ADVERTISEMENT

Official NLCS Championship Thread....

Montero finally let one get away after doing a hell of a job blocking several in the dirt. The shift with a guy on third puts a lot of pressure on the catcher.
The ivy got the run back.

Montero finally let one get away after doing a hell of a job blocking several in the dirt. The shift with a guy on third puts a lot of pressure on the catcher.
The ivy got the run back.

If they lose this game 3-2, Montero will be the goat.

Whether that's fair or not.

Probably shouldn't use the word "goat" though at this time.

I know Schwarber's d is a concern for the Cubs but does anyone ever mention Bryant's? He's been awful at third all post season. Plus his bat is non existent.

I know Schwarber's d is a concern for the Cubs but does anyone ever mention Bryant's? He's been awful at third all post season. Plus his bat is non existent.

Our 3-4 batters sure haven't helped us any. Switch that shit up Maddon!!

Reactions: C-$
Hammel. He was affirmative today on the radio that Hammel would start.
Sure but apparently he'll pull him early and ride the bullpen so what's it matter who starts? Hendricks got pulled in the 4th tied 2-2. Starters don't matter to Maddon.

Sure but apparently he'll pull him early and ride the bullpen so what's it matter who starts? Hendricks got pulled in the 4th tied 2-2. Starters don't matter to Maddon.
For sure. Hammel will have a shorter leash than Hendricks did.

This happens every year to at least one hot team that gets too many runs from the long ball and strikes out too many times. You run into better pitching in the postseason, and eventually that bites you.

Cubs young guns need to work on contact next spring, and the Cubs need to get two big arms in free agency, one more starter and another reliever.

Reactions: hoosierdug
Hammel. He was affirmative today on the radio that Hammel would start.
Hammel should pitch. Why use Lester and Arrieta on short rest if you're going to have to pitch them eventually, anyway? If Hammel can't get the win tomorrow, then you go home and wait until next year. Your aces only have so many games they can pitch, and moving them up one day doesn't do you any good.

Maybe Lester, since he'd in theory get one more start if he goes short twice in a row, but that's just asking for other sorts of trouble, anyway.

If you can't do the postseason on a 4-man rotation, eventually you are going to get bounced. Whether you get bounced in game 4 or game 6 is irrelevant. You're still going home.

Reactions: Hoops Cat
All I know is I really hole that LaStella, Couglan and Denorfia are in the starting lineup tomorrow. That's what we're missing...pop outs to them short stop and strike outs.

I still don't get Maddon's love affair with these guys. LaStella hits got them pitcher and predictably pops out weakly to the short stop to end the inning...and he stays in their f'ing game with US down. Baez, who has power and can hit (he's been shaky defensively I know) would be leading off but no, lets keep LaStella in and pinch his with Denorfia who proceeds to strike out looking.

Plus I hope the pitcher bats 4th tomorrow.

Maddon is amazing with managing a pitching staff...but I don't get him trying to be the smartest guy in the room on offense. Play your STUDS please. It's not difficult.

Congrats to the Mets...they deserve it. The fact that they are running wild on us is just playing smart. Soon they'll exploit that stupid shift (again, Maddon trying to be the smartest guy in the room shifting on every lefty).

Sorry, my phone auto corrected the hell out of that last post. I'm f'ing retarded but not that retarded.

Reactions: C-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT