ADVERTISEMENT

Our lads projected depth chart

just for fun

just for fun
Interesting to see Carter Smith rs fr starting at left tackle against osu. Must be showing a lot of promise

Interesting to see Carter Smith rs fr starting at left tackle against osu. Must be showing a lot of promise
Carter wrestled at HW in HS too … he may have gotten the inside track at the end of spring practice.

I prefer him at wr or on a reverse. Hardly ever in the backfield.
I’m guessing Jaylin gets about 20 snaps beyond return duties and about half the touches on those snaps.
Some of the practice photos showed Jaylin at left half in a two back set. I’m expecting a dive to Henderson and a pitch to Jaylin … or Jaylin May motion to a bubble screen from the slot. We’ll see if Jaylin can turn the corner on a forward pitch jet sweep and then counter with the dive back, or let Sorsby/Jackson leak out the back side, should OSU overpursue.

Reactions: midwolfe
Carter wrestled at HW in HS too … he may have gotten the inside track at the end of spring practice.

I’m guessing Jaylin gets about 20 snaps beyond return duties and about half the touches on those snaps.
Some of the practice photos showed Jaylin at left half in a two back set. I’m expecting a dive to Henderson and a pitch to Jaylin … or Jaylin May motion to a bubble screen from the slot. We’ll see if Jaylin can turn the corner on a forward pitch jet sweep and then counter with the dive back, or let Sorsby/Jackson leak out the back side, should OSU overpursue.
He‘ll probably more snaps than that . . . likely 40+, with a goal of around 15 or so touches.

I prefer him at wr or on a reverse. Hardly ever in the backfield.
I agree. he's fast, but not big enough to run it between the tackles. I hope they don't make it too predictable when he's in...like Shivers getting his head taken off on swing passes or bubbles out of the backfield. I hope they can be more creative on offense than they have been!

Reactions: kmathum
I agree. he's fast, but not big enough to run it between the tackles. I hope they don't make it too predictable when he's in...like Shivers getting his head taken off on swing passes or bubbles out of the backfield. I hope they can be more creative on offense than they have been!
What are the odds the first play call on Saturday is a swing pass? 😆😆😆

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT