ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread: Maryland @ Indiana

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
Indiana hosts Maryland Sunday at 1 PM on CBS. After up and down seasons, both teams are now tied for 3rd in the B1G. Both Indiana and Maryland recently won their first conference road game. Both teams have been experiencing inconsistent play. Fans question the coaching. Fans question recruiting. Both teams are on the upswing with 2 wins in a row. Both teams don't shoot the lights out. Both teams have histories of players coming back from injuries. Both teams rely on defense and rebounding. But Maryland has started to improve their 3 point shot.

So in the most recent losses by Maryland to Wisconsin and before that, Iowa. What happened? Well, against Wisconsin, Maryland turned the ball over more and lost by 2. Against Iowa, they lost the rebounding battle and didn't shoot well.

On the road in their last game, against Northwestern, Maryland's Jalen Smith had 25 points and 11 rebounds. Aaron Wiggins 17 points and five rebounds, and Anthony Cowan Jr. 12 points and six assists. And they got to the line shooting 23 - 26!

At Maryland, Indiana was flat. TJD looked stunned. Brunk, though, started to show what he was made of. Maryland was up by about 8 at the half. Part way through the 2nd half IU went to sleep.

So, Indiana has to play Indiana's game. Score in the paint. Play strong defense. Hit a few three's. Pull DG if his play is counterproductive. Get to the line. Make your shots count. AH has to rock! And the team that starts out well will likely rule the day. Both teams know what it takes to win. But Maryland doesn't have what it takes to win at AH. They never have. They never will.

Maryland 64; Indiana 72

Last edited:
Hitting 3s may or may not happen.
Green will be Jeckel and Hyde.
Can we stop opponents 10-0 runs?
Can we finish?
Hope it is packed and loud!

Gawd, I’d love it if you’re right.

Im going with 69-62. TJD gets a double-double and fouls out Smith.

we annihilated State in the paint. I expect that to continue in conference play, especially in AH. Between Smith, TJD and Brunk, I expect a big differential in points in the paint, and rebounding. There will be a massive advantage for IU in FTA’s. Now if we can just start making them.

Indiana hosts Maryland Sunday at 1 PM on CBS. After up and down seasons, both teams are now tied for 3rd in the B1G. Both Indiana and Maryland recently won their first conference road game. Both teams have been experiencing inconsistent play. Fans question the coaching. Fans question recruiting. Both teams are on the upswing with 2 wins in a row. Both teams don't shoot the lights out. Both teams have histories of players coming back from injuries.

So in the most recent losses by Maryland to Wisconsin and before that, Iowa. What happened? Well, against Wisconsin, Maryland turned the ball over more and lost by 2. Against Iowa, they lost the rebounding battle and didn't shoot well.

On the road in their last game, against Northwestern, Maryland's Jalen Smith had 25 points and 11 rebounds. Aaron Wiggins 17 points and five rebounds, and Anthony Cowan Jr. 12 points and six assists. And they got to the line shooting 23 - 26!

So, Indiana has to play Indiana's game. Score in the paint. Play strong defense. Hit a few three's. Pull DG if his play is counterproductive. Get to the line. Make your shots count.

Maryland doesn't have what it takes to win at AH. They never have. They never will.

Maryland 64; Indiana 72

Our guards need to show up and shut down Cowan, if they can, I'd expect we win at home

I saw MD vs purdue and thought they played a dumb game. I often feel that way when I watch them. Those years we had nobody inside and they did, they took a lot of bad 3s and ignored the advantage inside. Against purdue, they blew a huge lead by taking stupid 3 point shots and ignoring the time and score. They didn't need 3s.They needed to run offense and get a god shot. Turgeon watched dumb offense possession after possession.

Maryland will have to make 3s early and often all game to win. I don't think they will do it on the road in SSAH.

IU 75 MD 65

Maryland has some talent but they are poorly coached. Turgeon is one of the most over rated coaches in the country.

Archie our schemes Turgeon. No way IU loses this one.

IU 76 MD 56

Reactions: .Gerdis
Every game is big now but win this one and they’re ranked. People will start talking about seeding and not if they make it. IU wins this game...72-65

A blowout win would be nice. Was reading a Maryland article about the matchup and the said "its hard to win on the road in the B10, even at Indiana." WTF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT