ADVERTISEMENT

PU just turned into the biggest game of Archie’s tenure

He’ll get five years unless he cheats. You have no idea what you’re talking about.
5 years minimum with a monster rebuild. I mean its iu where the expectations are pretty low. If he makes the ncaa in year 4 he likely gets a big extension.

Reactions: Radio Zero
You are clueless you’re just arguing to argue if u honestly think Archie gets a 5th year if year 4 is a bust ya crazy
This is iu dude not kentucky. He will get 5 minimum and make the tourney he gets extended. The expectations are not high at iu

Reactions: Radio Zero
Doubt it happens but couldn't a new AD have ties to a coach he prefers to work with even if this team limps into a tourney bid. Nothing is off the table. What is the timeline on a new AD?

Doubt it happens but couldn't a new AD have ties to a coach he prefers to work with even if this team limps into a tourney bid. Nothing is off the table. What is the timeline on a new AD?

I believe end of school year, so May. The logistics of firing a coach in May aren't in your favor. Miller will get a 4th year regardless.

Crean had us #1 in year 3. That bought him time that Archie won't get.

"It's IU" argument can be used both ways, not that I have a ton of faith in the AD either.

But 3 straight years of no tourney, let alone 4, will be impossible to ignore. I would wish Archie well and move on after a 3rd year of mediocrity, myself.

*Year five.

Last edited:
I am with you in that I don't wanna think about not making the tourney, unfortunately it is the reality now. Right back in my favorite place, bubble land.

The reason he would be fired with out a sweet 16 run is going to be recruiting. IU fans are so passionate that they will crush any hopes of any good 2021 kids coming here this fall or next spring. The only hope would be a awesome team and a late high 4 or 5 star signing in the spring after we would finally prove we were not a awful program.

You under estimate the toxicness around this program if we fail to make the tournament. AH is a odd place to go these days. Tension is high and patience is low.

This is the winning post because of your last two sentences.

I went to 3-4 games in AH earlier in the year and was shocked not just by the attendance, but at how little enthusiasm there was. Watching the Northwestern game on TV......very quiet during a horribly played 1st half, then like a morgue in the 2nd half as NW went 10 points up, with their best guard not playing. It was if the crowd as one refused to cheer/participate until someone from IU actually made a play. With 7-8 minuets left someone finally did, and there was a little bit of support down the stretch.

They had to scale back some of the loud pre-game hype because it looked so out of place with this team and their lackluster efforts.

Yes, the crowd can still get loud right now for a MSU or Purdue, but that's not going to be there much longer.......

I went to 3-4 games in AH earlier in the year and was shocked not just by the attendance, but at how little enthusiasm there was. Watching the Northwestern game on TV......very quiet during a horribly played 1st half, then like a morgue in the 2nd half as NW went 10 points up, with their best guard not playing. It was if the crowd as one refused to cheer/participate until someone from IU actually made a play. With 7-8 minuets left someone finally did, and there was a little bit of support down the stretch.

They had to scale back some of the loud pre-game hype because it looked so out of place with this team and their lackluster efforts.

Yes, the crowd can still get loud right now for a MSU or Purdue, but that's not going to be there much longer.......
The Arkansas, OSU, MSU, and Maryland games all had crowds that were very energized, very engaged. Two of those games were played during break so there was no student element. I wish they'd take 1,500/or so.of those student seats and sell them to the general public.

Biggest difference I see between now and back in the day was that IU used to fill the place up for games against weak opponents. Nowadays, you can get a pretty decent seat for one of those garbage games for $25.00 on Stub Hub or Vivid Seats.

3 game skid, squarely on the bubble. A loss to Purdue will put IU out of the tournament in most brackets. Meaning overachieving will be necessary the rest of the way to make it.

With a packed house and a down Purdue team we have to win this game. If we fail to come away with the victory, all but curtains for Archie in Btown.
PU up 25 against Iowa. Wouldn’t count on them being down.

PU up 25 against Iowa. Wouldn’t count on them being down.

Purdue scored 104 in one game.

Hell.....it would take IU a good two games just to score that many points.

If Archie loses at home to Purdue, he might as well pack his bags and head on out. Attendance will plummet after that.

As if you do? He won't sniff a 5th year if he misses the tournament year 4.

The AD change will be the key to this. It is not easy to move on coaches at IU, Glass can tell you that. The AD change may buy AM a fifth year regardless.

Hopefully the new AD does what Glass has refused to do and sell some of the 8K student seats to young alumni.

Hopefully the new AD does what Glass has refused to do and sell some of the 8K student seats to young alumni.

That would have been a great idea 6 years ago in the crean era. There are no more young alum lined up to get season tiks. Suck long enough and even the IU faithful will stop caring. The wait list is no more, and I would bet anyone that graduated from IU next year would be able to get season tickets. My friends that graduated last 10-15 years and were on a wait list all got called to get tickets. One friend was on the list for just a year and got tickets 3 years back.

A new AD will not want to hitch their wagon to a clown like Archie. They won’t. That’s just not the hill anyone is going to choose to die on.

A new AD will not want to hitch their wagon to a clown like Archie. They won’t. That’s just not the hill anyone is going to choose to die on.
Archie gets a 1 year probation period with new AD and no more

He is on one both figuratively and literally. If he misses the tournament this year there will be about a 5% chance he sees the 5th season. That would be him getting to the sweet 16 next year, that would be very unrealistic if you miss this year.

I agree, if he misses this year with recruiting already down and no reason to extend him, it will only get worse and the new AD will want to cut ties and not take the fall for Glass's mistake

A new AD is not going unchecked. Similar to there will never be another Knight. (Total control)
Miller will receive 5 years. The University will not pay the buyout.
Everyone’s best bet is to rally around this team. (Coach)
Robbie likes to use BigTen funds for other ventures. (Non athletic, I hear)
So until he retires or forced out (doubtful). This is your IU not your grandfathers.

I don't think so, it wouldn't be called SSAH now if they were completely not dependent on donors and season ticket holders. When they become totally apathetic, IU will feel it in the pocketbook. McRobbie will have nothing to skim off of, so I think he and the trustees do have an interest in us having success soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT