ADVERTISEMENT

Pettiest golf club rules...

Bridgewater in Carmel doesn't allow shorts or pants with cargo type pockets on the leg, even if they aren't actual cargo shorts or pants.

I was out there visiting them to see if I wanted to join. The arrogant, smug look on this guy's face when he told me this rule confirmed that it wasn't a place I'd be interested in being. I responded, "you guys really try to make sure that regular people stay out of this place don't you?"

His response? "Yeah, we try."

D**k

I figured the $50k initiation would have been enough. Honeslty, I don't think they want anyone out there that doesn't live within the development. Boring golf course anyway.

I figured the $50k initiation would have been enough. Honeslty, I don't think they want anyone out there that doesn't live within the development. Boring golf course anyway.

My buddy is an Assistant Superintendent out there so he got me on for free earlier this year which was sweet.

But... It's not the place to join if you're focused on golf.

While well taken care of, there are plenty of better/more challenging courses around. And offering memberships much, MUCH cheaper.

Separate clubhouses for men and women. Stupid.
The whole damn game is stupid. Or at least all the people and dumb rules surrounding it. That's what most of these a**holes have forgotten. It's a game. It's not a fashion show. It's not a stamp of material success. It's not an excuse to be an anal retentive petty rule fanatic. It's a f'ing game.

The whole damn game is stupid. Or at least all the people and dumb rules surrounding it. That's what most of these a**holes have forgotten. It's a game. It's not a fashion show. It's not a stamp of material success. It's not an excuse to be an anal retentive petty rule fanatic. It's a f'ing game.
Golf is boring anyhow. You don't even move or get exercise. If I want to stand outside I rather play tennis and move or something.

Golf is boring anyhow. You don't even move or get exercise. If I want to stand outside I rather play tennis and move or something.

Especially when the rules help exclude most real athletes from playing it.

As a person who played golf for many years and even played for 3 years on the hs team. I have to golf is one of the dumbest sports of all. Football is up there as well.

As a person who played golf for many years and even played for 3 years on the hs team. I have to golf is one of the dumbest sports of all. Football is up there as well.

Racin'

Their heart rates get up to like 150 or something.

Golf, Tennis, and Soccer are all wimpy sports.

Leave the cart at the clubhouse and walk 18 like the game is meant to be played, you'll get plenty of exercise. Try walking 18 at Eagle Creek in the Indiana heat and humidity over the next three months, and you'll change that tune.

Leave the cart at the clubhouse and walk 18 like the game is meant to be played, you'll get plenty of exercise. Try walking 18 at Eagle Creek in the Indiana heat and humidity over the next three months, and you'll change that tune.
Walking is exercise? For whom? Fat old white people?

Walking is exercise? For whom? Fat old white people?
Yes.

And carrying a heavy bag is exercise even for young semi-fat white people. And, back in the day, lots of black kids, too.

Golf is like any other game. Some people like it, some people don't. Same as racing, yachting, bowling and poker. They are all games. Some require more athletic ability than others, but that's a dumb debate. A lot of fun activities don't require athletic ability. I love playing Risk, and if someone told me Risk was stupid because it's not a real sport, I'd tell them they're effin' retarded for even making that an issue.

Yes.

And carrying a heavy bag is exercise even for young semi-fat white people. And, back in the day, lots of black kids, too.

Golf is like any other game. Some people like it, some people don't. Same as racing, yachting, bowling and poker. They are all games. Some require more athletic ability than others, but that's a dumb debate. A lot of fun activities don't require athletic ability. I love playing Risk, and if someone told me Risk was stupid because it's not a real sport, I'd tell them they're effin' retarded for even making that an issue.
I like risk too, bit it isnt a sport, it's a game. Risk is a much better game then golf.

Yes.

You are a shitty lawyer.

Brockway made the argument of 'plenty of exercise', doofus. And when people walk they do not carry the bag. They get wheels.

I used to carry my clubs while walking. But I was always the only one actually carrying my bag. Now I get wheels and tow it like luggage like you should do. Gotta keep your shoulder loose. (And actually, you should probably bring a caddy.)

wimpy has nothing to do with, hence why i included football.

Tennis and soccer have great athletes.

I wouldn't play football because it's dangerous and I hate playing team sports. But tennis and soccer players are both incredibly wimpy.

Any complaints about how she is dressed?

paulina2.jpg
She is dressed appropriately to play my course.

Reactions: Coach Pete Bell
You are a shitty lawyer.

Brockway made the argument of 'plenty of exercise', doofus. And when people walk they do not carry the bag. They get wheels.

I used to carry my clubs while walking. But I was always the only one actually carrying my bag. Now I get wheels and tow it like luggage like you should do. Gotta keep your shoulder loose. (And actually, you should probably bring a caddy.)
I usually use wheels, too. However, I do have a bag with an automatic stand. The reason I bought that is because I used to carry a lot.

So, your answer is, yes?
The dudes playing golf on weekends are the same look at me or corporate types or wannabees. The same group drinking craft beer and thinking they are the hot shit discussing their newest craft model.

Yes.

True. I'm just riffin'. Also.. No one takes Risk so seriously that it's commanded by rules of social standing, dress code and asinine retard level pettiness. If they did - I would make fun of them too. As far as fun activities, I have a new one. See how many rules I can break on a golf course and how many stoggy old retards I can offend with pettiness before getting kicked out. It should be fun.

Now since you brought it up.

fwiw - if Risk is played by the original rules, without limits on number of armies in a country, I am undefeated and that is a string of 35+ years. It's very simple, I don't build or even concern myself with continents. I build my army in one country. Generally Indonesia, Central America or Middle East. I prefer the Middle East as long as a competent player doesn't have Australia. . From there, I can eliminate anyone going after Europe, or Africa from ever holding them. That's three continents that no one will get to build. But that's not the trick, it's just a byproduct of it.

People that build continents aren't very good at math. It takes more to keep it, than to ignore it and as Sun Tzu said, you never split your armies unless you have twice as many as the opponent, or as a last chance gamble. Centralized force was also a staple of WW2 strategy. All I do is take a card each turn, and stop and wait.

I wait until I and each person has three or four cards minimum and matches are above 25. If you have five cards or over regardless of time in turn, you must turn in your match. So, I gain reinforcements in my path. I pick one person and eliminate them, take their cards, turn in their match, and then go after another. It generally takes me 6 to 8 turns to get to where I need to be, and then 1 turn to eliminate every person on the board. and everyone of them will have more armies than I do, but mine are centralized. This is not exaggeration. I've done it 100's of times. People talk about 6 hour risk games. I've never seen one. 1 to 2 hours and the game s over and I rule the world.

You would think people would counter it by doing the same but they don't. They sit there building their continent like it's a barbie house. It's not genius, it's simple math and strategy 101. Never split your forces. And, continents do not return in armies what it takes to take them and hold them. With the exception being Australia. It's better to just get three armies per turn, and your card, at an average loss per turn of less than one army because you never fight a big battle, and let everyone else play house.

They've tried countering it by first ganging up on me, which doesn't work because they can't combine attack or armies. And, secondly, keeping me from getting cards by staying away from my army, which slows me down but eventually plays into my strategy. I want them to stay away. I can always connect the dots in a couple turns.

Of course I am called The Great Khan when I play Risk... mostly by myself, and the best thing about it, I can wear cargo shorts while playing it.

Last edited:
The dudes playing golf on weekends are the same look at me or corporate types or wannabees. The same group drinking craft beer and thinking they are the hot shit discussing their newest craft model.
Everyone needs a hook to get laid, if it's making money and making rules to keep away guys that don't have it but don't need it ...... well .. do you blame them? I wonder what their wives are doing?

Yes.

In Risk as in life, avoid Europe. Its a shit hole, strategically.

True. I'm just riffin'. Also.. No one takes Risk so seriously that it's commanded by rules of social standing, dress code and asinine retard level pettiness. If they did - I would make fun of them too. As far as fun activities, I have a new one. See how many rules I can break on a golf course and how many stoggy old retards I can offend with pettiness before getting kicked out. It should be fun.

Now since you brought it up.

fwiw - if Risk is played by the original rules, without limits on number of armies in a country, I am undefeated and that is a string of 35+ years. It's very simple, I don't build or even concern myself with continents. I build my army in one country. Generally Indonesia, Central America or Middle East. I prefer the Middle East as long as a competent player doesn't have Australia. . From there, I can eliminate anyone going after Europe, or Africa from ever holding them. That's three continents that no one will get to build. But that's not the trick, it's just a byproduct of it.

People that build continents aren't very good at math. It takes more to keep it, than to ignore it and as Sun Tzu said, you never split your armies unless you have twice as many as the opponent, or as a last chance gamble. Centralized force was also a staple of WW2 strategy. All I do is take a card each turn, and stop and wait.

I wait until I and each person has three or four cards minimum and matches are above 25. If you have five cards or over regardless of time in turn, you must turn in your match. So, I gain reinforcements in my path. I pick one person and eliminate them, take their cards, turn in their match, and then go after another. It generally takes me 6 to 8 turns to get to where I need to be, and then 1 turn to eliminate every person on the board. and everyone of them will have more armies than I do, but mine are centralized. This is not exaggeration. I've done it 100's of times. People talk about 6 hour risk games. I've never seen one. 1 to 2 hours and the game s over and I rule the world.

You would think people would counter it by doing the same but they don't. They sit there building their continent like it's a barbie house. It's not genius, it's simple math and strategy 101. Never split your forces. And, continents do not return in armies what it takes to take them and hold them. With the exception being Australia. It's better to just get three armies per turn, and your card, at an average loss per turn of less than one army because you never fight a big battle, and let everyone else play house.

They've tried countering it by first ganging up on me, which doesn't work because they can't combine attack or armies. And, secondly, keeping me from getting cards by staying away from my army, which slows me down but eventually plays into my strategy. I want them to stay away. I can always connect the dots in a couple turns.

Of course I am called The Great Khan when I play Risk... mostly by myself, and the best thing about it, I can wear cargo shorts while playing it.

I like your strategy, but Australia isn't the only good continent. I usually also make a play for S. American if I can. N. America sometimes. Sometimes even Africa. I never go after Europe or Asia.

However, this all depends on how easy they are to take and who my opponents are (and how many - e.g., a game with only 2 or 3 players puts a much bigger premium on getting those continents).

Also, I don't spread myself out just to take a continent. But if no one is putting armies in N. America, I'll just take them one at a time until I eventually have it. You have to conquer at least one country every turn, anyway.

I usually win.

Actually, I think Risk is only my 4th favorite war game. I'd much rather play Kriegspiel, A&A or Diplo, but it's harder to find people to play those games with.

Total BS from my perspective,
Total BS from my perspective, but I can't speak to what it's like at private courses. Where I play, I encounter people from all walks of life. I play with whites, blacks, and asians. I often play with an oral surgeon with hands so shaky that his putting sucks (I would never let him work on my teeth). I occasionally play with a brick layer that regularly shoots in the 70's.
Don't generalize.

Total BS from my perspective, but I can't speak to what it's like at private courses. Where I play, I encounter people from all walks of life. I play with whites, blacks, and asians. I often play with an oral surgeon with hands so shaky that his putting sucks (I would never let him work on my teeth). I occasionally play with a brick layer that regularly shoots in the 70's.
Don't generalize.
Public courses are the bomb. I grew up playing Colonial Oaks. When I got older, we switched to Lakeside. In both cases, we met some awesome people.

Don't generalize.

I didn't know there was a such thing as a public course. Here country club dues are 50-75k.

Public courses are the bomb. I grew up playing Colonial Oaks. When I got older, we switched to Lakeside. In both cases, we met some awesome people.
I love it. Everybody that works were I play are great guys, and I've had very few bad experiences with people that are playing.
On the downside, some jackass drove a cart through a bunker over the weekend, but no real damage.
Someone also did a 360 and a burnout on the same green, but the greens are so healthy that it really didn't do any damage.
Jackassery like that is not a common occurrence.

Lakeside Golf Club and Bowling Center: I've never seen that combo before, interesting.
I also see on their website that they have footgolf. Have you ever seen anyone on the course playing footgolf?

I like your strategy, but Australia isn't the only good continent. I usually also make a play for S. American if I can. N. America sometimes. Sometimes even Africa. I never go after Europe or Asia.

However, this all depends on how easy they are to take and who my opponents are (and how many - e.g., a game with only 2 or 3 players puts a much bigger premium on getting those continents).

Also, I don't spread myself out just to take a continent. But if no one is putting armies in N. America, I'll just take them one at a time until I eventually have it. You have to conquer at least one country every turn, anyway.

I usually win.

Actually, I think Risk is only my 4th favorite war game. I'd much rather play Kriegspiel, A&A or Diplo, but it's harder to find people to play those games with.

My favorite is Panzer General. It's a former playstation hex based strategy game that is now free online. I had Zizkov playing it a while ago. It's a fun game, hard as hell. The one reason I like it, it's not easy. No graphics or other bells and whistles, just tactics. And I don't know if this is a testament to it's accuracy or just coincidence. I could never beat Moscow, in 42 or 43 in time. The weather would just kill me. I then read a book about Guderian, where he complained to Hitler about using Panther and Tiger tanks and asked for more Pz.IV's. I quit buying Panthers in 43 and Tigers in 42 and used Pz IV's. I kicked Moscow's ass.

another I liked was Squad Leader, I only played it a few times but IIRC it was one of the old Avalon Hill games. Recently I've seen Flames of War being played. It's another squad based game like squad leader but with miniatures. It seemed interesting. I may try it some day. I've played all kinds of war games. Even the Napoleonic battles using tin soldiers. We played the battle before Waterloo, in scale.

My favorite is Panzer General. It's a former playstation hex based strategy game that is now free online. I had Zizkov playing it a while ago. It's a fun game, hard as hell. The one reason I like it, it's not easy. No graphics or other bells and whistles, just tactics. And I don't know if this is a testament to it's accuracy or just coincidence. I could never beat Moscow, in 42 or 43 in time. The weather would just kill me. I then read a book about Guderian, where he complained to Hitler about using Panther and Tiger tanks and asked for more Pz.IV's. I quit buying Panthers in 43 and Tigers in 42 and used Pz IV's. I kicked Moscow's ass.

another I liked was Squad Leader, I only played it a few times but IIRC it was one of the old Avalon Hill games. Recently I've seen Flames of War being played. It's another squad based game like squad leader but with miniatures. It seemed interesting. I may try it some day. I've played all kinds of war games. Even the Napoleonic battles using tin soldiers. We played the battle before Waterloo, in scale.
Playing war strategy games keeps you in physical shape?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT