ADVERTISEMENT

Per Twitter Clifton Moore has

So, what's our oversigning situation? I think before, we were oversigned by 3, and most assumed Hartman would not return, so we'd need 2 more spots. Don't we need 3 now? Obviously OG is gone, and I sort of think Blackmon won't return, so I think we need one more spot still, correct?

Reactions: dubtown80
So, what's our oversigning situation? I think before, we were oversigned by 3, and most assumed Hartman would not return, so we'd need 2 more spots. Don't we need 3 now? Obviously OG is gone, and I sort of think Blackmon won't return, so I think we need one more spot still, correct?
We need 3 more not including OG.

If Bryant or Blackmon decide to stay I guarantee it. Maybe Gelon has told CAM he wants to anyways...who knows
I am still scratching my head on Crean's decision to offer Gelon and Priller. If they want to stick around as walk-ons, fine. I am guessing both want to go to school for free, though. Honestly, Priller may have a hard time finding another D-1 program.

Last edited:
We need

4 total!!! Hartman was considered as good as gone but he's staying and 3 coming in so we need 4 total!!! With OG definitely gone we need 3 spots to open up.
No we have 3 recruits coming in and we lose one in OG that means two need to leave.

I think you're right...no 2 more spots

But Hartman was considered gone and now he's not leaving. Maybe I'm wrong here
You are wrong... hartman was on scholarship last year as the only senior. OG is leaving from last years roster. So we need 2 more to leave to get everyone in

But Hartman was considered gone and now he's not leaving.
Yes, he was considered gone so it was thought IU was oversigned by 2. He stayed and OG left so they're still at oversigned by 2. And most likely by 1 since I don't think JBJ returns.

I have a feeling as it gets closer to the semester ends a couple of players will announce transferring. Of course, if JBJ and Bryant also leave then no one has to

I still think we will have at least one transfer. I have no information on who will transfer, but I remember a while back someone stating they heard Cujo was a possibility. I would still say that Gelon is the top prospect for a transfer and I'm starting to think Blackmon won't return. Obviously CAM already knows who's going and who is staying having continued to recruit the full class.

Reactions: baileyiu
Yes, he was considered gone so it was thought IU was oversigned by 2. He stayed and OG left so they're still at oversigned by 2. And most likely by 1 since I don't think JBJ returns.

I have a feeling as it gets closer to the semester ends a couple of players will announce transferring. Of course, if JBJ and Bryant also leave then no one has to
right on, I thought we were oversigned by 3

We need two more spots to.open up along with OG.

So if Hartman graduates this year will he use up a scholarship to play as a 5th year senior?

There are at least two kids that are not going to see the floor and CAM needs to be honest with them. If they want to play they need to go somewhere else. Miller should not have to cut anyone.

I'm pretty sure Priller knows he's never going to play. He came here to enjoy the party and I don't see him leaving willingly. Gelon should see the writing on the wall though hopefully.

I still think we will have at least one transfer. I have no information on who will transfer, but I remember a while back someone stating they heard Cujo was a possibility. I would still say that Gelon is the top prospect for a transfer and I'm starting to think Blackmon won't return. Obviously CAM already knows who's going and who is staying having continued to recruit the full class.
If JBJ returns he better learn to play D, cause Archie ain't gonna let him play if he can't make stops.

My guess is that JBJ will move on. And either Priller or Gelon will be asked to step aside.

But Rojo or Thomas deciding to begin their pro careers wouldn't surprise me either.

I would be surprised if CAM didn't already know of at least 2 more that are leaving. Gelon might not be on the list of transfers. An Indiana kid might not be the one coach would want to lose in building a relationship with Indiana coaches. More likely that JBJ and Bryant don't return.

After Priller leaves, don't expect CAM to use a scholarship to fill out the full roster. Open scholarships can be given on a year by year basis to walk-ons.

With OG gone we are over signed by two.

Well, now that we have that settled and established that IU is oversigned by 2, what next?

Hopefully priller will graduate and they can make him a grad assistant. This way he stays with the team and can still stay on the bench, practice and never play. Just like before.

Well, now that we have that settled and established that IU is oversigned by 2, what next?

Hopefully priller will graduate and they can make him a grad assistant. This way he stays with the team and can still stay on the bench, practice and never play. Just like before.

Curious as to what you think would qualify him as a grad assistant? Not to say he couldn't have such qualities, I just don't know of them. There's nothing wrong with cutting a guy loose! Plus, it seems to me that our AD has given us the "out" in that we set up a policy that all scholly athletes can have up to 4 years (or their degree... don't remember which) paid for, despite if they are taken off scholarship. It seems from comments, most believe that's what Priller values anyway, is the college experience, and being paid for. He seems a likely candidate to me for one of those oversigned spots.

Curious as to what you think would qualify him as a grad assistant? Not to say he couldn't have such qualities, I just don't know of them. There's nothing wrong with cutting a guy loose! Plus, it seems to me that our AD has given us the "out" in that we set up a policy that all scholly athletes can have up to 4 years (or their degree... don't remember which) paid for, despite if they are taken off scholarship. It seems from comments, most believe that's what Priller values anyway, is the college experience, and being paid for. He seems a likely candidate to me for one of those oversigned spots.

I'm just throwing out ideas. I have no idea what he wants to do, if he is graduating, or if he is or isn't qualified for a grad asst. I am not making the final decision on what may or may not happen with him, either. I can assure you that the folks making the decision are much better informed than I. At one point it sounded like he fell behind in his school work or at least didn't have enough credits towards a major to be considered on track to be a senior.

I'm just throwing out ideas. I have no idea what he wants to do, if he is graduating, or if he is or isn't qualified for a grad asst. I am not making the final decision on what may or may not happen with him, either. I can assure you that the folks making the decision are much better informed than I. At one point it sounded like he fell behind in his school work or at least didn't have enough credits towards a major to be considered on track to be a senior.
My prediction is that JBJ will not come back and Gelon will transfer and maybe one more transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT