ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tre Roberson and Illinois State trying to hold on for FCS title berth*

Not sure if their fate has been determined yet or not as I would never really think to watch or look into FCS details.

I am glad he good great playing time and this is probably a great experience for him at some level. But not sure I'll ever understand how he wouldn't have stayed knowing how fragile things can be with injuries and instead of a FCS title berth, he may have led IU to 6-7 wins and a D1 bowl game coming out of the B10.

Think he should have shown more patience, but no matter now, still wish him well and think IU will be fine moving forward with healthy Sudfeld and rise of Austin King and future QB recruits as well.

I would not just expect Zander to step aside for anyone. Dude has some swag. Got better with every game.

While I agree he does have some swag and for sure improved weekly, watching what happened to Johnny Manzel in his debut is kind of how I still feel for now about ZD as the long term answer. Even in last game win over Purdue, the passing game (though with no help from WR's at times) was still pretty basic and simplified for him.

Who knows and I'm certainly not against him. But I think the GA kid coming in looks like the real deal. 6'2, GA HS football background, very comfortable in passing game. Think he' going to be the real deal and I also think Sudfeld holds down the fort next season.

Announced attendance at that game at UNH was....

9,500. For a Nat'l Semifinal. The stands actually looked like something you'd see at a Texas Junior High.

Congrats though. I may go check out the Nat'l Final....but like you, am just frustrated by what could have been.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT