ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
Minnesota has a decent team and got smoked tonnght. I cannot even image how bad IU will lose to Penn State. You would almost want iu to lose out to get allen fired but it wont happen so what can you do.

Now not so fast, are we going to play a 30 minute or 60 minute game v Penn St? If it is 30, which 30 are we playing the first 30 or second 30? When all that is dialed in I can let you know.

• Haha
Reactions: Skiporshki and mk30
Yea Ohio St can't afford any slip ups when IU comes to town. Not that IU will be tough, they just need to roll over IU to keep the National Championship train on track.

Many of us weren't even alive the last time IU beat Ohio State.
Of my many regrets about the direction of the season, perhaps the biggest at this point is that we don't play OSU in Bloomington. At least then I could sell my tickets and parking pass to some zealous bucknut and recover a small part of my foolish investment this year.

Of my many regrets about the direction of the season, perhaps the biggest at this point is that we don't play OSU in Bloomington. At least then I could sell my tickets and parking pass to some zealous bucknut and recover a small part of my foolish investment this year.
Maybe you can sell your Purdue tickets to a Boiler fan and get a few bucks. They may be playing for the West title that day.

Maybe you can sell your Purdue tickets to a Boiler fan and get a few bucks. They may be playing for the West title that day.
There isn't much that's beneath my dignity, but that's a red line for me. I can't think of anything that would ever leave me so desperate as to help a PUke get a seat in MS for a Bucket game. I might leave my seats empty (which is an option definitely in play this season), but I wouldn't sell them to a Boiler fan to save my dying mother. And besides, my mother would rather breathe her last than suffer the shame of me enabling a Purdue fan.

Minnesota has a decent team and got smoked tonnght. I cannot even image how bad IU will lose to Penn State. You would almost want iu to lose out to get allen fired but it wont happen so what can you do.
Honestly, I don't think we will lose as badly as Minnesota, the white-out environment is insane, a team with the talent level of Minnesota never stood a chance, especially with their backup QB. But PSU is the same team that was utterly dominated at the LOS by UM a little over a week ago, and they will be mentally checked out in the first half against us because they play OSU at home this week, that game is going to be their Super Bowl so we should have a clear mental edge in the first half.

I definitely don't see us staying in it the whole game, but it'll probably be similar to the Michigan game where we keep it close because PSU is not playing their best football in the first half and our offense has one good scripted drive, but eventually they run away with it and win by 17-24.

Reactions: midwolfe
I was alive and I was there: both in '87 in the horseshoe and in '88 in Bloomington. Glorious days, both!
I wasn't at the columbus game, but I was there as a freshman in '86 when we should have beat them and again in '88 when we did. I still relish the tears and fits of denial as they made there way back to their cars that day.

At the time, I thought that IU football was finally there. We'd arrived. Little did I know that those were the best days of the program and 35+ years later, we'd basically be in year in year 30 of a rebuild.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT