ADVERTISEMENT

Politicking over hostages

BradStevens

All-American
Sep 7, 2023
Came across these clips in searching for the national response and mood to the Iranian hostages.

Re the first clip: can you imagine a president since 2016 sitting down for a grilling like this Face the Nation clip? Also, about halfway through, a reporter asks "Is this still a crisis? Should we still be talking about this every day? Reporting the number of days of captivity? Tying yellow ribbons around trees and flying flags at half mast? [Is any of that going on now? Is Biden flying flags at half staff until our hostages come home?**]. Another asks Carter: why aren't you talking about it more?

And here, William Casey and Joseph Verner Reed can go **** themselves for trying to, or succeeding in, negotiating a deal to prevent the hostage release until Reagan came into office:

**No, he hasn't ordered that, but here's something I just discovered: you can get an app on your phone telling you when to fly your flag at half staff:

Came across these clips in searching for the national response and mood to the Iranian hostages.

Re the first clip: can you imagine a president since 2016 sitting down for a grilling like this Face the Nation clip? Also, about halfway through, a reporter asks "Is this still a crisis? Should we still be talking about this every day? Reporting the number of days of captivity? Tying yellow ribbons around trees and flying flags at half mast? [Is any of that going on now? Is Biden flying flags at half staff until our hostages come home?**]. Another asks Carter: why aren't you talking about it more?

And here, William Casey and Joseph Verner Reed can go **** themselves for trying to, or succeeding in, negotiating a deal to prevent the hostage release until Reagan came into office:

**No, he hasn't ordered that, but here's something I just discovered: you can get an app on your phone telling you when to fly your flag at half staff:

My edibles buddy’s mom and my mom took us out of school and to the airport with flags to welcome hostage Rocky sickman home from Iran. I’m not sure either of our moms could name the vp today or under trump. One of those strange memories from being a kid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT