ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread: WIU @ IU

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
Well, it's been a long, long off season. Do you remember when you would schedule around IU basketball? No matter what you watched IU play like they refused to lose. Well, those days are coming back.

Contrary to analysts' predictions, I believe this team will make it into the NCAAT and will be in the top 7 in the B1G.

So hold on to your gear and here we go:

WIU 45, IU 85 Tuesday night at 7 on BTN+.

So how many of us are going to pop for BTN+? Do you know that BTN is allegedly scheduling a rebroadcast at 9AM Thursday?

Go IU!

Last edited:
[QUOTE="IU? So how many of us are going to pop for BTN+? Do you know that BTN is allegedly scheduling a rebroadcast at 9AM the following day?

Go IU![/QUOTE]
Rebroascast by Student U on Thursday at 9AM, according to an article linked elsewhere. I believe all the BTN+ games will be shown, just at odd times. Kinda nice though, it only takes an hour because they blow through the timeouts and condense the halftime.

I'll listen to Don Fischer on Tuesday night, and watch on Thursday. Benefit of being retired.

'Bout time the season gets underway!

Impossible to know how good a team like WIU is going to be without any prior games. They have built their roster with a few juco players so the experience may not be as impressive as you might think. They were 10-21 last year and 2-14 on he road. We aren't sure who will play for us. I feel everyone will be available for the opener. I assume if Phinisee was available for the exhibition that he will start Tuesday.

I will predict IU 84 - WIU 54 or the same as our exhibition because I have no idea. Archie will report they are a talented and experienced team, but I expect a D2 performance.

I will predict this staring lineup:

Phinisee, Green, Smith, TJD, Brunk. Durham and Franklin may play more (I hope they can) to let RP and Green rest their injuries. Thompson will be the first post player off the bench. This will tell us Race has really improved over Davis.

Edit: Green isn't playing, but RP is available so, RP, Durham, Swith, TJD, Brunk to start. Expect RP to play less than 15 minutes and possibly less if we get out big.

Last edited:
89-65 IU.

Western Illinois returns a lot of 3pt shooting. I figure they will hit some. IU should destroy them in the paint though.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
No starting IU backcourt means closer game, with no Phinisee. and no Green. Armaan Franklin will have a very big role. IU inside game should be too much for W. ILL.
IU 82 W. ILL 56

Last edited:
they play different positions ..

Green is out with a hamstring injury. Phin is questionable.
I don't believe positions will matter. I expect to see TJD and Race in the game together when we need a quicker front line but don't want to give up length.

Durham drew praise from Don Fischer at the practice he watched. Durham was the best player on the floor. We will be okay with Al, RP and Franklin tonight. I'll be interested how Damezi plays when the game counts. He did a decent job in the exhibition but didn't have a good statistical day in the Marquette scrimmage.

Well, it's been a long, long off season. Do you remember when you would schedule around IU basketball? No matter what you watched IU play like they refused to lose. Well, those days are coming back.

Contrary to analysts' predictions, I believe this team will make it into the NCAAT and will be in the top 7 in the B1G.

So how many of us are going to pop for BTN+? Do you know that BTN is allegedly scheduling a rebroadcast at 9AM Thursday?

Go IU!
BTN+ should be called BTN-

IU 79-45. I will be on the court tonight for the third straight year for the home opener. Kinda bummed Devonte is out, I bought a sweet green light traffic light shirt. I might still rock it. Let me know if you see me on TV will be under the goal. I have $200 on the spread -21.5 so a blow out would be nice.

Go IU!

Go IU!
i don't know anything about wiu. but i think we have a really good chance of winning this one. i'm giving the points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT