ADVERTISEMENT

Potential strategy vs OSU

Unless you snap it with 20 seconds left on the play clock which is possible with dog and pony show.
more effective snapping it with 35 seconds gone on the play clock and then kneeling. But somehow the OL would screw that up too and IU would call a timeout before the play clock ran out. Or, they would let it run all the way down and get three delay of game of game penalties backing up 5 yards each each time and then punting. IU football braintrust (?) must be debating many other potential actions like this to limit losing by only 63 points instead of 83.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Get Mother Nature to bring back the 50 MPH winds we had last Saturday. Could muck it up enough to make it only a 5 TD loss.

In a twist on my theory of how to motivate an offensive lineman to block, I suggest that every time one of our stalwarts gives his best matador impression that he gets to play QB for the next 3 snaps... Based on what I've seen to date, it's a certainty that they'll all get their turn... Let em learn how the other half lives...

Almost forgot, be sure tell the RB's to just wave at the rushers as they go by...

One thing I noticed is that Carpenter moved back to Center and was snapping the ball with his left hand due to some sort of injury to his right. It seemed like Katic was doing ok at Center. I’m not sure what prompted the switch back, but it didn’t work out so well.

How about we throw out this "up tempo, spread it out" offense that clearly only works if you have a real QB+O-line and embrace the Iowa mindset of "okay, we know we're going to lose, let's just run the clock out" and milk the play clock all the way down every time we touch the ball.

In all seriousness, this is a bad matchup for Indiana. Not that we've ever had the bodies to keep up with OSU, none of us were looking at this as a competitive game, but even covering the 40 point spread seems difficult atp. Our up-tempo offense has really just turned into an offense that gives the ball back to their opponent quicker. Meaning the best offense in the B1G will have more chances to score, and then our secondary has struggled to stop explosive passing games, they've notably given up a ton of big plays this year and we're laying two first round wide receivers and a first round QB. *sigh*

Not saying we won't cover because 40 points is HUGE, but if I looked at 100 different scenarios for how this game can go, I'd think well over 50 of them have OSU covering the 40.

What blocking scheme can IU deploy to allow for a Hail Mary pass every down on offense? Would need to connect on 15 of those to be competitive.

• Haha
Reactions: Radio Zero
Starting a spelling bee mid second quarter and a reading math contest mid third quarter.
That's actually not a bad idea...!!!

Have one of our players stealthy kickstart the O-H-I-O chant on every down on both offense and defense and while their players are distracted and milling around while attempting to come up with the last two letters we run our play...!

We might even have a chance!!!

Call Tom Allen! (and.., don't say a word about being involved with this board)....

😉😎🏈🍺 o-h-?-? 🤣

We May Have A Game Winner Here Folks!!!! 🏆

I suggest a Parade for Courtsensetwo around the Showalter Fountain when the Team returns home victorious...🇺🇸

Last edited:
Gee..., no support for the above...???

Looks to me like our only chance...
I am in Columbus. The front is coming making the high tomorrow about 40. But it should be sunny. I just heard a local sports talking head say that OSU will cover the 40 points for the Veterans and for America!!!! I never knew that the Buckeyes had become America 's team. The sad thing is that it probably will happen. Sigh.

Reactions: 76-1
That's actually not a bad idea...!!!

Have one of our players stealthy kickstart the O-H-I-O chant on every down on both offense and defense and while their players are distracted and milling around while attempting to come up with the last two letters we run our play...!

We might even have a chance!!!

Call Tom Allen! (and.., don't say a word about being involved with this board)....

😉😎🏈🍺 o-h-?-? 🤣

We May Have A Game Winner Here Folks!!!! 🏆

I suggest a Parade for Courtsensetwo around the Showalter Fountain when the Team returns home victorious...🇺🇸
Win the game and we can talk.

Win the game and we can talk.
Do want to ride standing up or seated on some type of throne?

Pulled on a hasty float rig or driven in a convertible?

Do you have any serious enemies in Bloomington..., will we need to rig up some bulletproof glass for you?

All important questions to be resolved before your personal Parade takes place... 😉

The one and only hope this ass kicking isn't going to happen would be to "accidentally" show up at another stadium and blame the bus driver or google maps

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT