ADVERTISEMENT

Politico reporting Trump is ending DACA

Deep State = Competent Career Intelligence Professionals

LOL!!

Even his own people say he's a wacko that goes OFF on the slightest criticism and will scream for an entire day over a bad news story instead of taking care of business.

Oh, wait. They're all part of the "deep state"/establishment and are just trying to "bring him down", right?

Last edited:
Amazing... I'm not sure how many times I have said this, but Reagan (and Bush) were to the left of both Obama and Hillary back then. They wouldn't even come close to getting the Republican nomination today.

The term compassion has been removed from their manifesto ever since. Conservatives can't look 'tough' otherwise.

a029676432a4303e35883ffe38cdc54a.png

Trump did exactly what should have been done. Don't blame Trump for ending what should have never been done in the first place. Direct the anger at Congress for not doing what needs to be done. I'm pissed. But not at Trump over this one.

Reactions: Cajun54
DACA doesn't usurp Congress. Congress already decided to give the executive broad discretion in immigration enforcement. It's the law. There are tons of other orders passed by multiple presidents just like DACA, but which apply to different classes of people.

The problem with DACA is that it's a huge political football, and that's why Congress needs to step up and fix it. Executive discretion breaks down when 800K become political pawns, so on this particular issue, a permanent solution is required.
Nah. DACA is unconstitutional. Discretion is one thing. Making up things out of whole cloth is quite another. DACA is good policy but done in a completely improper way.

Nah. DACA is unconstitutional. Discretion is one thing. Making up things out of whole cloth is quite another. DACA is good policy but done in a completely improper way.
US statutes dictate that the executive (specifically the AG) shall remove terrorists but may remove other inadmissible aliens. The difference in language combined with the need to even have a "shall" designation in the first place suggests to me that Congress has purposefully granted the executive broad discretion in this matter.

Deferred action for certain classes of people is not a new thing. Presidents at least as far back as Reagan have done it. The uproar over Obama's use of the tool is purely political, not legal.

US statutes dictate that the executive (specifically the AG) shall remove terrorists but may remove other inadmissible aliens. The difference in language combined with the need to even have a "shall" designation in the first place suggests to me that Congress has purposefully granted the executive broad discretion in this matter.

Deferred action for certain classes of people is not a new thing. Presidents at least as far back as Reagan have done it. The uproar over Obama's use of the tool is purely political, not legal.
DACA goes far beyond an exercise of discretion.

And is it now open season on name calling for politicians? Can I now refer to Obama as Obummer? You need to start exercising some control around here.

DACA goes far beyond an exercise of discretion.

And is it now open season on name calling for politicians? Can I now refer to Obama as Obummer? You need to start exercising some control around here.
I deleted the post. None of us saw it before, or it would have already been deleted. We can't see everything. That's why there's a report function. It's much more helpful than calling out other posters publicly.

I deleted the post. None of us saw it before, or it would have already been deleted. We can't see everything. That's why there's a report function. It's much more helpful than calling out other posters publicly.
I really didn't call him out. I merely encouraged him to follow through. Finishing what one starts is almost always an admirable trait.

Trump did exactly what should have been done. Don't blame Trump for ending what should have never been done in the first place. Direct the anger at Congress for not doing what needs to be done. I'm pissed. But not at Trump over this one.

He should have grown some balls and said if he's for it or against it.

Reactions: Noodle
Isn't DACA unconstitutional only if a court says it is? Just like contact us only a foul if a ref calls it. It seems there are questions as to how the courts will decide.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
He should have grown some balls and said if he's for it or against it.
But he didn't say nothing, did he? He made comments that reflected a viewpoint at odds with supporters of DACA, a viewpoint the supporters find both erroneous and objectionable.

I didn't interpret this event as Trump being merely a neutral observer of legal maneuvering.

But he didn't say nothing, did he? .

He was his usual wishy-washy self.

He sent out Sessions to say it was "un-Consitutional" and then after a day of getting hammered by everyone except the extreme bigots, he Tweeted out last night that if Congress didn't fix it in 6 months, he'd "revisit" the issue.

Well, if his AG says it's "un-Constitutional", how, exactly, will he "re-visit" it if Congress does nothing?

He was his usual wishy-washy self.

He sent out Sessions to say it was "un-Consitutional" and then after a day of getting hammered by everyone except the extreme bigots, he Tweeted out last night that if Congress didn't fix it in 6 months, he'd "revisit" the issue.

Well, if his AG says it's "un-Constitutional", how, exactly, will he "re-visit" it if Congress does nothing?
I'd say being wishy-washy is taking a position.

Proponents of DACA have clear basis to conclude that Trump is undermining their status.

Isn't DACA unconstitutional only if a court says it is? Just like contact us only a foul if a ref calls it. It seems there are questions as to how the courts will decide.

Well, in a determinative sense.

But, then, all federal elected officials swear an oath to uphold (and faithfully execute, etc) the Constitution....which certainly implies that they have a duty to exercise their own best judgment in their own actions. I don't think it means "We'll just do whatever we want and rely on the courts to keep us tethered to the Constitution."

But he didn't say nothing, did he? He made comments that reflected a viewpoint at odds with supporters of DACA, a viewpoint the supporters find both erroneous and objectionable.

I didn't interpret this event as Trump being merely a neutral observer of legal maneuvering.

Seems clear to me that Trump would sign a DACA type bill, if given one. However, I see no path....at least not in the next 6 months....where Congress can come close to passing anything of the like.

Wouldn't be surprised for him to delay it again next year, until after the midterms.

(rolleyes)

I bet you think dogs are actually cats too.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but in this scenario I believe you're either committed to the interests of the Dreamers or you're not.

When you routinely take a hard line against immigration in a manner designed to instigate the base, when you expressly give credence to the notion that Dreamers are taking jobs away from "Americans", and when you and your own AG announce the executive branch is limited in its ability to counter Congressional action, etc., you're acting against the interests of Dreamers in a meaningful way. That's true no matter if he muddles his messages and says some things that could be interpreted as wishy-washy.

Its very sad what has happened to the country. The lack of humanity is shocking coming from a country of immigrants.
So basically the terrorist won after all post 9-11. It changed the way people live and the supposedly 'American way of life.'

Or was that period a blip in time considering America's Original sin (and some of the folks on the WC)?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT