ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State loses to Minny

HereYouGoIU

Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2019
Hoosier Country in Brown County
If PSU loses at Minny, clearly losing their chance at staying in top 4 of CFP, will they be more prone to a let down when we goto Happy valley?

or more determined than ever to destroy us?

I would think they would be more vulnerable than ever if losing to Minny, what a let down.

If PSU wins at Minny. They have every reason in world to take us serious.

What do you think it takes to win either way?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Kind of doubt PSY won’t be fairly well prepared regardless of Minny game results.

If IU Def can get some turnovers and keep game close, could see a Cinderella FG to win it at the buzzer for IU.

If PSU loses at Minny, clearly losing their chance at staying in top 4 of CFP, will they be more prone to a let down when we goto Happy valley?

I would think they would be more vulnerable than ever if losing to Minny, what a let down.

I think IU will have to play near-perfect football to have a chance at a W in State College regardless of what Penn State does this weekend in Minneapolis.

IU has traditionally been hard to prepare for, particularly a top team...they just find it hard to take us seriously. But we have beaten them in recent years. They wont overlook us this time imo...turnovers and defense playing at their best is the key. Our O will score points...but will it be enough? Its on the D...

I am concerned that the team that beat Maryland 59-0 will show up. Penn State has won 21 of 22 contests against the Hoosiers with the only loss when they were on probation with drastic scholarship reductions.
It will be a nationally televised game against a 7-2 Indiana squad that will not be overlooked.
This is not the 17th ranked 9-4 team from last year And as the season wears on injuries take bigger tolls which benefits squads with more depth.
Beating Penn State would be a serious breakthrough victory.

Last edited:

I think you're going to make yourself sick. Why don't we just lace 'em up and see what happens!

I think losing at MN might be more motivating to them. That would mean their only shot to sneak into the playoffs would be run the table including a win vs OSU and in the conference title game.

i don't think we want to play a wounded lion.

Hoping PSU beats the Gophs. Would be a good confidence builder if IU can hang with an undefeated team. I know, that's a big IF.

Last year's special teams disasters cost IU big time vs PSU.

In 2004 the Hoosiers upset nationally ranked Oregon on the road 30-24.

P.S. Indiana had 2 turnovers. Oregon had 7 turnovers. Hoosiers could be in good shape if Penn State has 7 turnovers.
If I remember that game correctly, we got at least 2 TD on special teams/ kick returns. Lance Bennett?

That was unexpected...I called that wrong...wont matter either way really...

Minnesota is the real deal. Yeah.....Fleck is eccentric but he motivates his team and they are solid on both sides of the ball.
They remind me of an old boise team...played nobody and they announced b4 the game, every big 10 team they have played was against a backup qb sides psu, stayed healthy due to shitty schedule, played like its the super bowl today. Bring em to Indy and let em play osu. That should be a great game. :rolleyes::eek:o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT