ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon Impressions

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
Only one game and perhaps the Ahia game would have been a better one to judge, but I wasn't all that impressed in their last game.

I thought their pass game was as good as ours as well as their pass defense.

Their running game looked nowhere near where ours is and their run defense was easily manipulated by Purdue spreading the field and going one on one.

Good team vs a bad team but #2? If so, we are awfully close to that.

Only one game and perhaps the Ahia game would have been a better one to judge, but I wasn't all that impressed in their last game.

I thought their pass game was as good as ours as well as their pass defense.

Their running game looked nowhere near where ours is and their run defense was easily manipulated by Purdue spreading the field and going one on one.

Good team vs a bad team but #2? If so, we are awfully close to that.
Short week.
Letdown game after a huge win.
Traveled 3 time zones.
GOt out on them 21-0 pretty quickly.

Short week.
Letdown game after a huge win.
Traveled 3 time zones.
GOt out on them 21-0 pretty quickly.
I agree. Most teams have off weeks except for Cignetti coached teams.

With that being said, I am more confident that if Ohio State were to play Oregon in a neutral site, they win that game. Not to take the Oregon win away as all factors (including home field advantage) are part of the game and they had the game at home.....but I still think OSU is truly the best team in the country if I were a betting man. Oregon #2. Georgia 3 and Texas 4. This is why I said if we go into the Shoe and somehow miraculously win......our expectations would need to shift to a place we never could've imagined.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT