ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Do you have a “second team?”

You know, another school you follow for whatever reason: not living in Big Ten country, feeling of moral obligation, need to further fill the constricted intellectual horizon with which you live, etc.?

Here’s mine.

PURDUE, men’s basketball and football. My wife is an alum and relies on me to keep her informed. Also, my son is good at math and hot to attend someday.

WABASH, football. I derive a certain strange satisfaction from knowing everyone on the field is literate.

Shoot me.
You just lost me. Good lord. Ask your wife for your balls back. SMH

Currently:

Butler, paid for three degrees there and love Hinkle
Davidson, as I had a Kid that went there
Princeton, family ties
ND, Kid that went there post grad, but they are a struggle to like.
Taylor, many BB camps as a kid.
Taylor is a very nice

Here's mine:
* Any team playing against Buckyville.
* Any team playing against UK.
* Tennessee. Visited as a young man. Loved EVERYTHING about Rocky Top!

You know, another school you follow for whatever reason: not living in Big Ten country, feeling of moral obligation, need to further fill the constricted intellectual horizon with which you live, etc.?

Here’s mine.

PURDUE, men’s basketball and football. My wife is an alum and relies on me to keep her informed. Also, my son is good at math and hot to attend someday.

WABASH, football. I derive a certain strange satisfaction from knowing everyone on the field is literate.

Shoot me.
I went to Northern Kentucky so I follow them. Xavier and Cincinnati because my dad and mom are graduates and fans.

Unless you changed your name. Do not remember you at all
star-trek-ball.gif

IU #1 in all sports.

Grew up Catholic and now live in South Bend.
You can probably guess which teams are #2.

Reactions: Radio Zero
This is what you call a “multiple reversible jacket fan” thread.

Only an IU message board would allow for such diversified fandom of other teams. You’d never see this in any other board. Not UK, Purdue, Duke, UNC….none of them.

This is what you call a “multiple reversible jacket fan” thread.

Only an IU message board would allow for such diversified fandom of other teams. You’d never see this in any other board. Not UK, Purdue, Duke, UNC….none of them.
… Duke?? Lol. What percent of their basketball fans do you think are loyal enough to cheer for their football teams. They’re as bandwagon as it comes.

Grew up in South Bend, so…

Actually, was an ND basketball fan early and then when I was 10 my dad introduced me to IU basketball. I was hooked right away. It was the mid 70’s, too, which helped.

Was still a pretty big ND football fan through the 80’s & 90’s, but the past twenty years I don’t follow them as closely.

Reactions: Radio Zero
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT