays better, IU won’t defeat Purdue in Bloomington.

They'll lose to Penn State and drop out, beginning a skid and leading to a loss at AH.

Take that to the bank!

It pains me to say it, but Purdue is playing really well and deserves the top 20 ranking. I don’t see them stumbling anytime soon. They have this thing called chemistry...something our Hoosiers are lacking. They may not make it far in the NCAA’s, and may lose one or two they shouldn’t, but you can say that about a lot of teams.

We are looking at our 3rd straight season without an NCAA bid and people are throwing shade on Purdue. Doesnt anybody believe in karma? They still may not make it past sweet 16 but who are we to make fun of that

People say Painter cannot make it past the sweet sixeteen,etc. Ok but we have not been past it either since 2002. We are not really in a position to be ripping on him given how pathetic we have been. Hopefully we can make an elite 8 again but I have no idea when.

Purdue doesnt have top talent but they have shooters, and play well as a team, and play tough, physical D. Purdue is not a threat to win a title when they run into a team with superior talent. But they play hard and they play smart. A poor man's Butler. They are playing good at home and possibly peaking right now.

It pains me to say it, but Purdue is playing really well and deserves the top 20 ranking. I don’t see them stumbling anytime soon. They have this thing called chemistry...something our Hoosiers are lacking. They may not make it far in the NCAA’s, and may lose one or two they shouldn’t, but you can say that about a lot of teams.
You forgot heart, pride, and mental toughness, things that IU hasn't had for years.

They'll lose to Penn State and drop out, beginning a skid and leading to a loss at AH.

Take that to the bank!

No reason to believe that team is going to fall apart. Lose one or two, sure. Shit, they may lose to Penn State as no road game is easy and the BJC is an awkward place to play when 25 people are in the crowd. But, their mental toughness alone will prevent any 5 or 6 game skids like we’re seeing.

I stand by my post. It's money.

tenor.gif

I wish we could be ranked #17th. He lost four of his five starters and is still light years better than us. It is pathetic.
Sad but true. I was laughed off this site this past summer when I said that Purdue would be a team to watch out for in the B1G because they had a bunch of gritty guys who could defend, and that their bigs could really defend the lane. I hate that they are so much better than IU right now. Watching them move the ball, screen and cut the other night against MSU reminded of us when we were really good. Man have times changed.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
I wish we could be ranked #17th. He lost four of his five starters and is still light years better than us. It is pathetic.
Sad but true. I was laughed off this site this past summer when I said that Purdue would be a team to watch out for in the B1G because they had a bunch of gritty guys who could defend, and that their bigs could really defend the lane. I hate that they are so much better than IU right now. Watching them move the ball, screen and cut the other night against MSU reminded of us when we were really good. Man have times changed.
If Painter were at IU with the recruiting advantage that he will never have at Purdue he would have multiple final fours. He probably would have your sixth banner by now. He is recruiting to Purdue which is much harder and still has them as a top 15-20 program.

Reactions: Brockway
Purdue has been a far better program than IU the last 15 years and that is just a fact. I do not like it but it is the truth.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
We are looking at our 3rd straight season without an NCAA bid and people are throwing shade on Purdue. Doesnt anybody believe in karma? They still may not make it past sweet 16 but who are we to make fun of that
he's probably 13. look at his name

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT