ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State/IU Prediction Thread

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
Would love to see an upset but not counting on it.

Penn State 34
Indiana 17

Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: Jg48
Defense plays well for a while. Offense doesn't. We wear out and get thumped in the end. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Probably 38-13 or so. A couple FGs, maybe a late TD that doesn't matter.

Reactions: Rags to Roses
I hope during the bye week he told Bell to slow down the offense because it hurts the defense if he doesn't I would fire him.

If that happens and we see a new QB, I hope we see a much better offense with an accurate QB and the defense gets a break rather than with the fast offense. If Bell doesn't slow down then IU will lose.

I hope it is
IU 24 PSU 18
I think it is
IU 7 PSU 35

Last edited:
Reactions: Rags to Roses
On paper they should beat us by two touchdowns but this is the game where we'll find out if this Team and staff still have any Heart...

I'm hoping they do...

INDIANA 27
P$U 24

Campbell hits on a wind assisted school record length FG to put a dagger in them... (metaphorically)...

Going to be windy and that doesn’t bode well for this offense. Think Idaho only 4 quarters this time. On defense stack the box and play press coverage and make Clifford beat you with his arm, but I don’t think Allen will.

PSU 31
IU 13

Reactions: vesuvius13
Penn State is barely a Top 25 team imo. I get the feeling they are going with Allar at Quarterback and I think he is going to be very good and will hit the ground running. That said, if the Hoosiers throw some disguised coverages at him they may be able to force a mistake or two and I think it will be closer than people think to begin with. IU should be able to get 100 yards rushing. I think Maryland next week is the only game PSU has left that they are worried about. This all could be a formula for upset. I'm not going to go that far but I'll say:

PSU 34 Indiana 24

IU 17 - PSU 14.

Wind cripples both offenses, but Penn State makes more mistakes and IU pulls through.

Penn State is barely a Top 25 team imo. I get the feeling they are going with Allar at Quarterback and I think he is going to be very good and will hit the ground running. That said, if the Hoosiers throw some disguised coverages at him they may be able to force a mistake or two and I think it will be closer than people think to begin with. IU should be able to get 100 yards rushing. I think Maryland next week is the only game PSU has left that they are worried about. This all could be a formula for upset. I'm not going to go that far but I'll say:

PSU 34 Indiana 24
They destroyed Minnesota who is far better than IU. This game will likely not even be close.

Could be an interesting game...Penn State obviously has superior talent but this isn't a game they get up for especially after losing to OSU. I will be there to pack the rock and enjoy some B1G football. Go Hoosiers.

Reactions: 76-1
Up from the gut...Penn State 35 - IU 13
The thin crowd really thins out after halftime.
The Accent-laced buttered popcorn is really good from the comfort of my basement sofa.
I sit on my ass all afternoon not complaining, senses dulled from having watched IU football for 60+ years.
I take my punishment like a man.

The Indiana chapter of “Masochists Across America” is hosting its weekly meeting today at Memorial Stadium prior to kickoff at the entrance to the East Stands. Food and drink are free. Jerry Sandusky will be making a guest appearance with a portable shower stall and a dunk tank. Kids get in free.
You're extraordinarily lucky I'm not a mod... If it were my call you'd be gone Forever...

Reactions: t4mink
On paper they should beat us by two touchdowns but this is the game where we'll find out if this Team and staff still have any Heart...

I'm hoping they do...

INDIANA 27
P$U 24

Campbell hits on a wind assisted school record length FG to put a dagger in them... (metaphorically)...

IU 17 - PSU 14.

Wind cripples both offenses, but Penn State makes more mistakes and IU pulls through.

Penn State struggles in the wind and rain

PSU - 17
IU - 20
Could you guys upload whatever it was you were on when you posted so we can all get as loopy? :)

A back stage, all exclusive access pass to the Tom Allen radio show at Southern Stone, a mini basketball autographed by Scott Dolson, a mini surfboard handcrafted by Glass Industries and free year of hugs courtesy of the LEO Society of Bloomington.
And one free tire from Neal Tire when you purchase seven and throw a football through a carnival prop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT