ADVERTISEMENT

Per Twitter Clifton Moore has

Well, now that we have that settled and established that IU is oversigned by 2, what next?

Hopefully priller will graduate and they can make him a grad assistant. This way he stays with the team and can still stay on the bench, practice and never play. Just like before.

Priller is not graduating. His double major is why he was suspended last season. He gamed the BoR system to insure he'd remain at IU with tuition paid whether he plays ball or not.

If we are relying on the 13th man to help us win then we are in trouble. Most teams play 5-9 man rotation and the rest of the players play mop up minutes so who really cares who the 12th and 13th players are. Nobody is treating him like a god and if you watch any college basketball you will see every home crowd cheer big time if there in of the bench players come in.

As I've said before, I've watched IU for over 30 years and have never seen a "mop up guy" get the CHEERS this guy does.

And you keep ignoring the fact a walk-on played a TON more than he has and he hasn't improved one bit while being here.

As I've said before, I've watched IU for over 30 years and have never seen a "mop up guy" get the CHEERS this guy does.

And you keep ignoring the fact a walk-on played a TON more than he has and he hasn't improved one bit while being here.
Because I really don't care and put much thought into the last few on the roster.

Remember Adam Ahlfeld? People went nuts for him. "Tapak Time?"

For awhile, it was strongly thought Gelon was leaving but now he says he really loves IU and has no plans on going.

Priller is not graduating so he's not going with only a year left....and who would take him anyway?

Best bet is for both Blackmon and Thomas to leave.....maybe the one kid can go to prep school since he won't be playing much as a freshman anyway.
That's a good point -- the worry warts on this board have fixated on oversigning, but for all we know some of the recruits might need a couple semesters to work on their grades. I know mothing about their academic records.

That's a good point -- the worry warts on this board have fixated on oversigning, but for all we know some of the recruits might need a couple semesters to work on their grades. I know mothing about their academic records.

Thought I read Moore was very strong academically.

If we are relying on the 13th man to help us win then we are in trouble. Most teams play 5-9 man rotation and the rest of the players play mop up minutes so who really cares who the 12th and 13th players are. Nobody is treating him like a god and if you watch any college basketball you will see every home crowd cheer big time if there in of the bench players come in.
We don't care who the 12th & 13th players are, Scott.
We care who the 14th & 15th players are. Priller is one of those.
Thanks Crean.

McRoberts saw quite a bit of action.....more than at least 2 scholarship players.....even started, IIRC.
I remember in the 2013 final four a walk on Spike Albrect scoring 17 points in the championship game for Michigan. Again I don't care about the very end of the roster and who gets playing time. I want the coach to play the players who deserve to play regardless how they got here.

Reactions: raw21960
I am pleasantly surprised the football team won more than a game. I have witnessed mostly losing seasons of IU football in my lifetime. After several decades of losing you come to expect it in football. I hope the IU football team wins the National Championship.

Thought I read Moore was very strong academically.
This, from his coach:
"One advantage our program has is that all our guys are academic guys. Clif, for example, has a 4.63 GPA and a 1200 SAT on the two-part test."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT