ADVERTISEMENT

Peacock

Bippy

Junior
Jan 20, 2002
So who's getting that great bargain Peacock to watch tomorrow's game? I seem to recall a number of folks touting what small inconvenience it was to pay up to watch our Hoosiers.

Anyone?

So who's getting that great bargain Peacock to watch tomorrow's game? I seem to recall a number of folks touting what small inconvenience it was to pay up to watch our Hoosiers.

Anyone?
Boys sectionals start tomorrow. Some advice to everyone reading this...look up the closest, most intriguing sectional contests, and spend the 10 bucks to go watch that.

Anyone?
I wouldn't spend a dime to go out of my way to watch this group (notice I did not say team).

That's a sucker deal anyway for anyone who's already paying extra for the Big Ten Network...

Anyone?
Well I bought the package when the program was full of hope. I still root for the team or as 76-1 more aptly put it "group"...we (the beautiful bride and I) have actually enjoyed quite a bit of the programming, however, I'll be exercising my option to "cancel at any time" after the game.

Anyone?
I already was on Peacock but rarely use it. I would not get it for the men but would have signed up for the ladies. I have big ten plus for the ladies, tho they are successful to the point they are on more main stations.

Boys sectionals start tomorrow. Some advice to everyone reading this...look up the closest, most intriguing sectional contests, and spend the 10 bucks to go watch that.
That is some very good advice as an alternative outlet. I plan to make the 8 minute drive to the Terre Haute South sectional. TH North has a really good team with a lot of size, length and kids who can actually hit consistently from behind the arc. Watching an IU game can't compete with the IHSAA sectionals. NOT this year, anyway.😥

Anyone?
I know one poster who has it. The night Woodson shocked the world and beat Ohio State he said any of us who had not paid for Peacock and therefor did not see the Ohio State game were not true IU fans. So I guess tomorrow night I will once again not be a true IU fan because I am not paying extra money to watch this Mike Woodson team.

Anyone?
I'd wager any interested IUBB fans that considered getting Peacock did so months ago, rather than for the last game we're on for the season.

I watch other Big Ten games on Peacock, plus the women (and other women's games).

It's a small inconvenience to pay to watch lots of Big Ten basketball of either gender.

Reactions: kkott
I know one poster who has it. The night Woodson shocked the world and beat Ohio State he said any of us who had not paid for Peacock and therefor did not see the Ohio State game were not true IU fans. So I guess tomorrow night I will once again not be a true IU fan because I am not paying extra money to watch this Mike Woodson team.
I would agree with that guy whoever he is. how can you be a fan and not watch the games? sounds to me like someone who just likes to bitch about things.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I think this is a huge problem. I have lived and breathed IU sports for decades. Even knowing the football team would lose I faithfully watched or if not on tv I at least listened on the radio.
But something is different about this team. I don’t think it is just the loses alone as we have had lesser win teams in the past. I might check the internet for the score a time or two. I might ignore it all together. But I will not watch the game nor see the ads. Can cable and streaming services know this? Do ad prices drop?
This is truly an awful product and creating complete disinterest. Maybe I am alone or in a small minority. IU should hope I am.

Reactions: bailey777
I would agree with that guy whoever he is. how can you be a fan and not watch the games? sounds to me like someone who just likes to bitch about things.
I look forward to your comments tonight since I will not be able to watch it. You can give us the play by play. For some reason I feel like this is one they could shock us all and win. Then again I thought the same thing the last two home games.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I look forward to your comments tonight since I will not be able to watch it. You can give us the play by play. For some reason I feel like this is one they could shock us all and win. Then again I thought the same thing the last two home games.
sad to think that an IU team, playing at home, in late February, with multiple starters possibly testing the professional waters shortly, with more "accumulated stars" than any other team in the league....would shock us, by beating a decent-but-not-dominating- Wisconsin team. Again...in Assembly Hall. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
can do that before the game, if that's all you want, we will come out lethargic, probably have sloppy turnovers 1st 3 or 4 possession, down 10 with about 10 minutes to go in 1st half, will pick it up a bit and cut it to 6 or 7 then Woodson will make a couple of substitutions and Wishy goes on a 9-0 run. about the 3-minute mark will be down 12 or so, and I'll be thinking. just get it below double digits at half and we will be ok, at that point will make a couple bonehead plays and they will push the lead to about 17, with about 45 seconds left Woodson will see that we have 2 fouls to give and will instruct someone to foul at about the 35 second mark and again with about 25 seconds to go (will smugly look at his assistance to let them know he learned that in the NBA] that way assuring Whisky gets the last shot. some asshole will bank in a 3 as time expires and will dance off the court gesturing to our fans making some kind of 3 sign, boos will reign down on the hall

the 2nd half will start much like the 1st, lead will probably top off in the 23–28-point range. then Woodson will tell them to start pressing and playing at a faster pace, we will go on a run and cut the lead to 8 or 9 place will be rocking for about a 3-minute stretch.

When it seems like were about to get over the hump we will slow the game down, Galloway will pound the dribble outside until there is about 8 seconds on the shot clock then he will start the offense. probably chuck a couple of airballs during this period of the game, Whisky will get a couple of questionable and 1s, push the lead to 15 and cruise home from there

now I'm questioning why I keep paying to see the same movie.

sad to think that an IU team, playing at home, in late February, with multiple starters possibly testing the professional waters shortly, with more "accumulated stars" than any other team in the league....would shock us, by beating a decent-but-not-dominating- Wisconsin team. Again...in Assembly Hall. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Somebody posted on twitter you can buy tickets in the balcony for a buck. Unreal.

can do that before the game, if that's all you want, we will come out lethargic, probably have sloppy turnovers 1st 3 or 4 possession, down 10 with about 10 minutes to go in 1st half, will pick it up a bit and cut it to 6 or 7 then Woodson will make a couple of substitutions and Wishy goes on a 9-0 run. about the 3-minute mark will be down 12 or so, and I'll be thinking. just get it below double digits at half and we will be ok, at that point will make a couple bonehead plays and they will push the lead to about 17, with about 45 seconds left Woodson will see that we have 2 fouls to give and will instruct someone to foul at about the 35 second mark and again with about 25 seconds to go (will smugly look at his assistance to let them know he learned that in the NBA] that way assuring Whisky gets the last shot. some asshole will bank in a 3 as time expires and will dance off the court gesturing to our fans making some kind of 3 sign, boos will reign down on the hall

the 2nd half will start much like the 1st, lead will probably top off in the 23–28-point range. then Woodson will tell them to start pressing and playing at a faster pace, we will go on a run and cut the lead to 8 or 9 place will be rocking for about a 3-minute stretch.

When it seems like were about to get over the hump we will slow the game down, Galloway will pound the dribble outside until there is about 8 seconds on the shot clock then he will start the offense. probably chuck a couple of airballs during this period of the game, Whisky will get a couple of questionable and 1s, push the lead to 15 and cruise home from there

now I'm questioning why I keep paying to see the same movie.
Pretty much the way the last two home games went.

Somebody posted on twitter you can buy tickets in the balcony for a buck. Unreal.
It will take money loss for IU admin to do something. I think they might find humor in $1 balconytickets. It will take NIL drop, donor drop, and maybe trouble selling ad space to make them realize a change should be made. Woodson easily gets next year.

It will take money loss for IU admin to do something. I think they might find humor in $1 balconytickets. It will take NIL drop, donor drop, and maybe trouble selling ad space to make them realize a change should be made. Woodson easily gets next year.
Yep it's the people who bought the tickets at face value that are now forced to unload them for a dollar with a ticket reseller. IU got their money for them when they were first purchased.

The beers are still $10 though.
But of course the one thing that never drops in price is the booze unless you go to an Atlanta game.

Mercedes-Benz Stadium was recently named the NFL's most cost-effective venue thanks in large part to their $5 beers and $2 hotdogs. In total, the average game-day outing costs Falcons fans just $135.67.Aug 19, 2023

But of course the one thing that never drops in price is the booze unless you go to an Atlanta game.

Mercedes-Benz Stadium was recently named the NFL's most cost-effective venue thanks in large part to their $5 beers and $2 hotdogs. In total, the average game-day outing costs Falcons fans just $135.67.Aug 19, 2023
ask lions fans about pricing, made the playoffs tripled prices, people who had seats for generations getting priced out.

why would a re seller buy or sell a ticket for a dollar makes no cents

Still a waiting list for season tickets. And I was dead wrong about the attendance tanking tonight. It clearly didn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT