ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosier Game Day: Maryland

daddyhoosier

Junior
Aug 31, 2019
iufb.net
October 15, 2022 | DaddyHoosier | iufb.net

The Indiana Hoosier face the Maryland Terrapins today in Bloomington in a Big Ten East clash. Indiana leads the all-time series 7-3 but Maryland won last year’s meeting in College Park. The Terps are coming off of a disappointing loss to Purdue and are looking to get back on track while the Hoosiers are hoping to stop a three game skid and to keep their Bowl aspirations alive.

Injury Update

Out – LB Cam Jones

Game-time Decision – TE AJ Barner, WR D.J. Matthews, and CB Jaylin Williams

In – OL Kahlil Benson, WR Javon Swinton

You don’t want anybody to play who is not ready but it’s all hands on deck as IU needs a win and the margin for error is increasingly slim.

Opportunities – Indiana should be able to find space in the Maryland Secondary. IU should look to create some mismatched with Terp Outside Linebackers and Safeties.

The Terps Rush Defense isn’t bad but it’s not Ft. Knox . Like I said in yesterday’s piece the left side of their front seven could be susceptible to some good gains on the ground.

Much has been made of the Maryland passing attack. The IU Secondary has a chance to make a statement and to make the Turtle go back into its shell.

Challenges – First and foremost will be Indiana’s ability to pass protect. If the offensive line can give Quarterback Connor Bazelak time to throw the Hoosiers should be able to move the ball.

Maryland Quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa is a talented player and a fierce competitor. He throws well on the run and can keep drives alive with his feet. They will also likely run some RPO which fan be a challenge to defend.

Indiana needs to put together a full four quarter effort in all three phases of the game. If they take care of the football, keep penalties to a minimum, and trust their system and each other this a game the can win.

Maryland is always a scary team to play because they have talented players. But there is also a good chance they will shoot themselves in the foot with penalties and execution. I respect Taulia but he is good for a couple if head-scratching moments in every game. If Indiana can take advantage I believe they will come out on top.

Indiana 30 – Maryland 29

❌🐢

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT