ADVERTISEMENT

Other baby Cubs...

C-$

Hall of Famer
Nov 1, 2002
Carmel, Indiana
Meanwhile, these kids are really coming on:

Christian Villanueva, 3B, AAA, 23 yo - .351, 4 HR, 15 RBI in his last 10

Arismendy Alcantara, 2B/OF, AAA, 23 yo - .395, 1:1 BB/SO ratio, 6 SB in his last 10; yeah, he's been up and down with the big club

Carl Edwards, P, AAA, 23 yo - did really well in AA, just got promoted to AAA, struggling but very early

Donn Roach, P, AAA, 25 yo - 6-0, 2.12 ERA

Corey Black, P, AA, 23 yo - 2.96 ERA, 56 SO: 19 BB, .188 avg

Frank Batista, P, AA, 26 yo - 6-1, 1.67 ERA, 45 SO: 17 BB

...and of course Schwarber SMASH continues to rake. .425, 2 HR, 11 RBI, 1:1 BB/SO ratio in his last 10. He can't be long for AA.

schwarber_640_s13ksud1_tjh2082s.jpg

Arismendy Alcantara, 2B/OF, AAA, 23 yo - .395, 1:1 BB/SO ratio, 6 SB in his last 10; yeah, he's been up and down with the big club

Carl Edwards, P, AAA, 23 yo - did really well in AA, just got promoted to AAA, struggling but very early

...and of course Schwarber SMASH continues to rake. .425, 2 HR, 11 RBI, 1:1 BB/SO ratio in his last 10. He can't be long for AA.

Gleybor Torres, the 18 year old Dominican shortstop at low A ball has been ridiculous.

divider-800x20.jpg

Gleyber Torres Stats Summary
LG LEVEL G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI BB IBB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS GO/AO
Minors 2015 [+] - Minors 48 180 26 57 71 10 2 0 30 22 0 43 8 4 .317 .394 .394 .789 2.57

Reactions: C-$

Schwarber's issue is not the bat, it's whether or not he can be a big league catcher. I've heard some talk about him going to left field. So this could propel him to the big leagues faster if this would be the case.

Schwarber's issue is not the bat, it's whether or not he can be a big league catcher. I've heard some talk about him going to left field. So this could propel him to the big leagues faster if this would be the case.
From what I've read they really want him to be the answer at Catcher so they're willing to let him work down in the minors. Left handed power behind the plate come playoff time would be big, big for the Cubbies.

Cubs have all the pieces now from what I've watched. They still need that pitching to come around and the bullpen needs work

From what I've read they really want him to be the answer at Catcher so they're willing to let him work down in the minors. Left handed power behind the plate come playoff time would be big, big for the Cubbies.

Cubs have all the pieces now from what I've watched. They still need that pitching to come around and the bullpen needs work
Their pitching was 2nd best ERA in the NL over the previous month to 6 weeks while their O struggled. The bullpen needs help abd another veteran starter and they'll be set for the foreseeable future. They have a lot of tradeable pieces to fill out whatever they need.

Their pitching was 2nd best ERA in the NL over the previous month to 6 weeks while their O struggled. The bullpen needs help abd another veteran starter and they'll be set for the foreseeable future. They have a lot of tradeable pieces to fill out whatever they need.
I stand corrected...

Castro seems to be a VERY movable piece... Don't think I've seen him do anything worth while all season

I stand corrected...

Castro seems to be a VERY movable piece... Don't think I've seen him do anything worth while all season

I wanted Castro to mature but he's just not as good as some of the kids they have coming up... and he's at a position where the Cubs are very deep. Hopefully he gets hot, increases his value, and they can get something decent for him.

Reactions: hoosierdug
I wanted Castro to mature but he's just not as good as some of the kids they have coming up... and he's at a position where the Cubs are very deep. Hopefully he gets hot, increases his value, and they can get something decent for him.
Correct response, but the problem is that other teams know all about Castro, and they won't get that much for him straight up. He can be a very valuable piece in a deal though.

Castro is in the process of punching his ticket out of town. Maddon stresses defense, and Castro is making too many errors. Why? Cause he's got a ten cent head.

Just booted a routine grounder, and the next guy up immediately goes yard.

Argh.

I've noticed a strong similarity between Cubs fans and CTC fans. A new shiny object comes along and he is a key piece to impending glory.

After a year or two, he isnt panning out because he is a bum (or fill in the blank here) but there is a shinier object waiting in the wings.

In the end it is the same old chit. A glimpse of hope followed by disappointment.

I've noticed a strong similarity between Cubs fans and CTC fans. A new shiny object comes along and he is a key piece to impending glory.

After a year or two, he isnt panning out because he is a bum (or fill in the blank here) but there is a shinier object waiting in the wings.

In the end it is the same old chit. A glimpse of hope followed by disappointment.
8d20ae51361050734dce54f06a651b6d.jpg

My favorite are Cub posters claiming they never post about the Cubs, yet every day they slobber all over the board proclaiming a future dynasty.

Your comparisions to IU bball is spot on.

My favorite are Cub posters claiming they never post about the Cubs, yet every day they slobber all over the board proclaiming a future dynasty.

Others would say that there is a spot on comparison to IU football fans as well.

This is easily the dumbest analogy I've seen on this board this year and your dumbest post to date. There is absolutely no corollary between CTC and ANYTHING about the Cubs. Theo is the anti Fred Glass and Joe Maddon is a great in game coach and has a fantastic feel for the game.
You can say what you will about the Cubs roster, but it's plain to see that they've assembled one the largest and deepest collections of young talent anywhere in professional baseball. The next couple seasons will bear this out. I'll still be here to tell you I told you so when it comes to fruition.

This is easily the dumbest analogy I've seen on this board this year and your dumbest post to date. There is absolutely no corollary between CTC and ANYTHING about the Cubs. Theo is the anti Fred Glass and Joe Maddon is a great in game coach has a fantastic feel for the game.
You can say what you will about the Cubs roster, but it's plain to see that they've assembled one the largest and deepest collection of young talent anywhere in professional baseball. The next couple seasons will bear this out. I'll still be here to tell you I told you so when it comes to fruition.
And, most importantly, the Cubs response to good pitching by the opponent isn't FASTER FASTER FASTER.

I agree, dumbass analogy.

How so, dipchit? Or do you want to continue to swing from Ziz's ball sack?

This is easily the dumbest analogy I've seen on this board this year and your dumbest post to date. There is absolutely no corollary between CTC and ANYTHING about the Cubs. Theo is the anti Fred Glass and Joe Maddon is a great in game coach and has a fantastic feel for the game.
You can say what you will about the Cubs roster, but it's plain to see that they've assembled one the largest and deepest collections of young talent anywhere in professional baseball. The next couple seasons will bear this out. I'll still be here to tell you I told you so when it comes to fruition.

How so, dipchit? Or do you want to continue to swing from Ziz's ball sack?

outsidechitter likes the cut of your jib....

outsidechitter likes the cut of your jib....
lol Not even close. I'm not gonna go batchit crazy town over anything. Much less, sports. It's an idiotic analogy. If somebody wants to support that stupidity without explaining it, then they deserve to be called on it.

lol Not even close. I'm not gonna go batchit crazy town over anything. Much less, sports. It's an idiotic analogy. If somebody wants to support that stupidity without explaining it, then they deserve to be called on it.
And that is how outsidechitter started out...

And that is how outsidechitter started out...

SAMMY'S BAT WAS NOT CORKED! THERE WAS A 2ND BAT PUT IN PLACE BY BUD SELIG'S CRONIES. I MEAN, HELLO, THE MAN WAS THE OWNER OF THE BREWERS!! OF COURSE HE WANTS THE CUBS TO FAIL!

Maybe you should call them, 'The Movement'.

I read today that Schwarber might get called up this week. Would be great to see him out their swinging for the fences. They need some O so may be a good time to get him some time in the big league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT