ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC: Watched Mare of Easttown yesterday

Seyton

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2001
Naperville, IL
All seven episodes. Fantastic but will definitely stay with you for a while (impactful).

Anybody have any other shows that are only one season old that they recommend?

All seven episodes. Fantastic but will definitely stay with you for a while (impactful).

Yea, watch Heroes season 1 and skip the rest. Honestly I love the whole "Save the cheerleader, save the world" plot.

Reactions: Seyton

Watched Mare of Eastown. Agree that it was fantastic. You've probably already watched it but The Queen's Gambit is another excellent single season series.

Seriously moved to no one will see it? What with all the activity on the premium forum. Thanks a lot.

Agree Mare of Easttown was outstanding. Recently watched a show on Amazon Prime called "Tell Me Your Secrets". I'd recommend that one.

Hacks is good. Jean Smart is certainly having a moment. Also the Undoing and Your Honor.

Forgive me if I am wrong but I think it was you that had a thread a few years ago on the SNAP IPO that we participated in - just noticed today it is trading at $61!

Forgive me if I am wrong but I think it was you that had a thread a few years ago on the SNAP IPO that we participated in - just noticed today it is trading at $61!
Ha! How did you remember that? Jordan was in on that IPO, too. How it got to $61 is a miracle!

Watched Mare of Eastown. Agree that it was fantastic. You've probably already watched it but The Queen's Gambit is another excellent single season series.
I like it. Winslet is outstanding. The whole 3 generations of women story is great.

But..........there is a gaping plot hole which rubbed me the wrong way.

The old retired cop whose gun was stolen, used in the murder, and then replaced with two bullets missing (on the same night and he just happened to notice) didn't think to tell anyone about that? Other than that - tremendous show

Reactions: UncleMark

Is there such a thing as an off-topic post on the OTF?

I know, I know . . . it was moved. But still . . . .

Why, Bloom? Just to be difficult?
You're not new. There was a time when posting about the NBA meant you had to put OT in the subject or face derision, but at least it was sports.

The OTF is active, certainly active enough for your request for more TV to watch.

The old retired cop whose gun was stolen, used in the murder, and then replaced with two bullets missing (on the same night and he just happened to notice) didn't think to tell anyone about that? Other than that - tremendous show
I felt like they did enough to set up that he's absent minded due to his age.

Reactions: UncleMark
It’s an older series, but Happy Valley (not about Penn State, it’s a British series) was amazing. It’s first season is really a complete show. And Top of the Lake (from New Zealand) was another great one.

Both are in the vein of Mare, which agree was absolutely top notch stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT