ADVERTISEMENT

Oscaio-Cortez Attempts to Talk Real Policy....Faceplants

Because that’s just not accurate hoosboot. She’s a vote at the federal level. She’s not just Queens’ problem just like Gohmert isn’t whatever god forsaken hole in Texas’ problem.

These people vote for or against important pieces of legislation. It’s not that difficult to understand.

You’re all viewing this as me attacking a “young exciting Democrat.” I assure you her party has nothing to do with it. I want smart leaders, not people that have an Economics minor with an International Relations major and nearly daily demonstrate they don’t know a thing about either subject.

Why on earth would you be defending her? I’m all ears. I assure you my track record proves I bash dummies in the GOP just as much.

Defending her? Then I'm doing a Rudy Guiliani job of it. You seem hella more dedicated to vilifying AOC than I am to defending her. And you seem hella more dedicated to vilifying AOC than I've ever seen you in castigating Steve King or Alan Grayson or Marion Berry (or even Bob Menendez) or other people whose influence is further down the food chain. I would love to have better House Reps, but that's 435 smaller problems. They are problems that I'd like to see solved, but I'm more focused on larger problems...because I can't solve the AOC problem (that's a problem that her constituents need to solve) and she's torpedoing any outsized influence she might have by continuing to speak about things that she doesn't know much about.

And you might want to reconsider your thought process on how people are viewing this. My issue isn't that I see it as you “attacking a young exciting Democrat”. My issue is that I think you have the narrative completely wrong, so maybe tap the brakes on your "you're all".

As if on cue, here’s some dangerous, unconstitutional banter from a GOP Senator:

Sen. Jim Inhofe, Armed Services chairmen, to a gathering of uniformed troops @ Ft McNair this morning: "If there's one group that knows this and doesn't have to be told it's you, and that is, don't trust the media."

Should all Democrats get exercised and shout that Inhofe is the face of the GOP?

Last edited:
You don’t see the irony in your comment, do you? Sarah Palin was indeed a mayor, governor, and vice presidential candidate. And she was ignorant. She is a brand new representative. Bit of a difference.

You are a poor feminist. Palin actually accomplished some important and impactful polices as a public servant. More so than many of the female public servants of her time. Now you imply that AOC is in some way her better? Oh my. You have a weird metric for looking at people.

The Democrats are choosing to resist Trump with entertainment instead of ideas and policy. One need look no further than pussy hats and Spartacus Booker to understand this. AOC is entertainment.

Reactions: herrli
Defending her? Then I'm doing a Rudy Guiliani job of it. You seem hella more dedicated to vilifying AOC than I am to defending her. And you seem hella more dedicated to vilifying AOC than I've ever seen you in castigating Steve King or Alan Grayson or Marion Berry (or even Bob Menendez) or other people whose influence is further down the food chain. I would love to have better House Reps, but that's 435 smaller problems. They are problems that I'd like to see solved, but I'm more focused on larger problems...because I can't solve the AOC problem (that's a problem that her constituents need to solve) and she's torpedoing any outsized influence she might have by continuing to speak about things that she doesn't know much about.

And you might want to reconsider your thought process on how people are viewing this. My issue isn't that I see it as you “attacking a young exciting Democrat”. My issue is that I think you have the narrative completely wrong, so maybe tap the brakes on your "you're all".
Sigh. Ok hoos. If you don’t think I criticize the hell out of dipshit GOP pols like King, Inhofe, Rohrenbacher then you are willfully ignoring me.

My problem with AOC is expressly that she’s yet another example of duping America into voting for a personality and not for a mind. That’s it. We deserve better and Yes, a congresswoman from Queens/Bronx affects us all no matter where we live.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heh, that reminded me of a millennial meme I saw today...

stick-shift.jpg

If she just sticks to talking smack and staying away from anything that even smells like policy, she'll do just fine.

She shouldn't even worry about it.... since Dems are refusing to term limit committee positions, she'll need to be in office for another 4 decades before she'll have the subpoena power she's talking about.

Sigh. Ok hoos. If you don’t think I criticize the hell out of dipshit GOP pols like King, Inhofe, Rohrenbacher then you are willfully ignoring me.

My problem with AOC is expressly that she’s yet another example of duping America into voting for a personality and not for a mind. That’s it. We deserve better and Yes, a congresswoman from Queens/Bronx affects us all no matter where we live.

She won 15k votes in the primary in a district of 700k people. The general was a walk over. I think the major problem is low primary turnout. She worked her tail off and knocked on some doors. That was enough to win the primary in that district. 15k votes is virtually peanuts.

She won 15k votes in the primary in a district of 700k people. The general was a walk over. I think the major problem is low primary turnout. She worked her tail off and knocked on some doors. That was enough to win the primary in that district. 15k votes is virtually peanuts.
It's pretty much par for the course for New York, according to Dems I know who live there.

You don’t see the irony in your comment, do you? Sarah Palin was indeed a mayor, governor, and vice presidential candidate. And she was ignorant. She is a brand new representative. Bit of a difference.
Do you see the irony in almost everything you post? Sarah Palin was who she was,but please Zeke tell us who you are and how qualified you are to call her ignorant? She won more than one election as opposed to some crazy bartender from Queens that apparently didn't realize that after winning an election you actually have to do something ? Palin is ignorant because you didnt like her?

Do you see the irony in almost everything you post? Sarah Palin was who she was,but please Zeke tell us who you are and how qualified you are to call her ignorant? She won more than one election as opposed to some crazy bartender from Queens that apparently didn't realize that after winning an election you actually have to do something ? Palin is ignorant because you didnt like her?
I hate to break it to you, but Sarah Palin was the point at which the GOP became the #NewGOP and went off the deep end. I’d advise you NOT to get into a “who is more of a dolt” contest between Palin and AOC.

I should just leave this go to the glass houses you live in but ............seriously tell me besides the fact I don't agree with you what is your basis? I have not called you any derogatory names or terms, yet it seems like as long as you are liberal you can call anyone that disagrees with you anything you want to. Why Is that? Could it be back to my original post because in your minds '' I am right and you are wrong'' Once again I never initially replied to you until you felt the need to tell me basically I was stupid because you do not agree with me. I am waiting for a real fact backed answer because on this board we deal in substantiated facts. I remember hearing that a while back .
Since I haven't taken the time to disagree with anything you've said, no, that's not it. You seem to be the kind of guy who just wants to pwn the liberals. Good for you. You're very Trumpian. However, I sometimes also disagree with liberals. On those issues, I might find myself in agreement with you. And in those cases, I would still think of you as an unthinking fool. It has nothing to do with your position, and everything to do with the fact that you post foolishly and unthinkingly. I am not judging your opinions, only your value as a poster, which is nil.

This is what I don’t understand about democrats. If democrats had made a concerted effort over the past 10 years making Mitch McConnell into a cartoon villain, like republicans have done to Pelosi, most republicans wouldn’t give two shits. On the other hand, Pelosi being turned into an ultra-evil villain with constant republican attacks have made democratic voters pretty much say “maybe we should give the speakership to someone republicans will be nice to”.

Glad to see my #1 fan came out of retirement. I was starting to think I lost my touch.
Do us all a favor and point to any of your posts that don't qualify as witless, snarky hyper-partisan, or worthless dumbassery?

Reactions: MrBing

Having seen an interview with her, I understand why the Sanders “free stuff” faction on the left loves her, and why the mainstream Democrats want to lower her profile because she’s not real smart in the deatails of much of anything. However, the mainstream media (the only reason I know about her) is smitten with her and publish stuff like this often. They aren’t helping with lowering her profile.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT