ADVERTISEMENT

Perkins in the portal

So now we’re a destination for guards? I’m not sure IU is very desirable even though he’s an Indianapolis kid. I do remember him kicking our ass in years past, though.

Reactions: IUgradman
So now we’re a destination for guards? I’m not sure IU is very desirable even though he’s an Indianapolis kid. I do remember him kicking our ass in years past, though.
Idk but being local kid may make him interested. Negative is he is kinda like Galloway. Not a great shooter

He plays hard. By now, we know what he is going to be. Not a great 3 point shooter, but he has a very good pull up game. And can score at the rim. I’d have to wait to see where we land with some of the better guards that will be in the portal. Wouldn’t take him right now. But maybe later.

The Last time we needed 7 recruits was the Calbert Chaney year class of 89, maybe we will get lucky twice.

I think we’d be lucky to get him. He was upset that we didn’t recruit him in high school. He played with CJ, so not sure he’ll be giving a ringing endorsement.

The rumor on the Iowa Rivals board is that he's asking $300,000 from his portal suitors....

He's got good #s all around other than on 3 point shooting. I'd like him here, but you'd certainly have to recruit at least two other guys who can really shoot it.........If MM is still here and you have one other starter-ready wing type and a back-up he and Galloway being on the floor at the same time is doable.

Should IU take him?
If you want thick and I mean thick rose clolored iu glasses go check out twitter. I am seeing predictions of a top ten team next year at IU after woodson just kills it in the portal. One example below.
https://twitter.com/IUbball

@IUbball

Bring Mack Mgbako back and get these guys signed up and we're cooking! #iubb PG-Leland WalkerPG- Malik MackCG- Tony PerkinsSG- Jalen BlackmonSF- Bryson Tucker(Freshman)SF- Cade TysonC- Amari Williams

7:04 PM · Mar 26, 2024
·
Views

• Haha
Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Wonder if Knight's seniors told the fans to chill and that they're going to run it back after that?
People are already starting to forget what a bad coach woodson is. I guess it happens every year in the spring and summer but they are acting like he can throw this all star portal team together and have a top 15 team next year. They are going to run it back I guess but I think only true fans will expect big things those guys.

If you want thick and I mean thick rose clolored iu glasses go check out twitter. I am seeing predictions of a top ten team next year at IU after woodson just kills it in the portal. One example below.

@IUbball

Bring Mack Mgbako back and get these guys signed up and we're cooking! #iubb PG-Leland WalkerPG- Malik MackCG- Tony PerkinsSG- Jalen BlackmonSF- Bryson Tucker(Freshman)SF- Cade TysonC- Amari Williams

7:04 PM · Mar 26, 2024
·
Views
Do you like Hickman from Bradley?

With Jason Kidd
No. Kidd was like a freshman in HS. They had a guard named Lee or something who was tremendous. Either way, it would have ended two days later as that Uconn team was special in round two. But see back then, we knew what IU had coming back and who their coach was. And this top 10 hs kid named Damon Bailey signed and sealed.

Reactions: Vern Pain
No. Kidd was like a freshman in HS. They had a guard named Lee or something who was tremendous. Either way, it would have ended two days later as that Uconn team was special in round two. But see back then, we knew what IU had coming back and who their coach was. And this top 10 hs kid named Damon Bailey signed and sealed.
Keith Smith?

He plays hard. By now, we know what he is going to be. Not a great 3 point shooter, but he has a very good pull up game. And can score at the rim. I’d have to wait to see where we land with some of the better guards that will be in the portal. Wouldn’t take him right now. But maybe later.
There won't be a later Woody. Didn't you learn from last year?

Reactions: IUgradman
?

Dude was 2nd team All-B10 this year. In what world is IU in a position to turn down a 14/5/5 guy in THIS conference who also plays defense?

And Trey can still have his minutes. Perkins is a PG and a damn good one at that. IU needs a PG in the worst way. There’s a world where you can bring in Perkins, another 2 guard AND still start Trey as the 3rd guard.
Or have Trey be the 8th man like he should.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Or have Trey be the 8th man like he should.
I have zero issue with Trey Galloway being in the starting lineup so long as he’s not the lead guard. No line up in America is going to have 5 guys who all average 15+ points. Trey has a definitive role that he plays well when solely asked to play that role. He was asked to do way too much last year.

I have zero issue with Trey Galloway being in the starting lineup so long as he’s not the lead guard. No line up in America is going to have 5 guys who all average 15+ points. Trey has a definitive role that he plays well when solely asked to play that role. He was asked to do way too much last year.
He can't play the wing. He can't shoot. He is a bench energy guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT