ADVERTISEMENT

Pitching

Charlesroast

Freshman
Aug 4, 2013
Last year's team lost Halstead early, Hart later and Coursen-Carr's effectiveness and innings decreased. If Coach Bunn can get Coursen-Carr on the right track and Halstead and Hart can rebound by the time the B1G season rolls around this team could surprise. Morris, and maybe Effross starting with Kelzer, Harrison and a lefty to be named later in the pen would be a nice base to add last year's casualties to.

Anyone close to the program have an idea how Coach Bunn and Coursen-Carr are connecting?

Caleb Barager has had a good fall, nice lefty you can use out of the pen. C-C has still struggled some this fall, but he will be needed this year. 1 thing is for certain, Efross and Morris will be starters. Efross has had a tremendous fall. Id say you will see 1. Efross, 2. Morris. 3. By committee/matchup. Halstead could see some starts early in the year. Hart won't be back till B10 play (hopefully). After that you still have some solid experienced arms in the pen Harrison, Kelzer, Bell, Belcher, C-C. Pitching will be solid.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Thanks, not familiar with Caleb, but lefties are valuable. That's why C-C looks so important to me. Seems to have potential but didn't really show it in 13, despite some success, and slipped last year. I think it can be tough for kids who have had some success to make needed changes in mechanics especially when they play for different coaches with summer ball. Hoping Coach Bunn's knowledge and reputation for developing pitchers can connect and get C-C on track.

Hope he can help Kelzer as well, ton of potential as a closer. Pitching is a beautiful part of the game for me. I really enjoyed Hart and DeNato last year,, not overpowering throwers by any means but good pitchers at the college level.

Very much looking forward to "Play Ball".

I know that Will was battling lingering injuries last year that hurt his progress. Haven't heard much since Coach Smith left though on how he is doing.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT