ADVERTISEMENT

Penix pushing to start

I sure don't want to sell Ramsey short. The biggest improvement is between Frosh and Soph seasons...he will be a lot better and stronger...or our staff needs looking at. Penix has the stuff but frosh should sit...unless hes the clear best option.

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
I sure don't want to sell Ramsey short. The biggest improvement is between Frosh and Soph seasons...he will be a lot better and stronger...or our staff needs looking at. Penix has the stuff but frosh should sit...unless hes the clear best option.
I predict it will be 1. Ramsey, 2. Tronti, 3. Penix, 4. Taylor. None of these guys have the arm or athleticism to play as freshman. They were recruited as decision makers, and will need time to climb the learning curve of the Big Ten East.

I'm bullish on Penix (and still would love to see Taylor be ARE 2.0) but I'm going to bet on the "coaches son" Ramsey to hold onto the spot. He's got real game experience, great head on his shoulders, doesn't really turn the ball over and like everyone else, is getting better mentally/physically too. Hoping Tronti keeps shining too. Only thing I can go on with him is posts that seem to show he's a gym rat/loves to work on his game. I think all 4 have potential and if Taylor isn't slotted for QB for the long haul, hope they find a great spot for him to excel.

Reactions: ESalum86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT