ADVERTISEMENT

Obviously we all hope there's going to be a season....

Pigalow

All-American
Nov 8, 2012
as long as it's able to be done safely, but it will be a real unfortunate shame for us, in particular, if there's no season, or if it's even diminished, frankly. We have momentum & a favorable schedule, & missing out on this season would be an opportunity lost forever. Some very good players would undoubtedly graduate & move on with their lives. Whop, Ty Fryfogle, Marcelino Ball, Jerome Johnson, Hayden Whitehead, just to name several would likely move on & not play in '21. & it would be such a typical IUFB bad break. I'm scarred & paranoid about that eventuality. Well, let's hope it's able to happen, ONLY if we can be rest assured of the safety of everyone involved. Fingers crossed!

as long as it's able to be done safely, but it will be a real unfortunate shame for us, in particular, if there's no season, or if it's even diminished, frankly. We have momentum & a favorable schedule, & missing out on this season would be an opportunity lost forever. Some very good players would undoubtedly graduate & move on with their lives. Whop, Ty Fryfogle, Marcelino Ball, Jerome Johnson, Hayden Whitehead, just to name several would likely move on & not play in '21. & it would be such a typical IUFB bad break. I'm scarred & paranoid about that eventuality. Well, let's hope it's able to happen, ONLY if we can be rest assured of the safety of everyone involved. Fingers crossed!
I agree I hope we are able to safely play the entire season. SAFELY as you said.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I agree I hope we are able to safely play the entire season. SAFELY as you said.
I really wish the NCAA would consider moving football to the spring of 2021 and replacing it with baseball and softball for the fall of 2020. It would buy a lot of time to find treatment or a vaccine and ideas to accommodate large crowds. Baseball and softball can much more easily adapt to social distancing both for players and fans without sacrificing revenue.

If it's too difficult to fit a 12 game schedule into the spring, play an 8 or 9 game conference schedule only. Play the conference championship games as entry into an eight-team playoff. If there was any demand for "bowl"-type games for others, set them for Memorial Day weekend perhaps, maybe even in cooler weather cities where a tourism bump would be appealing.

Reactions: Sobchak_Security
I really wish the NCAA would consider moving football to the spring of 2021 and replacing it with baseball and softball for the fall of 2020. It would buy a lot of time to find treatment or a vaccine and ideas to accommodate large crowds. Baseball and softball can much more easily adapt to social distancing both for players and fans without sacrificing revenue.

If it's too difficult to fit a 12 game schedule into the spring, play an 8 or 9 game conference schedule only. Play the conference championship games as entry into an eight-team playoff. If there was any demand for "bowl"-type games for others, set them for Memorial Day weekend perhaps, maybe even in cooler weather cities where a tourism bump would be appealing.
Interesting & intriguing idea, but honestly if we can't play CFB this fall, I think it's best we scrap the season until fall 2021. The timing would be so compromised for the following season, & probably the season after that, we'd be chasing our tails for so long...football is just too physically demanding & requires too much time for growth & recovery to ever shorten an off season considerably, imo. However, in the event that the season would be scrapped this fall, I like the idea of playing baseball & softball this fall. I might like that idea regardless, actually.

Interesting & intriguing idea, but honestly if we can't play CFB this fall, I think it's best we scrap the season until fall 2021. The timing would be so compromised for the following season, & probably the season after that, we'd be chasing our tails for so long...football is just too physically demanding & requires too much time for growth & recovery to ever shorten an off season considerably, imo. However, in the event that the season would be scrapped this fall, I like the idea of playing baseball & softball this fall. I might like that idea regardless, actually.
I agree that the short time between seasons would create recovery concerns, that's why I think it would probably have to be shortened to 8 or 9 games max. There might well be other things I haven't considered. I am just becoming more pessimistic about getting in a complete season as Covid cases seem to surge anywhere large groups share confined space. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that warm weather is diminishing the virus, and the uptick in cases now seems to be in young adults. I don't know how you protect a college football team from an outbreak this fall. I wish I was more confident that something resembling a normal season could actually happen.

I agree with just scrapping the season instead of an abbreviated season. First it creates a hardship for those schools that play theNig Dogs and use the payday to help their budgets. Second as before mentioned it creates less time for recovery for next season.

Hey V 13 and some of you other great IU football fans out there I would love to hear your in depth thoughts are the status assuming everything were somewhat normal this year ( we all know that normal is relative this year) as compared to where Purdue football is and I think you all know why I chose them as the comparison. Also still would not mind hearing from some Purdue fans. Would love to hear from fans in a fairly detailed manner when you have the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT